What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    World War Z - Max Brooks(?), 4th of July - James Patterson, and Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn (?)

I just finished Gone Girl. Excellent book, but the ending PISSED me off. Ugh. :explode:
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Jeff Vandermeer - Annihilation
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Nothing Daunted: The Unexpected Education of Two Society Girls in the West
    It's poorly written so far, but I'm only 50 pages in. I hope it gets better.
  • BiblioTrecho
    BiblioTrecho Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  • mehrunisan
    mehrunisan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    the zahir, by paolo coelho
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading Blood Song, by Anthony Ryan. His next book, Tower Lord comes out soon!
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    A Dance With Dragons - George R. R. Martin

My nerdy soul wouldn't let me watch Game of Thrones without reading the books first, lol

It is safe enough for you to watch the series now as it doesn't go as far as what you have read, there are a lot of subtle differences in the series compared to the books and also, even with some of the standout moments in the books will still shock you when you see them on TV even though you know they are coming.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Your Soul's Gift, The Healing Power of the Life you Planned Before you were born ... by Robert Schwartz
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Borderlands 2 edited by Thomas Monteleone

Vamps Edited by Martin Greenberg

E pluribus unicorn by Theodore sturgeon

The dark Country by Dennis Etchison

The Eternal Nazi the search for SS Doctor Aribert Heim by Nicholas Kulish
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Divergent- Veronica Roth

Top Secret Twenty-One- Janet Evanovich

Lost in Love- Kate Perry
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading "Under The Dome" by Stephen King.

I love to mini series........I was told the book is a quick read even though it is dauntingly huge. Thoughts??
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The Game of Thrones books...love the show, have to read the books
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of reading "The Red Queen: Sex and the evolution of human nature". It is extremely interesting especially the arguments whether females across nature prefer the sexy mate or the good husband when choosing who to breed with.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The Game of Thrones books...love the show, have to read the books
    Oh! Oh! Oh! They are SO AMAZING!!! Better than the show, especially after season 2!!!

Anyway, I just finished reading Sleeping With the Enemy. Decent book, better movie. The author does not seem to have a high opinion of men.

Now I'm reading Outlander on a friend's suggestion and raves. So far, not impressed. Horrible writing. And I'm going to start The Awakening by Kate Chopin. It's short, so easy to read alongside something else. And it's a classic, so hopefully that bodes well for the writing ...
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    "Cooper" by Harper Sloan
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Promise Not To Tell by Jennifer McMahon.
    I stopped reading Under the Dome because it was really different from the TV series. I will pick back up and finish it this summer. Can't stand to not finish a book.
    If you like Zombie type books, The Remaining series by D.J. Molles is very good!
    I am currently waiting for book 5 which will be out in 2015.
    Also LOVED!!! The Game of Throne books!
  • KarKrzy29
    KarKrzy29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I read 131 books last year, not so much this year, This year I am just reading/waiting for the next books to come out in previous series. I am into all the supernatural stuff especially when there is a story about soulmates or people who shouldn't be together but are perfect for each other and girls kicking butt,you know girly stuff. Some of my Favourite series are:
    The Black Dagger Brotherhood J.R Ward
    Georgina Kincaid Series- Rachelle Mead
    Dark Series-Christine Feehan
    Mercy Thompson Series- Patricia Briggs
    Dark Hunter Series-Sherrilyn Kenyon- currently reading book 38 (and they are not small books)
    MIdnight Breed- Laura Adrian
    The Others Series- Christine Warren
    Lords of the Underworld- Gena Showalter

Okay the list goes on, they are all my favourite :embarassed: . Gotta go read now
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Under the dome by stephen king, I started reading it a few years ago but didn't get to finish, they show last summer renewed my interest.
  • Proph24
    Proph24 Posts: 195
    Options
    just finished stephen ambrose - band of brothers
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    A History of the Four Georges, by Justin McCarthy

I wish I had found this before I wrote my stories. I'm writing in 1718, and this is a very in depth history. I knew King George went back to Hanover in the summer of 1718, but this has an almost day by day summery of what was going on in the House of Commons, the House of Lords, as well as the different Counsels and Boards. Which means I have a big re-write in my future.

Larro