SHAKEOLOGY does it really work?

Options
12346»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    That being said, I quit shakeology because it isn't anything special. I just wanted to try it for myself. It costs way too much for what it is.

This, IMO sums it up nicely...
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It's just calories that make you feel full. It's good if you have cravings or feel like you are going to overeat because drinking this will satisfy you for hours. The taste isn't good with just the powder and water. I always have to add skim milk. It isn't as sweet and amazing as a milkshake... of course I'd rather have a real milkshake. lol But at least this is healthier. It has a weird aftertaste. I mean I don't think it's worth the money really, but it's a nice snack that makes you feel full.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different, but I like it. I will not attribute my weight loss to shakeology because just like everyone has said: "there is no magic drink!" ..... and I don't want to downgrade my HARD WORK!

It is however very delicious and offers a lot of nutrition. I have it first thing in the morning otherwise I wouldn't eat until about 3-4 hours later - not good! I have noticed an increase in energy and decrease in cravings tho, depending on what you mix it with it can feel like a treat. :)

..... I should also add that what shakeology I have is from a free sample, still debating on actually buying it.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I have it first thing in the morning otherwise I wouldn't eat until about 3-4 hours later - not good!

Not necessarily... skipping breakfast I mean.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I have it first thing in the morning otherwise I wouldn't eat until about 3-4 hours later - not good!

not good? why? cause you're body will go into starvation mode? :huh:
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried the strawberry flavor? What is it like? The vanilla was a huge disappointment. It doesn't taste anything like vanilla. It's like a bland, plain flavor.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

not good? why? cause you're body will go into starvation mode? :huh:

OR because by the time I get to work and have time for breakfast I am SUPER hungry and then end up filing up on things I shouldn't be eating anyway.

Like I said before, I got a FREE SAMPLE and I really liked it. Although I would not pay $119/month for a product when I can find many comparable in store for less than 1/2 the price, I did enjoy it when it lasted!
  • Cifucanguess
    Cifucanguess Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a sensible replacement to the Shakeology? I did like the fact that it kept me full for hours, but I would like to find a less expensive brand that could do the same thing. Any suggestions on protein powders?
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    November 21, 2012 9:45 AM

"What is dead may never die"
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    November 21, 2012 9:45 AM

"What is dead may never die"

...but rises again, harder and stronger.
  • rwolfern
    rwolfern Posts: 4
    Options
    Try lean 25 shakes premade from GNC. with the club card and buy one get one 50% off, you can get two cases (total 24) for about 45 dollars. I love them
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It's funny how some of the people on this site that bollock people for using meal replacements themselves claim they cannot function or work out without their daily pint of pea protein, raw snake eggs and whale sperm. But that's different. Apprently.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    yes it does work it helped me tremendously. i have more energy, sleep better, keeps me full longer and i don't crave sweets and has improve some of my health issues. it is not as costly as most people say. it is about $4 a day which in the long run is worth the results.

Spoken like a true beachbody coach.......

lol. True, true.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    It's funny how some of the people on this site that bollock people for using meal replacements themselves claim they cannot function or work out without their daily pint of pea protein, raw snake eggs and whale sperm. But that's different. Apprently.

Mmm.... delicious whale sperm.