Deleted Friend.

Options

Replies

• ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I periodically clean out my "friends" list ... you know, to trim the fat. Too soon? :laugh: Anyhow, if any of the people on my FL have been inactive for 2 weeks or more and haven't provided a reason for their extended absence beforehand (e.g., "I'm going on holiday, so I might not be around very much"), then I nix them. I assume that if you haven't logged in for 2 weeks or more, chances are high that you're not coming back for a while. I know there are exceptions, but I'm not going to sit here and try to determine what the exceptions might be.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    i delete hippies.

and canadians.

and people who are inactive for more than an hour.

and who like brussels sprouts.

and those who misspell easy words like "PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS".

and also canadians. or did i say that one already? :huh:

Aren’t Canadians and hippies one and the same?
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I try not to delete anyone. I mean, I figure if they wanted me to be their friend, they are truly in need of friends!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    i've deleted people for calling it a "churck."

Darn me and my typo-s to heck, to heck, I say!

(I must be deleted... boo)

I unfriend you.

That's not how it works! That's not how any of this works!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    i delete hippies.

and canadians.

and people who are inactive for more than an hour.

and who like brussels sprouts.

and those who misspell easy words like "PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS".

and also canadians. or did i say that one already? :huh:

Aren’t Canadians and hippies one and the same?

Canadians tend to bathe more often.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Basically i have no problem listening to complaints when people are trying hard but if you food log is empty and/or filled with Wendy's Baconators everyday then I can't comment (cant say anything nice) and there is no point continuing being friends.

I'm fascinated by the concept of a Wendy's Baconator ending a friendship.

I don't even know what one is...

It was more the key that the "majority" of their diary was 800 calorie burgers married with the complaints.....
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i've deleted people for calling it a "churck."

Darn me and my typo-s to heck, to heck, I say!

(I must be deleted... boo)

I unfriend you.

That's not how it works! That's not how any of this works!

that_s_not_how_any_of_this_works_by_devilishsaintny-d794j6l.jpg
  • mopar_lover
    mopar_lover Posts: 198
    Options
    had very few friends, all of whom I deleted when leaving MFP. I didn't like doing that since they were good people.

It is very difficult being accepted as a friend by the young, beautiful, ripped folks on MFP when you're an older person such as myself. Case in point, read the post near the top of the page where this wonderful, young lady finds men her father's age "creepy". I have hopes, dreams, goals, and a sense of humor just like "the Beautuiful" people, and need encourgaement but most importantly, want to learn new and better techniques. I don't discriminate just because they're younger than my children.

I've gotten to the point where I try to mind my own business and have the attitude - live and let live.

As Frank Sinatra once sang (To the Beautiful younger ripped folks................Google him)" I did it my way!"
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder, I forgot that needed to delete more people. And then make new ones so I can delete them. Any takers? :laugh:
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    What does ED stand for? I've Googled it and it comes up with Erectile Dysfunction (probably not this), Eternal Darkness (doubtful), Executive Directors (could be..)
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    If you're inactive for 30 days.
    If you turn out to be just a 'Friend Collector".
    If you feel the need to constantly comment on my food diary.
    If you're too "Canadian".
    If you think you're a witch or if you just turn out to be a man hater.
    Any of these things will cause me to hit the "Smite" key....
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    What does ED stand for? I've Googled it and it comes up with Erectile Dysfunction (probably not this), Eternal Darkness (doubtful), Executive Directors (could be..)

Eating Disorder I believe.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Basically i have no problem listening to complaints when people are trying hard but if you food log is empty and/or filled with Wendy's Baconators everyday then I can't comment (cant say anything nice) and there is no point continuing being friends.

I'm fascinated by the concept of a Wendy's Baconator ending a friendship.

I don't even know what one is...

It was more the key that the "majority" of their diary was 800 calorie burgers married with the complaints.....

Just sounds like the kind of meal that's interested in travelling to the past and stopping John Connor being born.
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think I know the 'friend' that OP deleted 'cos I deleted them too, for the same reason!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I delete people who leave their settings so that every forum post they make shows up in my news feed. I don't need to know how many people they would spank, or who they want to see naked! Don't care what they post, I just don't want it filling my news feed!

You know you can adjust the settings on your own newsfeed so you don't see those posts, right?
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I delete people if they have checked in for a month and I unfriended a guy who told me not to eat so much (I know when I eat poorly, but I log it anyway).

I did eat a baconator once - my daughter-in-law gave it to me after she had her weight-loss surgery. I guess she wanted SOMEONE to eat one and I knew it was a bad idea while I was eating it.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I delete mine if they are not on for over 15 days (it depends tho), people who do not contact me or bother to support me (even when i support them), they treat mfp as a facebook/twitter, or i find out they only add for a high "friend" count.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I used to delete for inactivity (2+ months), but now I leave the inactives be b/c they don't clutter up my feed, so what's the harm in leaving them there.

I DO delete for incompatible health/fitness philosophies. I don't want to hear you whine about sugar, carbs, fat, cheat days, binging (1 donut Sat morning), TOM, or small weight fluctuations.

I DO delete for "why can't be all be nicer" complaints also.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Eating Disorder I believe.

Ah thanks, that makes sense :embarassed:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They're not your "friends", people! They're are random internet strangers that might become an acquaintence (sp?) ffs!

My random internet strangers are better than your random internet strangers!

No, really. Because quite a few of them have become more than mere acquaintances. Sorry that MFP isn't as awesome for you as it is for me!
    I regularly have girls' nights and workout with some of these "random Internet strangers." And I recently attended one of their weddings.