Hubs finds me physically unattractive i need motivation.

Options

Replies

• DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If your bf doesn't love you at your "worst" he most CERTAINLY doesn't deserve you at your best. You need to do this for YOU and YOU alone. Yes, do it for your kids, yes, your hubby/bf will benefit by your self confidence gain, but sorry, he sounds like a douche nozzle for even saying that to you. YES he should make her feel good about who she is. PERIOD. This comes from a happily married 8 years, together for 13 years couple. My hubby has always told me he "doesn't mind" those extra rolls as long as I am "into" our intimate relationship. I know OBVIOUSLY he is more attracted to my more fit body (which has more to do with my confidence), BUT, the fact that he loves me no matter what, made me realize I am worth it for ME. I don't NEED to change for HIM! Our relationship can only improve when I improve me, but I know we are still ok if I stay just the way I am. Seriously. He's a douche nugget. Can't get over it.

This right here is what its about! You hit it right on the head! I personally think its not about just the weight, I think her relationship may be in trouble..

YES YES YES YES ^^^
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If my husband said these things when I wanted to get into shape that would have been terribly demotivating, I think this man is trying to demotivate you. I said I needed to join a local gym and he said we would figure out the budget to make room for it. So I did. I said I need to have more accurate nutrition data, he got a food scale. He helps me cook healthier meals and we are both healthier for it. THIS is how someone should motivate you, not by saying bad things about your body.

This times a million! This is what a good partner does.

I agree. Some of the earlier comments about, "honesty is how you motivate someone, what's wrong with what he said?" must have been coming from very emotionally immature people. There are many ways to MOTIVATE people--the examples you gave--being proactive and encouraging, are those. You do NOT motivate people by making them feel like ****. However, I am glad some people realized that he was being an ahole with further details. I guess.
  • evastar
    evastar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd be telling hubs to go fh, but that's me

Yup, pretty much
  • DanieRCC
    DanieRCC Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I need help! I need to get fit!
    I lack the motivation and the knowledge when it comes to exercise and nutrition.

The first thing you have to fix is in your last sentence. Nutrition, what you eat is the number one thing. My advise is, log everything that you put in your mouth. And learn to weight and measure everything you eat.

Most people give up because they over do it. Going from McDonalds and pizza`s everyday to, broccoli and turkey and going to the gym can be over whelming. So take baby steps, it can`t and won`t happen over night.

But the good news is, there is people here that has lost huge amounts of weight, find them, talk to them, they will help you!

Best of luck.

QFT

Good luck, and make sure you do this for you.
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Your husband should be honest, no matter how much it hurts it is better than being lied too. First I would say maybe get a subscription to like Women's Health magazine, you can learn a lot from it, plus they have very good motivational stories in it. I would start your journey with trying to eat better and lose some weight before you exercise just so your body adjusts. If you have never worked out before you can actually gain in the beginning because your body is not used to burning a lot of calories. Plus food is honestly like 90% of people's weight problems. Good luck in your weight loss journey :)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    anyone else responding to this really needs to read the whole thread... it isn't about weight loss at all... boyfriend is a douche waffle...
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Don't ever try to change yourself for someone else, including weight loss. Only make changes you want to fulfill your goals or make you a healthier person.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've never said this before, but based on the OP's side of the story (I'd be horrified to hear his side at this point), the best thing for everyone involved would be for the boyfriend to get hit by a bus. The parts about the kids is disgusting, so I can't say I think highly of the OP either. By putting up with it, she becomes part of the problem.
  • Choobey
    Options
    ACKK, I just glanced at some of the posts before this page and did not realize this guys seems like a big jerk!
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This is such a sad and depressing thread. I want to give advice but OP will do whatever she likes regardless. All I can say is I wish the best to you OP and especially to your young children. :brokenheart:
  • stananvik
    stananvik Posts: 23
    Options
    Not sure why you shared your husbands feelings with us. I find it hard to believe anyone would find his "honesty" to be "admirable."

I find how honest he was, and how she took his honesty to be very admirable.

Should he have lied?

He shouldn't have even gone there. Now she's gonna go try and lose weight, might fail, and there he will be with his honesty and it will be her fault that "he's not attracted to her."

What if she asked him?

Not then either. For her own sake as well. What if she fails?

So your solution is for him to just lie about it.

Answer my question. If she fails, what good is his honesty for their marriage?

Honesty is always better than lying.

Lying isn't always wrong. Not saying everything that bounces around in your head out loud isn't always wrong.

When its an important conversation like this....lying is ALWAYS wrong.
  • Ella1882
    Ella1882 Posts: 27
    Options
    Oy. How much of the grocery shopping/child rearing/house cleaning is he doing? Are you able to get 7-9 uninterrupted hours of sleep a night (necessary for weight loss)? Does he pay for gym membership and ensure that you are able to get to the gym every day?

You had 4 kids. That's a lot of trauma on the body. I know that Dan Savage has trained everyone to think that their sexual desires are necessities, but if he is sticking you with all the childrearing work and complaining that you don't look like a Victoria's Secret model, then he's just an entitled, selfish, deluded asshat.

*Edit: I read back in this thread and read your clarifications about your relationship. You can do better. Your BF is emotionally abusive and an asshat. You deserve better. Your kids deserve better. Your BF deserves a karma colonic.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you shared your husbands feelings with us. I find it hard to believe anyone would find his "honesty" to be "admirable."

Should he have lied?

He shouldn't have even gone there. Now she's gonna go try and lose weight, might fail, and there he will be with his honesty and it will be her fault that "he's not attracted to her."

What if she asked him?

What if she doesn't fail?

What if she does...fail.
    You're kind of a jerk, eh?
  • LifeLibertyLove
    Options

Should he have lied?

What if she asked him?

So your solution is for him to just lie about it.

Answer my question. If she fails, what good is his honesty for their marriage?

Honesty is always better than lying.

Lying isn't always wrong. Not saying everything that bounces around in your head out loud isn't always wrong.

Correction** Lying is ALWAYS wrong. The idea of a "lie" is that it is NOT Truth... therefore inaccurate or wrong. Honesty in Marriage is the key to having a successful one.
  • MaeRay007
    MaeRay007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    =/
    I'm glad for his honesty but that sucks.
    You can do it this time, I believe and props for 4 kids. I hope to have some someday
  • annasr08
    annasr08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After reading the entire thread, I can say it reminds me so much of my previous relationship. He always made me feel insecure about myself and told me repeatedly how unattractive he found me. And I said the same thing "he treats me right." This is not treating you right and it is never ok! You are so pretty! And no one should ever make you feel bad about yourself and tell you that you need to change physical things about yourself to find you attractive. You can't be molded into what he wants you to be. Luckily I ended the relationship and I feel so much better about myself. I looked at some pictures of when I was with him and I looked so unhappy and so down. I now have a new relationship with someone who tells me I am beautiful every day even when I don't think so myself. He is very fit and goes to the gym 5-6 times a week and not once has it occurred him to tell me he wants me lose weight. I want to lose the weight for me, mainly to fit into cute clothing and wear a bathing suit without feeling embarrassed . I do want to look good for my boyfriend and there is nothing wrong in wanting to look good for your significant other. However, like a previous commenter said, he does not deserve you at your best and it should be because you want to do it not because he is telling to do it.. I really wish you the best of luck!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    when i read the op i though to myself, hey thats actually a pretty healthy relationship where you two can be honest with each other even though it can hurt but as a i read more and more...yeah this guy is pretty horrible. If after a year plus he wont except your kids he neverwill and will treat them like trash. the things he says about your body isnt right. Normally i would say work it but with the kids involved just move on. Just my two cents

I was the same way. I was actually ready to defend him. Until I read more of the thread. Slowly, it started to unravel.

I doubt the guy's a psychopath by actual definition of the term, but he seems to be - at least a little - narcissistic. Seriously. Telling her children that they're not real brothers and sisters? Yikes. I have a half brother. He is as much my brother as my sisters are my sisters! And if anyone ever told me otherwise, I'd kick them in the knee.
  • widemajm
    widemajm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :( I hope that he is helping you along this journey. I suppose it happens (I'm not married) but hopefully he's willing to be an inspiration for you and leading you and your family to be healthier...not skinnier.
  • Choobey
    Options
    I love the douche waffle comment, my favorite thing to call someone like her husband is douche bag!
  • ToniLynn7
    ToniLynn7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I would encourage you to focus on diet (eating something small every few hours)....looking at your body like a car that needs fuel to be able to run properly and get the job done With 4 kids you NEED the best fuel possible to get though your day and to have enough left over for a little exercise. Diet is 75-80 percent of it and the rest is exercise.

Maybe start out slow with a walk in the am to rev up your metabolism if you're able and/or a walk in the evening after dinner? Once you start to see results you'll be motivated to do more!

Wishing you success.

The race doesn't always go to the swiftest!