30 day unbiased Shakeology review

Options

Replies

• Gigglie_01
    Gigglie_01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Following....

I just heard about Shakeology and now I am intrigued to try them. I am currently struggling with losing weight since I had my last baby. Before I got pregnant I lost about 40 pounds and having a really hard time getting the momentum going again so I am looking for anything that can help me get back and stay on target.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Following....

I just heard about Shakeology and now I am intrigued to try them. I am currently struggling with losing weight since I had my last baby. Before I got pregnant I lost about 40 pounds and having a really hard time getting the momentum going again so I am looking for anything that can help me get back and stay on target.

Shakeology is a waist of money and one of the worse tasting shakes I have every had in my entire life. No matter what I put in, it just did not mask the horrible after taste. Also you do not need shakeology to lose the weight. MFP is the way to get back on track and stay on target. You are on this site to focus on calorie counting, eating in a deficit and to lose weight right??! Give it a try.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

These will help you get back on track. Good luck!
  • dlike64
    dlike64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So let me understand.....you didn't like the taste of Shakeology, therefore it is a waste of money? So I would venture to guess you did not use it for very long. You are right about not needing Shakeology to lose weight. You can do it with controlling what you eat and monitoring with MFP. But, for some of us, getting the proper nutrition is difficult and I can tell you from my personal experience that the combination of using Shakeology, MFP and exercise can be an extremely effective way to go about it for some of us. I can tell you that since October using this method, I have lost weight (64 lbs) and feel ten years younger. I have not been sick at all in this period of time as well, and have seen my family and friends have a similar experience using Shakeology. Including my 77 year old father! I find the chocolate shake absolutely delicious mixed with almond milk, peanut or almond butter and some ice. The strawberry is awesome as well mixed with a banana and almond milk and a bit of ice.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I had a whole post written up but then I realized it doesn't matter....
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    So let me understand.....you didn't like the taste of Shakeology, therefore it is a waste of money? So I would venture to guess you did not use it for very long. You are right about not needing Shakeology to lose weight. You can do it with controlling what you eat and monitoring with MFP. But, for some of us, getting the proper nutrition is difficult and I can tell you from my personal experience that the combination of using Shakeology, MFP and exercise can be an extremely effective way to go about it for some of us. I can tell you that since October using this method, I have lost weight (64 lbs) and feel ten years younger. I have not been sick at all in this period of time as well, and have seen my family and friends have a similar experience using Shakeology. Including my 77 year old father! I find the chocolate shake absolutely delicious mixed with almond milk, peanut or almond butter and some ice. The strawberry is awesome as well mixed with a banana and almond milk and a bit of ice.

Congrats on your success!!

The rest blah blah blah....
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    There's a great scene in The Departed where two of the mobsters are outside a bar discussing how you know if someone's a cop. Basically, if someone is *not* paying attention to you on the street, that person is a cop. This thread is just like that, except with Beach Body coaches.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Ever consider that you haven't gotten sick because you are watching your intake and eating higher quality/more nutrient packed food and exercise? I haven't gotten sick in 4 years and I can't stand shakeology. Exercise improves metabolic functions which can improve your immune system. And eating more fruits/veggies can help.
  • dlike64
    dlike64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ^ oh good. I was waiting for someone to say that it prevents disease. Luckily it never takes a salesperson long to make exaggerated claims.

You have no scruples.

Just to be clear I would never say nor do I think that Shakeology prevents disease. I have posted on this topic a number of times on this thread about my experience using this product. My experience with it has been fantastic! It is true that I have not been sick (cold,flu) during this time frame. I think it's because of the vitamins and nutrients that I am now receiving from the shake (which I was not getting before) as well as the weight loss and the exercise. I have stated in my previous posts that this product is not a magic potion. The results I have gotten did not come from Shakeology alone. But it did help me achieve these results!

As far as your comment about scruples. You are entitled to your opinion. I am just giving my opinion based on my experience and the experience of others that I personally know that have actually used Shakeology. I know I am no longer unbiased when it comes to this subject. My opinion about it was changed because I have used Shakeology daily since October 2013 and have not felt this good in years!
  • xrmsmithx
    xrmsmithx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ^ oh good. I was waiting for someone to say that it prevents disease. Luckily it never takes a salesperson long to make exaggerated claims.

You have no scruples.

Just to be clear I would never say nor do I think that Shakeology prevents disease. I have posted on this topic a number of times on this thread about my experience using this product. My experience with it has been fantastic! It is true that I have not been sick (cold,flu) during this time frame. I think it's because of the vitamins and nutrients that I am now receiving from the shake (which I was not getting before) as well as the weight loss and the exercise. I have stated in my previous posts that this product is not a magic potion. The results I have gotten did not come from Shakeology alone. But it did help me achieve these results!

As far as your comment about scruples. You are entitled to your opinion. I am just giving my opinion based on my experience and the experience of others that I personally know that have actually used Shakeology. I know I am no longer unbiased when it comes to this subject. My opinion about it was changed because I have used Shakeology daily since October 2013 and have not felt this good in years!

I'll second this..I've been using Shakeology for a year now and while I don't think it's a magic potion to make you skinny, I will say that most noticeably my digestion and immune system have improved because I'm getting the nutrition I wasn't before. Obviously it's not for everyone and if I didn't have a decent paying job I wouldn't pay for it either but it's way better for me than the pop tart (or nothing) that I used to eat every morning and getting all the nutrition is what's important to me. And I like the taste! (not vanilla though, still experimenting with recipes on that one)
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Personally, I was put in the hospital for uncontrollable stomach spasms when I drank the vegan Shakeology shakes. It was pretty scary. I'm not sure why I tried them, other than my friend being a coach, because I LOVE Arbonne's vegan shakes. NO texture problem with them and they're actually good with water if you are out of your preferred milk, etc.
  • leastroud
    leastroud Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations! I too am a fan and am not affiliated with Beachbody in any way. Just wanted to tell you that you might want to look into PB2 (powdered peanuts - basically peanut butter with most of the fat removed) as an alternative to peanut butter. I use it with vanilla and a banana and it's quite tasty!
  • dbarcelona
    Options
    I was given a bag of shakology by a friend who for health reasons couldnt drink it any longer. Like so many of you, i gagged. I have been using protein shakes as a breakfast for YEARS..... My favorite is Vanilla VEEMA. It too has a lot of the health benefits and the price per bag is $50. Too me, $50 is a high price but I buy several months at a time to combat the cost of shipping. I blend it with ice, water, a tsp of creamer and some instant coffee for a breakfoost boost wake up. Its delicious and only 110 calories. IM going to give this Shakology a try becuase it was given to me free, but can i just say for the price they charge it should taste like hot apple pie with vanilla bean icecream topping!! I dont know that i can become a shakology consumer, not when it feels as if they are taking advantage of their customers. So i have have said my peace, and now i will shut up and give this shakology a 30 day trial. Maybe i will change my tune. Let the clock begin..:drinker:
  • ashishsonileo
    ashishsonileo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Job !
  • mschrissie
    Options
    Hi Leah,

I am wondering if you stuck with Shakeology and how it went?
  • mooshmobile
    Options
    this is my unbiased take on the nutritional quality of the shake, for the price that they charge they should be using a much higher quality form of vitamins, they use mostly the cheaper versions, esp B12 (Shakeology uses cyanocobalamin, the cheapest form of it, and has much poorer absorbility then other forms), also for the price and it being touted as a MRP, why they would use whey vs a blend or something like micellar casein(micellar casein and blends happen to cost more) and the anti oxidents and other stuff they threw in there see to be underdosed

I am new to this healthy lifestyle thing and I'm open to suggestions. This is the first shake I've ever tried (other than slimfast about 10 yrs ago :laugh: )
    Do you have recommendations for something better? I like what I have so far but if something works better for others I'm interested...

personally i don't think MRPs are necessary for dieting and whole food meals provide better satiety, but there are plenty of good multi vitamins(Source Naturals Life Force, Controlled Labs Orange Triad, AOR Orthocore as few examples) out there to fill in any micronutrient deficiencies from your diet and every protein powder out there will be cheaper per serving and can be used as an MRP. for the antioxidents there are a few greens formulas on the market that have decent profiles

While I agree with you, half the reason for using something like shakeology is the ease of use. If you had to buy all that stuff and add it to your veggie smoothies daily it would be a lot of work. I believe in a whole foods diet all the way and I don't like processed stuff... but the ease of use really comes in handy for busy lifestyles. Sometimes I only get 6 hours of sleep between two 14 hour work days.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    this is my unbiased take on the nutritional quality of the shake, for the price that they charge they should be using a much higher quality form of vitamins, they use mostly the cheaper versions, esp B12 (Shakeology uses cyanocobalamin, the cheapest form of it, and has much poorer absorbility then other forms), also for the price and it being touted as a MRP, why they would use whey vs a blend or something like micellar casein(micellar casein and blends happen to cost more) and the anti oxidents and other stuff they threw in there see to be underdosed

I am new to this healthy lifestyle thing and I'm open to suggestions. This is the first shake I've ever tried (other than slimfast about 10 yrs ago :laugh: )
    Do you have recommendations for something better? I like what I have so far but if something works better for others I'm interested...

personally i don't think MRPs are necessary for dieting and whole food meals provide better satiety, but there are plenty of good multi vitamins(Source Naturals Life Force, Controlled Labs Orange Triad, AOR Orthocore as few examples) out there to fill in any micronutrient deficiencies from your diet and every protein powder out there will be cheaper per serving and can be used as an MRP. for the antioxidents there are a few greens formulas on the market that have decent profiles

While I agree with you, half the reason for using something like shakeology is the ease of use. If you had to buy all that stuff and add it to your veggie smoothies daily it would be a lot of work. I believe in a whole foods diet all the way and I don't like processed stuff... but the ease of use really comes in handy for busy lifestyles. Sometimes I only get 6 hours of sleep between two 14 hour work days.
    There are much much cheaper options than shakeology. But if you don't like processed foods, then we are you having protein shakes at all? It's completely processed.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Well I ended up getting a blender for work, using 8 oz. of vanilla almond milk, 2 oz. of water, heaping tablespoon of Better'n Peanut Butter and I can say that I now don't have to wince with every sip. I think I'm getting used to the taste too. When I drink this at lunch... I no longer have cravings for snacks and I'm more regular & losing weight already. Yay to Shakeology :)

I always use a blender, shaking it just doesn't cut it for me with anything.
  • gymjury
    Options
    Thanks for your input and I may consider that in the future but as you can see from my starting weight I have a long way to go and for right now I'm going to stick to what's working. And 16 pounds in 30 days feels pretty good to me :)

great job! Stick with it until it stops working for you
  • KLBajdek
    Options
    I love this review! I started using shakeology and loved it and became a coach mainly to get the discount on the shakeology. Would you mind if I showed your review to some of my family? I know it is pricey but I think it is worth every penny too. It really cut back on my sweat cravings which is my downfall big time!! Thanks for sharing your unbiased opinion!!