What's your favorite breed of dog?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
My favs are a pit bull, cocker spaniel, Great Dane, and German shorthaired pointer. I love each and every one of those for various reasons. My pitbull Ruby loves my kids beyond belief, my Great Danes from the past would protect their family to the end, my parents cocker spaniel is beyond loyal, and my German shorthaired pointer was an amazing companion as well as protector to the end. We will miss our old girl forever.

So tell me your fav breed go dog and why. Love the dog stories!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I can truthfully say just about all of them... Currently have a bulldog and chihuahua and they are a hilarious combo.

Some other favs...

Labs
    Doberman
    Neopolitan Mastiffs
    Newfoundlands
    Great Danes
    Irish Woflhounds
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Corgi or Shiba inu!!

Currently, our household has a Great Dane... I very much do not like it.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    I so miss my Danes more than anything! They will always hold a special place in my heart!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Corgi or Shiba inu!!

Why don't u like it?
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    My rescue German shepherd has made me fall in love with the breed :)
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    My rescue German shepherd has made me fall in love with the breed :)

Gorgeous and smart dogs! Love them!
  • runfastmom
    runfastmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pug
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    German Shepherd. I like the aloofness of the breed, the fact that they want to be with you but don't necessarily need to be on top of you, their independence and their intelligence (sometimes). They can be challenging but very loyal. I am also a fan of working dogs and tracking interests me.

My heart dog is a Lab. I love him to pieces but don't know if I will ever find another dog like him.
  • busyemm
    busyemm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Currently have a Lab and a shepherd but used to have a bearded collie. The bear die had such a wonderful temperament and would recommend if you have the time to groom the coat.
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    We have a Chocolate Lab and a Black Lab, both are gorgeous and loyal, and very good with our kids. They're perfect for my pace of walking too.

I really like Rottweiller's too.

Haven't really taken a fancy to little dogs, unless they have a cool personality
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Siberian Husky.
    Norwegian Elkhound/German Shepherd mix.
    Blue-nosed pit.
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I really like pugs, although I currently have a Boston terrier.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Shih tzu
    Maltese

I would love a miniature schnauzer
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Beagle and Black Lab
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    German Shepherd. I like the aloofness of the breed, the fact that they want to be with you but don't necessarily need to be on top of you, their independence and their intelligence (sometimes). They can be challenging but very loyal. I am also a fan of working dogs and tracking interests me.

My heart dog is a Lab. I love him to pieces but don't know if I will ever find another dog like him.

Couldn't have said it better about gsd's. We have a epileptic mix breed also so between the two there is never a dull moment
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    West Highland Terrier!

<

Smart, spunky, independent, sturdy little dogs. Plus, this one is a major snuggler.

EDIT: I have also taught him how to play hide and seek with his toys. I let him smell a toy close him in the bedroom, hide it, let him out and watch him find it. Super adorable. We also play tag, and he knows how to be "it" =) I love him an incredible amount
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Great Danes and Schnauzers.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have 2 precious pit bulls, Boston and Honeywell!
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Corgi or Shiba inu!!

Why don't u like it?

It's improperly trained, for a dog of that size it takes one little burst of energy, and people can get hurt. Plus it's spoiled, and has attachment issues. If the owner is out of sight it begins to panic x.x

Honestly it could all be fixed if the owners just took the time to train it!