Whats your next gun purchase?

Options

Replies

• CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    .357 is awesome. I have one too plus a .357 lever gun. They are two of my favorite shooters.
  • cerumens
    cerumens Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well, I "Pulled the trigger" last night and bought a new "Get Home" gun for my wife.
    It is a Mossburg 500 JIC 12 gauge.
    It breaks apart pretty easily and fits in a little case.
    From there, the case slides into the compartment on the side of the vehicle where the jumper cables and crap are kept.
    Even with the little panel open, all you see aqre jumper cables and a little air compressor.
    You never know when you might need it.
    It holds five plus another 15 rounds in the carry bag.

How far to get home? Urban or rural? Ive been thinking of packing a Get Home weapon in our 2 primary vehicles. Im not convinced a shotgun is ideal. Im actually thinking of a couple of Cheap HiPoint 9MM with a few extra Mags.

An Anaconda to keep company with my Python!
    Nice Wheel Gun... Id love one but Im content with my 686 :) Its not to shabby.

I have the HiPoint 9MM and love it much more than my other guns. Heavy but nice to shoot.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have the HiPoint 9MM and love it much more than my other guns. Heavy but nice to shoot.

Most people bash on Hi-Point but I happen to like them quite a bit for what they are. I have the 9mm carbine and pistol, and they never fail to go bang. The carbine is especially fun with a red dot sight. As for the little nine, I also enjoy outshooting a friend who is a total gun snob and insists that a Kimber 1911 is "the bare minimum in quality."

This made me laugh... Hipoint with their lifetime guarantee is hard to beat especially if its just a range gun. Kimber Bare minimum...Cause if you want to be certain you really need a Ed Brown custom 1911 as your CCW. :)
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Last purchase was for two LC9's from my parents who can't shoot them anymore because both of them have wrist problems. They EDC .22's now. The SR22 I think... That is a snazzy gun if I say so... Right before that I also bought from the parents a Ruger .357 Blackhawk that I grew up shooting. It is the most accurate handgun I've ever shot.

Alas, no current plans for a future purchase. I still need to sight in my new EOTech for the AR. Then maybe a magnifier? Decisions, decisions...
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Like the majority of the worlds population... we don't live in the US, RSA or Afganistan..... so don't really need a gun...

i wouldn't know what one looked like anyway..... group hug!!!???........... no????

Love, love love this remark. I live in Denmark, and I would never welcome at gun in my home... brrrrrrrr. The concept of private owned guns is very scary to me.... Group hug... yes please!
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Like the majority of the worlds population... we don't live in the US, RSA or Afganistan..... so don't really need a gun...

i wouldn't know what one looked like anyway..... group hug!!!???........... no????

Love, love love this remark. I live in Denmark, and I would never welcome at gun in my home... brrrrrrrr. The concept of private owned guns is very scary to me.... Group hug... yes please!

Just hope (like responsible gun owners do) that you never need one in your home, but if you do, good luck with that group hug.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    This made me laugh... Hipoint with their lifetime guarantee is hard to beat especially if its just a range gun. Kimber Bare minimum...Cause if you want to be certain you really need a Ed Brown custom 1911 as your CCW. :)

I kid you not, we've actually had this exact conversation:

Him: "You seriously bought that thing? Hope it doesn't blow up in your hand. The best you can hope for is a jam."

*shoots Kimber*

*failure to eject after first round*

That is priceless!
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Just hope (like responsible gun owners do) that you never need one in your home, but if you do, good luck with that group hug.

I just hope thal all gun owners are responsible. I fear that some are not. Just saying.... that I don´t welcome a gun in my home. And I can not see my self in a situation where I would wish for a gun in my hand...
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I like the Taurus Judge.. I heard it get poor reviews, but I just like the monster
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada...what the heck would I need a gun for eh?

hunting, protection, collection, recreation? why do you need a car?

lol to get to work, to bring groceries home, how is that even remotely the same thing? Not trying to be argumentative, but I don't see the similarity between a gun and a car :laugh: I can function quite well in my everyday life without a gun, but in a big city it's pretty hard to get around without a car.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I really like my 2 pistols... a .22 Sig Sauer Mosquito and LOVE my S&W M&P 9C... I am guessing my next gun will be some kind of a shot gun or rifle for hunting.. I am pretty sure eventually I will get to learn to hunt. :)
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    A Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator Sonic Ice Series Blaster. I am saving up.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    I'm in Canada...what the heck would I need a gun for eh?

hunting, protection, collection, recreation? why do you need a car?

lol to get to work, to bring groceries home, how is that even remotely the same thing? Not trying to be argumentative, but I don't see the similarity between a gun and a car :laugh: I can function quite well in my everyday life without a gun, but in a big city it's pretty hard to get around without a car.
    because thats the life you choose....in fact most New Yorkers dont own cars. I choose to enjoy shooting sports and I choose to protect myself and my family and its my right to do so. You choose to be dependent on your vehicle but you dont need one.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to just hold an ak47. Though it wouldn't fit between my mattresses comfortably if I brought one
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Looking at a Stevens 320 security with ghost rings for my next purchase. I also want a S&W model 66 with a 6 inch barrel and a Mosin Nagant 91/59, but I rarely see anyone selling those. Also reeeeeally want a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow and some sort of 1911.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Looking at a Stevens 320 security with ghost rings for my next purchase. I also want a S&W model 66 with a 6 inch barrel and a Mosin Nagant 91/59, but I rarely see anyone selling those. Also reeeeeally want a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow and some sort of 1911.

I have a SP-01 shadow custom and it's easily one of my favorite range guns. I also have a protek as well. The CZ custom shop really does nice work.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options

I was in Copenhagen in 1989 and saw a man walking down the street at 2:00 in the morning, carrying a rifle. Denmark, like anywhere else, has criminals and I'd much rather be able to protect myself against them.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Need a .22 pistol for the boys and I to plink with.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    the walther P22 is a great little Semi-Auto 22. I also like the Ruger Mark series. I had Ruger single 6 in 22/22mag and it was a blast to shoot as well. I can't speak to the Ruger SR22 but Ive heard they are nice too , also the Sig Mosquito. 22 pistols are fun to have around.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Steyr bolt action .223 rifle