What's with the pose, ladies?

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Wow, people, chill out.

1. No one said I was "offended" by this.
    2. I'm not being judgmental. I'm simply asking why people do this. I was looking for an actual answer.
    3. Yes, I've done the one arm thing in pictures, but not every single one. I'm specifically referring to women that have no other pose but that one. I was just curious as to if there was a reason behind it (i.e. it gives the illusion of an hourglass shape).
    4. Shaming? Really? I swear, people are so easily offended.
    5. Once again, chill out.

By the way, saying I'm shaming people and then turning right around and poking fun at my pictures doesn't make you clever. It makes you a hypocrite. And calling me a hypocrite while being a hypocrite is even worse. But as I said, I'm not shaming anyone.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    ... It's how they WANT to pose. Let them be. If they want duck lips, then go ahead, if they want peace signs, sure why not.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    still better than all those weird laying-down bikini pictures people have lately.

^^^ This.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    I'm fidgety, so I put my hands on my hips to keep my hands from moving. People. Always have to find something to complain about!

You-spend-to-much-time-on-the-internet.gif
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    This is my "pleae go on" face. Don't I look interested? I'm posing with a straw which is just stoooopid.
    pleasegoon_zps62e47bbb.jpg

THAT'S HUGE>>>>>> I can't edit...meh. Whatever...haha.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    I call this the planking AND "awkward bikini pic"....two in one. It's not at all forced because there's no hand on the hip...sooo natural.

Is-Hangmatting-the-New-Planking-560x372.jpg
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    ... It's how they WANT to pose. Let them be. If they want duck lips, then go ahead, if they want peace signs, sure why not.

I prefer half peace signs personally....
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    From a photography standpoint, from an actual photographer:

::shamelessplug:: www.subjectonephotography.com ::endshamelessplug::

It creates negative space between the torso and the body accentuating the curves of the torso. Also, the hand on the hip pose subliminally forces the shoulder down and back, as well as a slight arch to the back which in turn forces the chest out, butt out, and chin up.

If done right, it should elongate the body, creating the illusion of curves and a slimmer profile.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Cause the hips don't lie. Duh.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    It seems like some can't take a reverse/mirror selfie either. The way they concentrate on the phone like "am I doing this right" is so off putting.

You, I really like you.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    I call this the planking AND "awkward bikini pic"....two in one. It's not at all forced because there's no hand on the hip...sooo natural.

What is that, a bike rack?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    This is my "pleae go on" face. Don't I look interested? I'm posing with a straw which is just stoooopid.
    pleasegoon_zps62e47bbb.jpg

Why are you FORCING your lips together? Gawd, can't you drink through a straw without wrinkling your lips!?!?! SMH.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Wow, people, chill out.

1. No one said I was "offended" by this.
    2. I'm not being judgmental. I'm simply asking why people do this. I was looking for an actual answer.
    3. Yes, I've done the one arm thing in pictures, but not every single one. I'm specifically referring to women that have no other pose but that one. I was just curious as to if there was a reason behind it (i.e. it gives the illusion of an hourglass shape).
    4. Shaming? Really? I swear, people are so easily offended.
    5. Once again, chill out.

By the way, saying I'm shaming people and then turning right around and poking fun at my pictures doesn't make you clever. It makes you a hypocrite. And calling me a hypocrite while being a hypocrite is even worse. But as I said, I'm not shaming anyone.

How DARE you be curious?!?!...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    It seems like some can't take a reverse/mirror selfie either. The way they concentrate on the phone like "am I doing this right" is so off putting.

Wtf is a reverse/mirror selfie?

Signed,
    Someone who needs a lesson in selfies (See profile pic for evidence.)
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    I'm gonna have to put a hand on hip picture up now. :laugh:
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    <-- Yolo?
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member

Why are you FORCING your lips together? Gawd, can't you drink through a straw without wrinkling your lips!?!?! SMH.
    OMG, I had to delete the picture, it was scaring the crap out of me.

NOOOOOOO, that's how I drink....I wrinkle it all. ALLLLL!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that used the word 'hypocrite' and I never poked fun at your photos...
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member

This is actually pretty neat! I'd try it with a bunch of mats below me!
  • Guns_N_Buns

What is that, a bike rack?

No, that's clearly a tanning rack.