*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion: Week 2 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Well I am on a role guys and feeling great. I am hoping I can hang on to these feelings. I am a realist. No binges, but good clean eating even though I am still going over my calories.

I checked the scale today....:-) and I am down from weekend weigh in. I can't help it but I am not weighing every day now so I will take it. I actually got on the scale because I thought I was up and wanted to see how much so I was pleasantly surprised. I will wait until weekend to record it. I still hope to get in 3 days under 2,000. If not I will keep trying because I want to be in the calorie range I need to be in for life.

Another option for those snowed in is at home DVD's. Zumba, Walking away the Pounds, Insanity, Etc. My method of choice and the only ones that my knees like is Walking Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone.

Good job everyone!! We can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My new inspiration for completing this challenge: sweet revenge :)

Ok so today my "big sister" in my old sorority asked if i would be in her wedding. and here is the kicker....a girl who hates me is going to be a bridesmaid as well!!! (ahh i cant even describe how much i dislike this girl!!) Well the reason why I dont really care for her is because since the first time she met me she has been a major b**** to me for no apparent reason!! So here is where it gets bad.....I was kind of "talking" to this guy--just talking on the phone and hanging out randomly nothing physical but major flirting and it was very clear that we liked eachother! well one night at a party he got extremely drunk and ended up hooking up with her and of course i was a little upset about it but i really couldnt say anything about it since we werent dating. Well he tried going on a date or two with her and just couldnt be with her(he basically took her out on a date because he felt so guilty about having a one night stand) (he is a very sweet guy) Well after he told her he didnt want to date her he asked me to go to his fraternity's formal which is basically like a big dance and events and dinners that last for a weekend. I went and we had a blast. I come home and a couple of weeks later i am in trouble with my sorority because she went to the advisors and basically made it sound like i stole her BF!!! I stopped talking to the guy for a couple of months for a couple of different reasons so she shut up about it....needless to say she was meaner than ever to me!!! Well I started dating the guy again later and she really doesnt even speak to me anymore if she sees me now. But the guy is my BF now and we have a daughter and plans to get married so im pretty sure she hates my guts!! I dont have any doubts that I am prettier than her now but i want to look like the hottest most beautiful female on the face of the planet next to her!!!! just so when she looks at the photos from the wedding it will be a slap in the face for how much of a b****she has been to me for the last 4 years!!!! I am EVIL MUAHAHAHAHA!!---she totally deserves it though!!!
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I exercised tonight for the first time since before I had surgery December 2nd. I went on my elliptical and it really felt good!! I am fired up that I did so well on it, so now I can plan to be on it every day, no excuses. I have really been working on drinking water....I love my coffee!! Good luck to everyone this week, we can do this!!!
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I exercised tonight for the first time since before I had surgery December 2nd. I went on my elliptical and it really felt good!! I am fired up that I did so well on it, so now I can plan to be on it every day, no excuses. I have really been working on drinking water....I love my coffee!! Good luck to everyone this week, we can do this!!!

What a nice success! Glad you are able to exercise again and keep at it with the water. Hmm...guess I better too!
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to decide when, where and how to exercise. Mostly w/Wii and putting off gym membership until I am more settled about what direction I want to go. Contacted a personal trainer today that was referred to me (waiting for return call) and that may help decide on gym membership or not. Looking to add accountability and work on core strength w/o aggravating on/off hip/back issues. Hopefully this will be a big motivator for me.

1st time trying Wii active and will definitely keep using it.
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Yesterday was my 'rest day' and I managed to stay under my calories (barely :bigsmile: ), but did drink a lot of water. Was upset this morning - my 30 Day Shred DVD wouldn't work :angry: . So instead I broke out my Tae Bo and did the hour. The ab work was killing me - think I am going to use that one for the rest of the week!

SUPER Job at finding an alternative instead of ditching the exercise!! :-)

The old me would have ditched it, but the new me actually enjoys the burn! LOL
  • merryxmas15
    merryxmas15 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello from the snowed in south!!!! Yep got some snow and ice and we are pretty much shut down! And by we I mean the entire north half of the state (if not more). Anyway so no work for me yet this week (I work for the school system) and it has been my tom (ugh) but I have managed to stay under my calories, I just make sure I have enough calories for sweets (I do eat my exercise calories, usually not all but around half or more anyway) And I have been working out everyday. So I guess all and all I'm doing well except for if the roads don't clear up so I can get out of this house I'm gonna start pulling my hair out!:explode: Haven't been on the scale since last weigh in cause I do tend to obsess (shocking I know). Well, its much past my bedtime so I'm outta here! Just wanted to stop in and say hey!! Nitey nite!!
  • ucms
    ucms Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello from the snowed in south!!!! Yep got some snow and ice and we are pretty much shut down! And by we I mean the entire north half of the state (if not more). Anyway so no work for me yet this week (I work for the school system) and it has been my tom (ugh) but I have managed to stay under my calories, I just make sure I have enough calories for sweets (I do eat my exercise calories, usually not all but around half or more anyway) And I have been working out everyday. So I guess all and all I'm doing well except for if the roads don't clear up so I can get out of this house I'm gonna start pulling my hair out!:explode: Haven't been on the scale since last weigh in cause I do tend to obsess (shocking I know). Well, its much past my bedtime so I'm outta here! Just wanted to stop in and say hey!! Nitey nite!!

You obviously do not live in Canada where we think that a 2 foot snowfall is "light"!!! LOL We pray for snowdays!!!! Enjoy your time at home.....I'm off to shovel the driveway.....AGAIN!!!:sad:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    omg Amanda, I love that story! I know it is eating her alive that you and he are still together and it sounds like you have a strong future and a great family. Show her up at the wedding, that picture will certainly be worth a thousand words!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hello snowflakes!! Happy Hump-day!!! I am so proud of myself this morning! I woke up and 40 minutes of Zumba then 40 minutes of Just Dance2 and I topped it off with 10 minute solutions--Pilates!!! I have been trying to get myself back in the habit of pilates and add it to my fitness routine for the past week and today i actually did it!!! WOO HOO!!! So now i will be doing atleast 10 minutes of pilates(hopefully 20) along with my 80 minutes of dance on MWF!!! Hopefully this will help to tone up my tummy!! Losing a lot of weight isnt going to look too hot if i dont try to tone up this "mummy tummy"---hopefully this will keep me from getting too much loose skin on my lower abdomen!!! I have been doing great with staying below cals everyday this week!!! I have been very on point with not checking the scale!!! I am only weighing myself on Fridays now...that is it!!! and i dont know if anyone else is feeling this way but this challenge just makes my week fly by!! I feel like I am trying to lose as much as i can by friday so i must say Friday is coming a lot faster than it used to :) Good luck ladies!! Everyone try your hardest to stay on track today and get in a good burn!!! Have a lovely Wednesday!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Morning!

sorry I have been MIA this week. I had personal issues to deal with and now they are passed me. TOM visited me yesterday. I am in pain, however, I still plan on doing my workout for today. My kids are home from school do to the snow storm...I am still going to follow my plan..

This week's schedule is:

exericsing 6x (30 minutes each)
    drinking @ least 100oz of water
    staying within 1200 calories

I think this is doable...

Have a great day!!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Well, I'm down 0.2 lbs from my Friday weigh in, which sounds pretty sad, especially considering that I've been under my calories AND worked out hard about 5 times this week. But my TOM caused some serious water weight this week, so I'm hoping that the 0.2 lbs loss (which is actually 0.2 + the 2 lbs I had gained!) will mean that my water weight is shedding! I'm going to be watching my sodium like a hawk and hope for a little more of a loss by Friday!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Hello snowflakes!! Happy Hump-day!!! I am so proud of myself this morning! I woke up and 40 minutes of Zumba then 40 minutes of Just Dance2 and I topped it off with 10 minute solutions--Pilates!!! I have been trying to get myself back in the habit of pilates and add it to my fitness routine for the past week and today i actually did it!!! WOO HOO!!! So now i will be doing atleast 10 minutes of pilates(hopefully 20) along with my 80 minutes of dance on MWF!!! Hopefully this will help to tone up my tummy!! Losing a lot of weight isnt going to look too hot if i dont try to tone up this "mummy tummy"---hopefully this will keep me from getting too much loose skin on my lower abdomen!!! I have been doing great with staying below cals everyday this week!!! I have been very on point with not checking the scale!!! I am only weighing myself on Fridays now...that is it!!! and i dont know if anyone else is feeling this way but this challenge just makes my week fly by!! I feel like I am trying to lose as much as i can by friday so i must say Friday is coming a lot faster than it used to :) Good luck ladies!! Everyone try your hardest to stay on track today and get in a good burn!!! Have a lovely Wednesday!!

Great job! Glad you are getting into the groove of things and working it out in the morning! I love that you have that extra motivation now of the wedding! Anything that motivates you...that is all that matters.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Remind me again when this challenge ends? I know I am probably behind as far as being on target to lose 40 lbs, so I need to get it together.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Ok...so I need to PUSH it this week with exercise! Between today and tomorrow...MAJOR calories to burn being that I had a slice of cake for my birthday yesterday. No worries though...I am going to push through it and see a loss this week.

This will be the first normal day for me this week, being that we are back to work after the storm...so BALLS TO THE WALL (Pardon my French lol)

Let's go Snowflakes...let's do this! Let's make week 2 bigger than week 1!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Remind me again when this challenge ends? I know I am probably behind as far as being on target to lose 40 lbs, so I need to get it together.

June 1st...DO NOT be worried about what you think is being behind. You have 4.5 months...and you WILL do this! Don't sweat, just make a plan of action and go with it!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Thank you! Okay that equals to about 2 lbs/week. I can do this! JUST FOCUS!! I've got to stick to my guns. I also entered a Biggest Loser contest at work and totally forgot about it. I've got to do this. Winner of the contest at work will win $100. Not a whole lot, but I can buy a couple of new fitness Wii games I've been wanting like Just Dance 2 and Zumba!
  • bhonniered
    Options
    I hate when vendors show up - with donuts! So instead of denying myself I took one back to my desk, seperated a quarter of it, and threw the rest away so I wouldn't eat the whole darn thing! But first going to drink a whole bunch of water :drinker:
  • hlhouse
    hlhouse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is AMAZING determination! I'm pretty sure I would have scarfed that whole donut, way to go you!
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Wow! That is AMAZING determination! I'm pretty sure I would have scarfed that whole donut, way to go you!

I have to admit that quarter of a donut was GOOD and I don't feel guilty about it! Even logged it! Now I just have to ignore the box of them in the lunchroom. :huh: