We're all a little shallow...

Options

Replies

• shimmerNsparkle
    Options
    I want to be a hot mom :-) I also want my husband to think "Damn I am lucky to be with her" and wnt his friends to be jealouse, thats my shallow reassons my top reasson is my mom passed from cancer and being overweigh was a contributing factor that and smoking and I never want my kids to go through the Pain i did, she passed at 53, i was 26 when I lost her 2 years ago.
  • shimmerNsparkle
    Options
    Number 1 shallow reason: I don't want to be the fat mom my son gets teased about.

I am single by choice right now but when I am ready to date I want to do it with confidence.

I want to feel awesome when I am naked.

I want to be strong and know that I am the hottest I can be.
    I feel you!!!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i want to be as hot as I was when I was 19

will never accomplish that though :grumble: :sad:

so now I just want to be as hot as I was when I was in utero
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    one of my original reasons for losing weight was to rub it in my ex's face (which admittedly i did once when i was drunk and felt like a complete tool afterward), along with getting in shape so i could pick up other girls. they werent the only reasons, but they played their part

things change though, although im still losing weight so i look better its more for myself than others now, and me and my ex are on good terms, shes actually been losing a bit of weight too

im past caring about the "shallow" label though. everyone cares about looks to some degree its just about who's willing to admit it
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Because even though I might be ten years older than the other moms from my son's kindergarten class, I don't want to look that way.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    So my man can't/won't keep his hands off me.
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    1 word. N-A-K-E-D-N-E-S-S
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I want to like myself again,it has been years since I have. I don't want to be overweight anymore. I want to shop and try on clothes and actually feel like I belong. I have accomplished and overcome many things in my life, weight needs to be the number one thing now!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    It would be nice not to hate my body.
    Also oooohhh the clothes I would WEAR that I don't have the confidence to wear right now.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't want to look my age….
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    To look better than my teenage self for starters. Guess
    that means if I ran into my childhood sweetheart, he
    would drool .. is that shallow?
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I, til this day, have NEVER had confidence issues. My self-esteem has ALWAYS been 100%. So I guess, to look even better while feeling that. and to be able to PHYSICALLY do things I couldn't do before. Self esteem has nothing to do with what I can actually do with my body.

Spartan competition?
    Survive the Hunger Games? Zombie Apocalypse?

Yeah, all that :)
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    To be able to look up when I walk by a full length window or mirror
    To not feel sick for a week when I see a picture or myself on video
    To actual have family pictures taken done so my daughter knows I was there when she was little.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i actually had someone say to me at the gym (she hadnt seen me in a while and i had probably dropped 50+lbs at the time) you must have hated looking at yourself in the mirror and love it now.

i stood there flabbergasted teetering on the edge of telling her to literally stfu and remaining silent (i stayed silent and shrugged my shoulders)

im a normally quiet guy until i know you and i can discern which of the wacky thoughts in my head arent going to cause you to call the police on me and yell stranger danger. self confidence has never been an issue. ive always been a debbie downer. its not like i cried in the mirror. i accepted the fact that my being overweight was my own fault and not anyone elses.

the only reason i am doing this is to play basketball better than i ever have.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    i actually had someone say to me at the gym (she hadnt seen me in a while and i had probably dropped 50+lbs at the time) you must have hated looking at yourself in the mirror and love it now.

That good sir, deserved a throat punch.

Every 10lbs I lose, I add about 3 seconds of mirror stare I can handle. Getting there.
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My friends getting married on a beach in turkey I want to look hot in whatever dress she pics out. That and i kind of want to be able to wear short shorts before im too old to pull it off!!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    So I can ride on the roller coasters without needing help from an attendant to secure me in.
  • MeSheilaD
    MeSheilaD Posts: 6
    Options
    Lol. Because my clothes (especially pants) are starting to feel tight, and I don't want to spend the $$ on new clothes.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    This sounds really odd, but whatever.
    I spend so much time outdoors and i see so many beautiful things and i want to fit. I want to find myself attractive enough that i feel that i belong in such naturally lovely places.

Oh, and hip bones. I worship a good set of hip bones.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    All the women want me. I am just getting in shape to give them a reason.