Anybody doing The 21 Day Fix

Options

Replies

• Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    Well that's the thing... I don't NEED to count my calories, hence the reason her program is advertised as an easy solution to eating clean without counting calories, using a kitchen scale, or logging your food. That is the reason why most people do not eat clean because it seems like a daunting task that is overwhelming when you have to count calories, weigh your food and keep a food log. I do know that based on the food list and my weight, my caloric intake is 1200-1499. This is temporary while I am trying to lose weight and my caloric intake will go up as soon as I am content with my weight. Then my caloric intake will support a a meal plan that maintains my weight rather then help me lose weight. After I lose the amount of weight that I want to lose, I will continue to eat clean, just with larger portions. Not sure why your questioning me, or what your point is, but if you have one, you should just get straight to it.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Well that's the thing... I don't NEED to count my calories, hence the reason her program is advertised as an easy solution to eating clean without counting calories, using a kitchen scale, or logging your food. That is the reason why most people do not eat clean because it seems like a daunting task that is overwhelming when you have to count calories, weigh your food and keep a food log. I do know that based on the food list and my weight, my caloric intake is 1200-1499. This is temporary while I am trying to lose weight and my caloric intake will go up as soon as I am content with my weight. Then my caloric intake will support a a meal plan that maintains my weight rather then help me lose weight. After I lose the amount of weight that I want to lose, I will continue to eat clean, just with larger portions. Not sure why your questioning me, or what your point is, but if you have one, you should just get straight to it.

But you can't accurately gauge your intake; you could be off by up to 300 calories per day, according to your numbers.
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    Well whatever I am doing works! Like I said, I lost 15 lbs and I feel great. So If I can be off by approximately 300 calories, lose weight, and feel great, then I'm all for it!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I just find it interesting that you would be on a website that is based on the concept of calorie counting but not counting calories. I'm also curious what you plan to do after you reach GW. Still putting food into color-coded containers, but just bigger containers? This seems at least twice as tedious as the relatively simple act of logging food as you eat it and tracking calories.

I'm not saying your way is wrong...I'm just saying I don't understand it (and so I'm asking questions trying to get a better understanding of it).

But to be clear, my opinion right now is that counting calories is far superior to this pretty containers approach.
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    When you use the containers, you should dump them on a plate so that you may get an idea of what portion control looks like. After doing it for so long, you can tell without using the containers, which is the ultimate goal. Of course I don't plan on using the 'pretty' containers for the rest of my life, however, for now it is a color coded, organized way to help when you are starting to learn about portion control and clean eating. For me, putting food (from the well planned out list that she provides for each color) in each container a few times a day is much easier then listing every meal I have and searching on the label/looking it up, how many calories is in it (when she has it all listed out for me). Different methods work for different people, although, 21 Day Fix seems to have worked for millions of people, and bring most great results. For those that are not used to meal planning, counting calories, and logging every bite they eat, this is a great start.
  • Mamasgonecrazy
    Options
    Thanks for the info :) I started today. I've been doing cadio videos on You Tube..OMG, my body was so tired trying to keep up with the video lol.
  • Mamasgonecrazy
    Options
    This thread is about the 21 day fix. Why sit here and question what she is doing? If you don't want to do the program, don't. It's pretty simple.
  • Workinonit123
    Workinonit123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Way to support someone who is reaching out.

It is called 21 Day fix, not because you are going to magically be thin in 21 Days, but it is a known psychological theory that it takes 21 Days to establish a habit................. but only one negative thought to crush a spirit.

This
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Well whatever I am doing works! Like I said, I lost 15 lbs and I feel great. So If I can be off by approximately 300 calories, lose weight, and feel great, then I'm all for it!

15 lbs of what, though? Water weight? Muscle? It wasn't 15 lbs of just fat. That's why people say it's unhealthy. You said you didn't log, so you have no idea how many calories you were eating or what your macros looked like. Eating "healthy food" isn't enough. If you eat too few calories, you lose a lot of muscle (heart is a muscle as well), and you may not be getting all the nutrients you need. If you're not getting enough fat in your diet, your body can't absorb fat soluble vitamins. If you're not getting enough protein, you will lose muscle. You want to retain as much muscle as possible during weight loss, if for no other reason than the more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns at rest.

I know you think people are arguing with you just to be rude, but there are actually some legitimate reasons why they are asking you the questions that they are.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    This thread is about the 21 day fix. Why sit here and question what she is doing? If you don't want to do the program, don't. It's pretty simple.

You've been here for almost two years and have made four posts at least two of which were today in this thread.

I don't understand why you would be so presumptuous as to tell me how you think I should forum.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

You've been here for almost two years and have made four posts at least two of which were today in this thread.

I don't understand why you would be so presumptuous as to tell me how you think I should forum.
    but...but...it's about 21 days, not two years. or something
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    Your right... it is more than eating healthy. In general, no matter how healthy you eat, it is very hard to eat all of the nutrients that we are supposed to have on a daily basis. I do know that people should not put down the program until fully doing their research and saying that it is simply unrealistic to lose that much weight in 21 days. I eat 6 times a day, every 2-3 hours. I have 4 servings of protein a day, 3 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit, 2 servings of your complex carbs, 1 servings of your healthy fats, I drink 80 ounces of water and I take a multi-vitmamin. I also workout 30 minutes each day. It seems like a sound plan to me. I have lost 15 pounds and gained muscle and lost inches. Whether you believe me or not, that is not my problem. I can only tell people what I have experienced from using the 21 Day Fix.
  • almc170
    Options
    Your right... it is more than eating healthy. In general, no matter how healthy you eat, it is very hard to eat all of the nutrients that we are supposed to have on a daily basis. I do know that people should not put down the program until fully doing their research and saying that it is simply unrealistic to lose that much weight in 21 days. I eat 6 times a day, every 2-3 hours. I have 4 servings of protein a day, 3 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit, 2 servings of your complex carbs, 1 servings of your healthy fats, I drink 80 ounces of water and I take a multi-vitmamin. I also workout 30 minutes each day. It seems like a sound plan to me. I have lost 15 pounds and gained muscle and lost inches. Whether you believe me or not, that is not my problem. I can only tell people what I have experienced from using the 21 Day Fix.
    I don't particularly believe you, given your posting history, dubious claim, and brief time on this site. But you're right. It isn't really my problem, as I have no intention of buying into this particular gimmick.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I don't particularly believe you, given your posting history, dubious claim, and brief time on this site. But you're right. It isn't really my problem, as I have no intention of buying into this particular gimmick.

What tipped you off? The "21DAYS" in her name? The 12 posts on a new account all in this one thread? Her "pros/cons" list where the only "cons" were throwaways/tokens and the remarkably detailed "pros"?

Nah.

Seems legit to me.
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    Well you obviously don't need to purchase any workout programs because you already know so much about health and fitness.
  • almc170
    Options
    Well you obviously don't need to purchase any workout programs because you already know so much about health and fitness.
    Yep, it's the people who know about health and fitness that don't bother purchasing this stuff :flowerforyou:
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    I can see how the "21 Days" in my username looks suspicious. But I was actually looking up recipes for 21 day fix and I stumbled upon this site. I've never even heard of it... But since I have been so thrilled about the 21 day fix I thought I would share my opinion. I don't need to prove anything to you. I know what I know... And it's literally laughable at the thought that you think I'm trying to advertise for beachbody because I'm really not.... But it's funny because you seem so "certain". Thank you for complimenting my "remarkably detailed post". Usually details are good when your giving a review for a product. If I were judging by your number of posts (as you did mine), I would come to the conclusion that you have no life other than arguing with people on forums.
  • Krystal21DAYS
    Options
    We usually people that don't know how to exercise purchase a program that teaches them workouts and/or nutrition.... But you obviously know it all
  • CarriLu123
    CarriLu123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

15 lbs of what, though? Water weight? Muscle? It wasn't 15 lbs of just fat. That's why people say it's unhealthy. You said you didn't log, so you have no idea how many calories you were eating or what your macros looked like. Eating "healthy food" isn't enough. If you eat too few calories, you lose a lot of muscle (heart is a muscle as well), and you may not be getting all the nutrients you need. If you're not getting enough fat in your diet, your body can't absorb fat soluble vitamins. If you're not getting enough protein, you will lose muscle. You want to retain as much muscle as possible during weight loss, if for no other reason than the more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns at rest.

I know you think people are arguing with you just to be rude, but there are actually some legitimate reasons why they are asking you the questions that they are.

This is the problem with people who don't know anything about the program criticizing it. The calorie goals range from 1200 to 2300 depending on your weight. I actually log my calories because I like to and I usually take in 1900 calories before exercise. It promotes portion control and exercise. How can that be a bad thing? I know it sounds stupid but when I read the book and planed my food out something clicked inside my brain. I don't use the containers anymore but it was worth it to me for the ahha moment. Disclaimer because you have to here. Not a coach don't get paid by bb
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I can see how the "21 Days" in my username looks suspicious. But I was actually looking up recipes for 21 day fix and I stumbled upon this site. I've never even heard of it... But since I have been so thrilled about the 21 day fix I thought I would share my opinion. I don't need to prove anything to you. I know what I know... And it's literally laughable at the thought that you think I'm trying to advertise for beachbody because I'm really not.... But it's funny because you seem so "certain". Thank you for complimenting my "remarkably detailed post". Usually details are good when your giving a review for a product. If I were judging by your number of posts (as you did mine), I would come to the conclusion that you have no life other than arguing with people on forums. Get a life. I have my experience on the 21 day fix and I felt compelled to share. Take it or leave it... And grow up.

LOL