June 17 - 2 miles
    June 18 - 3 miles
    June 19 - 1 mile

Total: 31.5 miles
    June goal: 50 miles
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I hope to get to personals tomorrow, I'm completely exhausted... Extreme workouts this week. I've also cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom and put out vinegar traps... I have a fruit fly infestation. I even put the bananas in the fridge LOL

6/18: 2.6 miles
    6/19: .7 miles
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    MsFrizz-congratulations :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: you have surpassed your goal of 20 miles for June. You have reached 27.55 miles. Would you like to update your mileage goals?

Kelley- Sorry you are still sideline but at least the cast is getting smaller or thinner. I have updated your mileage goal. Hope you can get back to the gym soon. Did you ask about the stationary bike? Maybe you could do that if you sit upright and just do an easy ride with low resistance. Just an idea-that way you won't be moving your hand to much.

Robin-Hope your friend is okay. He is lucky to have a friend like you.

jt- That is tough with your husband getting called back to work. Like you said the money will be good but it's not the same as having him home.

ferafilla- 6 weeks until the next interview- wow that is a long time. Now you can focus on yourself and this weight loss journey as you work your way to Twoderville.

Truth- Today was not a good day for me eating wise. Breakfast was great, snack not to bad but then lunch came. We had a faculty softball game today with a picnic lunch afterwards. I should have eaten lunch before the game but I was not hungry. Instead while waiting for lunch, I started by eating a brownie (okay not so bad), then came the cookies (homemade by the FACS teacher-yum) finally the hotdogs (only 1 roll but 2 dogs) and pasta salad good choice. Skipped the chips. Stopped for sweet tea and banana pudding on the way home at my favorite deli. Did not eat all the banana pudding but did eat the swiss cake rolls (yum but my reasoning was way off- I squished them so had to eat them-Kick in the pants). Then dinner was spaggetti with meatballs. Needless to say- way too much sugar products today. I just watched the game but I did make headway in packing my classroom. Cleaned out half of the store room and finished cleaning out a couple of cabinets. I did not realize how much stuff I have collected in the past 14 years. Lots of paper was thrown out today. Top off packing the classroom moving downstairs with TOM starting, I gave in to my sugar cravings today. Well, I will do better tomorrow and get a good night sleep tonight.

Tomorrow, we have breakfast at school and I need to finish packing my classroom. Hopefully, I will be done early but it depends on what time I get back from breakfast. A co-worker will help me finish the packing so that should help. Tomorrow will be the last day so I am happy about that.

Mileage updated.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--woohoo for your last day tomorrow!! :drinker:

@tanya--I hate fruit flies--such pests!

@robin--what a long night, but I'm glad your friend's chest pains weren't more serious. I saw video of those twin tornadoes--so scary! We have some pretty heavy storms happening right now--lots of thunder and lightening, so gunner is pacing the house. :ohwell: Yes, the moving burned lots of calories. I was there from about 10 am until 7 pm and though a bit of that time was spent in the car, I probably put in a good 5 hours of work. I only logged 2 hours of "moving" in the exercise database and it was over 1000 calories burned! :noway: As far as "preparations" for when I move, I definitely don't need any practice in that area. As a Navy brat we moved 4 times before I was 8 years old, and I loved it! Every time we would need to pack for vacation, I would ask my mom "Can I pack the dishes?". :laugh: DH and I are looking to sell and move but probably not for at least another year.

@tammy--sorry your hubs got called away, but it's nice that he is in such high demand in an economy where many can't find work. I know that's little comfort when you're missing him though--hugs to you. :flowerforyou:

@kelley--glad your thumb is healing nicely, but sorry you are missing the gym. :cry:

@mzfrizz--good job getting over your pouting and figuring out what was stalling your weight loss! A lot of people just give up (I know I used to!). Another great website to check calories burned is http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

@mel--glad the weight is going down! :flowerforyou:

@L2T--boston trip sounds great! New England is one area on my bucket list. Congrats on losing while vacationing--I'm hoping to copy your example while in the DR.

@fera--I know you can make your goal to twoderville! :drinker:

@hansea--we got lucky with the weather yesterday--only a few brief showers which helped to cool off the muggy morning temps. Needless to say the moving guys were happy about that!

@beckah--Thanks! I've actually been in *some* size 12 pants since last year, but they were few and far between. Tuesday was my first shopping trip where I really felt like a size 12--so yes, it was a great feeling!

Welcome to all of the newlings!! :flowerforyou:

Wednesday Wish:
    Since I missed it yesterday--my wish is that my darn nose would stop running.:grumble: I also wish others who are sick or injured heal quickly.

Thursday Truth:
    I probably won't get to the gym tomorrow. :ohwell: This cold is kicking my butt, and I really just want to rest and get better before my trip next week. I also have so much to do before we leave Tuesday, and I also have an out of town wedding this Saturday. I think I will spend tomorrow cleaning the house and running last minute errands before leaving for WI for the wedding on Saturday morning.

Today I went and got a pedi, then I finally bit the bullet and bought a new phone. I got the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini--in pink! :blushing: It is my 1st smartphone so pretty exciting. The monthly bill is a bit heftier, but I think I can talk the DH into ditching the landline, or at least going to something cheaper like vonage. If I can convince him to do that, it will make up for the increase in the cell phone bill.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + help sister move DONE!
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--wedding in WI
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = 0 miles
    6/7 = 6 miles
    6/8 = 2 miles
    6/9 = 1 mile
    6/10 = 1 mile
    6/11 = 4 miles
    6/12 = 1 mile
    6/13 = 2 miles
    6/14 = 2 miles
    6/15 = 1.5 miles
    6/16 = 2 miles
    6/17 = 2 miles
    6/18 = 0 miles
    6/19 = 2 miles
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I just found this thread and I LOVE it! I will wait until next month to add in my mileage goal. I am averaging 40 minutes of aerobics and 30 minutes of walking 5 days a week. Where have you been hiding this thread??? lol

I have about 140 pounds to lose. I started MFP on 6/5/2014. I am looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you. Keep on keepin' on.

Fess up Thursday-I gotta stop letting others influence me. I need to listen to my body. Just because I exercise doesn't mean I have to eat all those calories back. It would be different if I only had 25 pounds to lose but I have way more so I need to do what is right for me. I feel like I have stuffed myself the past few days trying to do what others said I should and the scale this morning was only down .8 of a pound. Time to go with what I know.

Have a wonderful evening/night folks.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I hope to get to personals tomorrow, I'm completely exhausted... Extreme workouts this week. I've also cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom and put out vinegar traps... I have a fruit fly infestation. I even put the bananas in the fridge LOL

Tanya - I'm having the same problem with tiny gnats - are they the same as fruit flies? :noway: - in fact the other nite I was so frustrated with them I almost posted about them here to look for solutions, so thanks for posting yours! Such a nuisance. I only have strawberries and they've been in the fridge. I have gone through cupboards and thrown out all suspicious products and did serious deep deep cleaning.
    I have been told they can come up through your garbage disposal when you are connected through pipes to other's condo units. I have a unit above me and below me. I wonder if that is true? I SHUDDER to learn the answer! :sad:
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Since the month is 1/2 over I will go with 50 miles for the remainder of June.
    Thankfully my pedometer can remember the last 7 days worth so
    15th- 2miles
    16th- 5
    17th-4.4
    18th- 4.1
    19th- 5.6

Thursday truth- I am still my own worst enemy. Let 1 bad event sabotage myself for an entire weekend and let the eating flood gates wide open. Culminating with a dinner consisting of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy and a box of Milk Duds. Still haven't quite figured out how to stop it earlier but my "episode" is over and back on track trying to salvage my week before checking in. I'm a slow learner it seems. However, I have made it to jazzercise and have worked out everyday this week. Looking forward to getting the kids in bed so I can catch up on posts.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: While I have definitely gotten in travelling (3 major vacations since August), I'm jealous of a lot of you. Always will be a farm girl -- I love the big wide open spaces of North Dakota (nothing better than getting up on a hill and seeing for miles to watch a sunrise or sunset), but it takes approximately 7 hours to drive anywhere major. The thought of just being able to drive somewhere for a weekend is something I'd like to be able to do.

@Robin...Lucky that her husband was able to retrieve the puppy. I agree, I don't think my husband would have handled it so gracefully. What a night for you with your friend! Glad things are okay and I hope you got some sleep.

@Karen...yay to a size 12!!!! Good for you! You've been busy...errands one day, moving your sister the next -- definitely good calorie burning activities!!!

@littleshadow...sounds like you definitely have your hands full. I hope you can get your wish as well and find some answers/fixes.

@Hansea...have a wonderful camping trip. I hope these storms settle down for you (well for everyone for that matter)

@Patricia...each step is more than you took before. Starting off slowly is a good place to begin.

@Laurie...I'm so proud of your swimming. It sounds like you just love it and it's such a good workout.

@L2T...sounds like a wonderful trip (see my Thursday Truth :blushing: ) and great job on your 2.2 pounds.

@Kelley...glad it sounds like surgery went well. Hope the healing goes fast for you.

@Tammy...oh, that would be scary...nothing you can do but having to watch it all happen!! Glad to hear she's okay. Cars can be replaced.

AFM...I didn't make it to Water Aerobics yesterday. Jacob is going to a "rustic" church camp experience on Sunday. Apparently, he needs hiking boots, tent, his own cookware that fits in a backpack etc. Yesterday was the only day we didn't have plans so I had to take him shopping. He has outgrown most of his jeans and he needed hiking boots and some slip on shoes and shorts. Took longer than I thought but we got it done! The kid went from a size 14 to a 20 in a year's time and from a size 8 shoe to size 11. We got into a groove, but the first 1/2 hour I was wishing I could just get stabbed in the eye instead of shop with him. :grumble:

Did workout with my sis tonight. Not as tough as it was on Monday, but it was a good one for sure!

Miles for 6/18 - 2
    Miles for 6/19 - 3
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    How to get rid of fruit flies and gnats...put a little apple cider vinegar *maybe 1/4 cup or so if that, in the bottom of a plastic, or styro cup..something you won't mind throwing away. Cover with plastic wrap and a rubber band around the rim to hold it tight. Poke a 2 or 3 very small holes in the plastic wrap. Set it wherever the fruit flies are gathering *kitchen counter/table* Fruit flies go in after the apple cider but can't find their way back out.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 6/19: 2.2 miles

Last night I started with a sore throat and coughs so I skipped water aerobics this morning. My throat is still feeling irritated so I will probably skip tomorrow, too.
    Thursday truth: I let my preparations for our trip, including baking cookies and making fudge, derail me today. I hope that I can show more discipline while we are on vacation.
    We leave tomorrow morning. I'm just about packed. We will be gone for 10 days and I'm sure I've packed a lot more stuff than I need. I have a hard time deciding what I need for that long, especially since a lot of our plans are kind of open ended at this point.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Evening all! :)

I was hoping for 4 miles today... But since I had to stay up all night with a sick pet (who seems to be perfectly fine now, apparently she just had a little gastrointestinal distress), I didn't go to bed until my husband got up until 7am (I was good, and didn't snack AT ALL over night!). Then I ended up sleeping until about 2pm. I think, given all that, I did well to get 3.8 miles for today (June 19).
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Have a wonderful trip Kaye!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanz - Sounds like your sister's move went smoothly. Clearly your prior practice has come in handy. Hope you get over the cold quickly and before you leave on vacation. Take some of those size 12s with you!!

@robin - What a scary night you and your friend had. Glad he's doing ok. The videos of the tornadoes in your neck of the woods are so frightening. Stay safe!

@beckah - Way to go on the loss!

@littleshadow - Summer vacation.....what a great thing. Hope it's bite free and restful. You've earned it!

@rnk - Welcome to the thread and you can do this. Just keep going even if you stumble. If you never quit you will succeed. Since you mentioned clothes, consider creating an inspiration board on Pinterest where you can post pictures and links to things you'd like to wear when you lose the weight. I have one and it's great to refer to when the urge to snack hits.

@laurie - Swimming sounds divine. I just took a 7 am walk and it was already swamp-like outside.

@kah - Great to hear your surgery went well and you're healing. Hope the cast comes off soon!

@muzica - Welcome! You've found the best thread on MFP. I could not have made it through the last year without the support, encouragement and laughs this thread provides. I loved your fess up! I'm a huge believer in listening to yourself and doing the work to figure out what works for you. IMO, that's made all the difference for me this time around.

@tlh - I too have a bad case of "travel envy". I love hearing where people are going or have been and my list of trips I want to take is ridiculously long. Isn't shopping with kids fun? I would have taken a blindfold and a bullet more than once with my girls when they were teens to end a shopping trip.

@kaye - Hope you feel better before you leave on your trip. Have a wonderful and safe time!

AFM - I ran around like a mad woman yesterday doing laundry, grocery shopping and getting unpacked. I'm still off work today and plan to sit and read a book. I love going on vacation and all the activity it brings, but being home is pretty darn great too!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day
    6/11 - 2.91
    6/12 - 2.91
    6/13 - 4.12
    6/14 - 9.01 miles (20,274 FitBit steps)
    6/15 - 7.53 miles (16,968 FitBit steps)
    6/16 - 5.06 (10,277 FitBit steps)
    6/17 - 6.98 (16,729 FitBit steps)
    6/18 - 5.00 (9,998 FitBit steps)
    6/19 - Rest Day
    6/20 - 2.80

Total - 69.08
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

619_zps4b8e0b18.jpg

Hansea47 Have a great camping trip.

Kaye have a great time on your vacation.

Happy International Surfing Day, held annually on or near the date of the summer solstice—usually June 21 (20 June on leap years)—is an unofficial, environmentally conscious sports-centered holiday that celebrates the sport of surfing and the surfing lifestyle and the sustainability of ocean resources.

“We can do anything we want as long as we stick to it long enough.” ~Helen Keller

Tom
  • Rnk21391
    Rnk21391 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    FItness Friday!!!! I did good with making sure I did some sort of exercise everyday this week. My goal this week was 20 minutes a day. Next week I am going to up it to 30 minutes a day.

Weekend eating normally isn't a problem for me. Since I am a stay at home mom and my fiance works 7 days a week, everyday seems the same. But this weekend my fiances 12 year old son will be here, and this week was also pay day I am sure my fiance is going to want to eat out. I am going to be cautious of my portion sizes, and be conscientious about not overeating. And hopefully it will be nice enough outside that I can take the kids to the beach or something and burn off some extra calories that way!! :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    bump
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hey All!
    Welcome to all the newbies! This is a great group... just dive right in!
    Hope everybody who got the spring sniffles is feeling on the mend! Tommorow is the first day of SUMMER!!! Time to shake it off!:laugh:
    AFM: I've had the case of blahs this week (in conjunction with TOM) and my motivation and energy disappeared. My eating was ok so I didn't do damage to my goals but WOW! I'm finally feeling better... which is good since I signed me and the family for the 5k colour run tomorrow. I'm really excited! Next weekend my SIL and family are coming to visit for the first time since we moved into the new house. I'm so excited!!! and I've SO MUCH cleaning to do... my place is perpetually a disaster. As I clean the kids make a mess behind me. I used to be a A personality but I had to let it go or I would be INSANE! :ohwell: It'll be so much fun. It's going to be a little tricky. Her kids have allergies to gluten, cow's milk and eggs. So we'll have to be a little sensitive to what we let OUR kids have in front of them. The kids understand because one of their other cousins is celiac. Then we're off on our big camping trip for 2 and 1/2 weeks. Yay!! We've got a spot near the lake and we'll go visit my inlaws for a couple of days.

Anyway, this was my bump... since I was getting so far behind. ttyl!
    Have a great Friday everyone.
    Oh! Friday fitness: 1 hour zumba and 45 min length swimming.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just popping in- Classroom is finished and all packed up. Glad that job is done. Now I have 8 weeks before I need to unpack it.

Karen- Moving and packing is tough that was a good workout.

I will be climbing tonight so it should be good evening.

Have a great weekend.

Mileage updated.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It looks like we are all having a decent day. I got back to walking with the dogs yesterday and boy did two weeks off do a number on my stanima. I was doing 3-4 miles comfortably and have only made it a couple miles each of the last two days. Oh well I built the stanima up once and I can do it again. Well I hope everyone continues to start their weekend off right. Cya later :bigsmile: :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:

June 2014:
    6/1: 2.24
    6/2: 0 miles
    6/3: 2 miles
    6/4: 2 miles
    6/5: 2 miles
    6/6: 0 miles
    6/7: 2 miles
    6/8: 0 miles
    6/9: 0 miles
    6/10: 1 mile
    6/11: 1 mile