So what is your 4th of July food strategy?

Options

Replies

• luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Drink!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Running 9 or 12 (havent decided) miles to start off the day so that I wont feel so guilty when I eat. Also I am only eating lunch with the family so that meal is going BIG. I plan to cut back on my breakfast and dinner and cut out my normal daily snacks. That should keep me at least close to goal.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I plan to have a hamburger or two, buns included! I just won't overdo it with sides. I'm hoping it won't be too super hot and I can get some walks in with my hubby, 3yo daughter and dogs. It's tough because I'm 6 months pregnant and so exhausted!
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hopefully be out on boat most of the day, then back in time for fireworks. probably grazin' most of the day too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Watch the "Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest", then attempt it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Sit and brood on strategies for retaking America... while eating.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging at all for the weekend, I'm going to eat way too much fried food, more hotdogs that I can count too!! It's going to be awesome!

tumblr_mdk4xmfAmJ1qgos7ro1_1280.gif

my strategy is to start early and graze all day.
    protein macro will be met/exceeded.
    fat macro will be exceeded.
    carb macro will also be exceeded.

But will your alcohol macro be exceeded?

tumblr_m11uy1CwFZ1r4n4yf.gif
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    We don't normally do a cookout party fo the 4th, so I'm gonna eat whatever the heck I want :bigsmile:
    I'm also running a 3-Mile run that a.m. (Yes, 4th of July in FL and I'm running in that heat)
    I foresee burgers, chips, ice cream, maybe some cake, some cookies and "Independence Day" on the TV.
    Welcome to Erf. :glasses:
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Central park with fruits and local eatery lol :)
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Since it is always at my house I can control most of what is offered.

BUT I still plan on having a burger, chili dog(s) and s'mores!

All in moderations, with hopefully outdoor activities to balance it out.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Sit and brood on strategies for retaking America... while eating.

:laugh:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I am smoking 2 -8 lb. Boston butts, 16 chicken quarters, 2 tins of Smoked Mac and Cheese, 1 tin of Smoked Baked Beans, will have assorted fresh fruits (watermelon, musk melon, etc) and am making 2 or 3 pans of chocolate fudge brownies... There will also be veggie trays and chips and cold beer and pop.... It is one day, we will have a house full of family and friends from both in town and out of town and we will partake in alot of good food and laugh and have a good time and then July 5th, I will roll out of bed and get right back to business as usual because this is a lifestyle thing and nothing else..... We all (as a family) will be run/walking/jogging the local 4th of July 5K in the morning so there will still be a little exercise getting done as well...
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to eat, log, and move on. It's a once-a-year occasion where we will have a HUGE dinner. I'm going to exercise normally and just eat. I'm not going to have anything that isn't worth eating like (nasty) crumbly hot dog buns or something. If I'm going to eat it, it is going to have to be really good!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Work out hard before the BBQ, fill up on raw vegetables and an apple before showing up. Otherwise I will binge.
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Adults actually celebrate the 4th of July? I have never understood that. It's such a useless holiday. I won't be going anywhere or doing anything so I'm not worried about it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    With 4th of July around the corner, what is your strategy to stay on target with calories?

So what are you planning to do?

Change my calorie target.
    Throw up when appropriate.
    Win.
  • wannabehealthyagain
    Options
    Honestly, I don't do anything special for the 4th...the food is the same.

If I were to go to a picnic/bbq/party, I would have a "relax" day and just enjoy the good food and the good company. I feel that stressing out about a bun and such will take away from the celebration. I have 1 day a week where I don't really count...I don't go crazy but I don't count, and I would just make it that day :)

Happy 4th
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Adults actually celebrate the 4th of July? I have never understood that. It's such a useless holiday. I won't be going anywhere or doing anything so I'm not worried about it.

Ah, I kind of agree since I don't get the thrill of grilling and seeing extended family and I definitely don't care about fireworks.

But I love the idea of an extra paid day off work creating a 3 day weekend to share with my husband and the "excuse" to book a cottage and do outdoorsy fun things for an extra day. I'll take that kind of holiday anytime.