Looking for those who have 100 + to lose

Options

Replies

• messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I too belong to this crowd...

I have about 130lbs to lose - lost 29 so far so just a lil over 100 to go! Sounds daunting at times but I try to look at my monthly totals more often than that big ole number!

This site is invaluable for me. Who would have thought that logging food and exercise would be enough?? I was thinking fad diet, fad pill etc etc but this has been better than any of that!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kirsten and I just joined a few days ago, and ultimately I have more than a 100 lbs to lose as well. I'm finding it a bit difficult to not obsess over food and numbers, but I know it is about thinking about what is going in your mouth, not just eating for the sake of eating. It will be a long journey, but it is one I hope to complete :smile:

Welcome Kirsten! I have 180 pounds to lose.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I too belong to this crowd...

I have about 130lbs to lose - lost 29 so far so just a lil over 100 to go! Sounds daunting at times but I try to look at my monthly totals more often than that big ole number!

This site is invaluable for me. Who would have thought that logging food and exercise would be enough?? I was thinking fad diet, fad pill etc etc but this has been better than any of that!!

Welcome!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    just wanted to stop in and say hello!! I'm right there with everyone with about 100 lbs to lose. I also have tried all the "diets" and "pills" and "detoxes" out there and everything works....for a minute. And as soon as I try to eat normal food the weight comes right back and brings some friends!! Its like a freakin fat party or something. But I'm done with that. I realize now that better foods and better choices will make a better me so thats what I'm after. There have been weeks that I've lost and weeks that I've stayed the same and unfortunately over the holidays I regained about 6 lbs which was about half of what I had lost. Very disappointing but the only thing to do is pick myself up and move forward. So thats what I'm doing. I hope everyone is having a great night and I will check in again soon!! And feel free to add me as a friend! I love that this site has the whole facebook type thing. And that its free just makes it more wonderful!!

You are absoultly right that all these "diets" work for a minute!! I have tried diet pills and all kinds of stuff and they work as long as you are on them but when you go off of them it comes right back on and more to go with it. I am done with all of that stuff as well. I found this site 2 years ago (1-1-2009) and lost 52 pounds but let stress and life get in my way and gained it all back plus 3 pounds. Was ashamed of that and deleted my account. Came back on September 2010 and lost 7 pounds then decided to take a break till January 1, 2011 and gained the 7 pounds I had lost during Christmas. I am now more determined than ever to get this weight off and keep it off. We can do this!!!!!!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Laura, great job on your loss this week. I see it in your signature. I am so proud of you.

I was so excited for my Biggest Loser weigh in this morning at work and most of the staff were given the day off because we have only 2 surgeries scheduled today. Most of them will weigh in tomorrow so I'll have to wait for the results until then. Bummer!:grumble:

So for today lets everybody drink our 8 cups of water. In fact, right now go fill up your water bottle, cup, glass, whatever and drink it. No not after you finish reading the other posts. Do it. Do it now. I will wait..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................there see now you can go mark it off on your log. You feel so much better now don't you. See, I told you.

Have a great day and happy losing.

Staci
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Laura, great job on your loss this week. I see it in your signature. I am so proud of you.

I was so excited for my Biggest Loser weigh in this morning at work and most of the staff were given the day off because we have only 2 surgeries scheduled today. Most of them will weigh in tomorrow so I'll have to wait for the results until then. Bummer!:grumble:

So for today lets everybody drink our 8 cups of water. In fact, right now go fill up your water bottle, cup, glass, whatever and drink it. No not after you finish reading the other posts. Do it. Do it now. I will wait..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................there see now you can go mark it off on your log. You feel so much better now don't you. See, I told you.

Have a great day and happy losing.

Staci

Thank you Staci!! I am proud of myself too!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I feel wonderful!! I just got done doing 40 minutes on my bike and burned 592 calories! I feel so great!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    We are snowed in at our house. I can't even get out of our driveway. I hate this!! Is anybody else snowed in?
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Count me in for this group. Ideally I'd like to be at 160lbs. I have all the tools, I just have to stick with it. That's what brought me here. Good luck to all!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Count me in for this group. Ideally I'd like to be at 160lbs. I have all the tools, I just have to stick with it. That's what brought me here. Good luck to all!

Welcome!!
  • outersoul
    Options

Welcome!!

Thank you! I added you as a friend. Anyone...feel free to add me as well. The more people riding my butt the better!
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So far we dodged the snow bullet but tomrrow maybe another day to look for it...hate that it forces me inside, I do not like driving in snow and esp no ice...though I do need to make it to work..and good job on the weight loss Laura.
  • aledquire
    Options
    HI,

I am looking to lose a little more than 100. I am 50 and single. I will be 51 in April. My starting weight (at 5'9") was 278. I am looking to get to 175, then reassess whether it makes sense to try for 150. In my younger years (up until about 30), I weighed between 130-140.

By the time I started a law school in '96, I was at 175. Since starting to practice law in late '99, I have added 103 pounds thru stress and being sedentary. I actually got up to 285 in 2008. I got a good start in 2009 by losing 35 pounds. I met a man shortly thereafter, and stopped actively pursuing my weight goal. I maintained the 35 pound loss however. That is until my relationship ended at he same time my law firm started going under last year this time.

Asa result I got all the way back up to 278, before I snapped out of it.

SW- 278
    CW- 270.5
    1st GW- 250
    2nd GW-225
    3rd GW-200
    4th GW-175
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    So far we dodged the snow bullet but tomrrow maybe another day to look for it...hate that it forces me inside, I do not like driving in snow and esp no ice...though I do need to make it to work..and good job on the weight loss Laura.

Thank you Leesa. I am trying really hard. I want to get this weight off and keep it off. I love snow but I don't like being stuck inside and can't even get out of my own yard.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    HI,

I am looking to lose a little more than 100. I am 50 and single. I will be 51 in April. My starting weight (at 5'9") was 278. I am looking to get to 175, then reassess whether it makes sense to try for 150. In my younger years (up until about 30), I weighed between 130-140.

By the time I started a law school in '96, I was at 175. Since starting to practice law in late '99, I have added 103 pounds thru stress and being sedentary. I actually got up to 285 in 2008. I got a good start in 2009 by losing 35 pounds. I met a man shortly thereafter, and stopped actively pursuing my weight goal. I maintained the 35 pound loss however. That is until my relationship ended at he same time my law firm started going under last year this time.

Asa result I got all the way back up to 278, before I snapped out of it.

SW- 278
    CW- 270.5
    1st GW- 250
    2nd GW-225
    3rd GW-200
    4th GW-175

Welcome, we can do this!!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning my lovlies! How is everyone doing? Did everybody log all their food yesterday? I did and I went over by 29 calories.

I am feeling great today. Things are looking like I could win this week's biggest loser at work. Yay!!

Biggest Loser is on tonight. Does anybody watch it? For those that do, tonight lets all do some form of exercise during the commercials. Only during the commercials. Get up and walk around the room, during one during the next if you have small hand weights do something with them, the next squats, anything you want. If you are not already doing some kind of exercise you can just do it for the first hour.

Come on you can do it.

Staci
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning my lovlies! How is everyone doing? Did everybody log all their food yesterday? I did and I went over by 29 calories.

I am feeling great today. Things are looking like I could win this week's biggest loser at work. Yay!!

Biggest Loser is on tonight. Does anybody watch it? For those that do, tonight lets all do some form of exercise during the commercials. Only during the commercials. Get up and walk around the room, during one during the next if you have small hand weights do something with them, the next squats, anything you want. If you are not already doing some kind of exercise you can just do it for the first hour.

Come on you can do it.

Hi Staci. I am feeling great today as well. I have done some exercise on my bike but I am getting ready to go and do some more. I have never watched the biggest loser. I might start.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is having a good day so far. Last night I set a goal of running two miles and I felt so good that I ran three! In my running I decided that my first goal is to get down to a 12 minute mile. That's going to be tough because my knees tend to ache and I get shin splints sometimes. But I can do it. I know those two are by products of all the extra weight I'm carrying.

Tonight it's some good old fashioned weight lifting for me. If I have time I'll throw in a run.
  • juleslb
    Options
    Hi Everyone...was wondering if I could join in on the fun LOL. My name is Jules, I'm a single mom of a little girl and I have about 145 lbs to lose for my ultimate goal but for now i'm just trying to take one day at a time...would like to help support others while getting support as well :flowerforyou: so add me as a friend if you want...
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    :happy: I have a hundred to lose also. Soo here we go!!!! Good Luck and God Bless!