Cougar or MILF?

Replies

• notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    I think both are disgusting and would prefer not to be reffered to as any one.

If you want to compliment me than open doors for me, pull out my chair, notice my eyes....... I dont like being hooted at or reffered to as sexualized nicknames due to my age and gender.

I just want my BF to think I am pretty, this here isnt for anyone else but him :)

Well....you must have uploaded the wrong profile picture then because your eyes sure arent in there.

guess she's fair game then, hey? she MUST want it, even if she just said she doesn't.
    never trust a woman's words, when your perception seems to indicate the opposite.
    I mean really... even if she says no, if you think she means yes, then she must mean yes.

and hey, if she gets called that, she deserved it... she chose to dress that way.

/sarcasm

Paha this escalated very quickly i am not saying she is asking to be called a milf or a cougar. However i am saying if you want a compliment on your smile or your eyes having the ability to see them would be nice.

Im not talking about rape here mirey calm your fiery *kitten* down, im talking about perception if you do NOT want people to comment on your body in a sexual manor why post a tony bikini picture of you laying down then say "oh dont comment on that!" why not post a picture of your face with your body is that so difficult to understand?

I took it there - not because I'm anal and am actually calling rape... but because the language can be read that way (and the devil's advocate in me told me to do it).

This is a fitness site. I am completely honest when I say one of the first pics I ever posted of me in a bikini was exactly that pose.
    Not because I wanted comments on my bangability, but rather... the gravity sucked my stomach in, my thighs looked pretty good, and I actually felt like I was making progress.

THATs why I posted it.

Some days I post face shots, some days I post ab shots, some days, couple shots... the pic I post does not reflect the comments I want to receive, but rather are a more accurate depiction of how I am feeling, or where my focus is that day. And if you were my friend, I would explain that on my wall.

I am in no way upset, angry, emotional, butthurt, or anything about this topic - I find it is actually causing some very interesting dialog on my wall.

And I apologize for going devil's advocate on your post.

I completely understand where your coming from on that, perhaps i judged a tad too quickly with her, i myself post pictures of the same angles or rather i used too when i first joined way back in the day but it was because i felt good and like you said the gravity pulled my stomach in.

Playing devils advocate is fine, i just felt a little attacked is all i also felt like it was being compared to rape which i am not at all ok with. I do not believe any women no matter how she is dressed is asking for anything and is simply expressing herself im very outspoken so if anyone came to me and called me a name i did not like i would simply state just that "hey that was rude wtf?"

So because i am so direct a bikini picture, coupled with the word on the profile, also in team with her stating "its disgusting" kinda made me feel like she was being a hypocrite my bad it was a personal not well thought out comment.

and again - I sincerely apologize for the attack. I really do.

I admire your outspokenness... I am more likely to take the word internally, process hurt over it, think about it a lot, nurse my wounds, and not say a thing unless it happens often enough to make silence more uncomfortable than speaking up.

I appreciate the apology but truly don't sweat it Mirey, obviously i struck a cord with you because you did speak up to me about it. So i sincerely apologize for offending you, i shall try a tad harder to think before i speak because truly it gets me into trouble more often then i would like to admit ;).

You need an outspoken crazy friend who can snap back at people for you haha we tend to corrupt people so im sure their outspokenness will rub off on you haha.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Apparently, we're all in for a bit of a rape ...
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    PIR3l7H.gif
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    I think both are disgusting and would prefer not to be reffered to as any one.

If you want to compliment me than open doors for me, pull out my chair, notice my eyes....... I dont like being hooted at or reffered to as sexualized nicknames due to my age and gender.

I just want my BF to think I am pretty, this here isnt for anyone else but him :)

Well....you must have uploaded the wrong profile picture then because your eyes sure arent in there.

guess she's fair game then, hey? she MUST want it, even if she just said she doesn't.
    never trust a woman's words, when your perception seems to indicate the opposite.
    I mean really... even if she says no, if you think she means yes, then she must mean yes.

and hey, if she gets called that, she deserved it... she chose to dress that way.

/sarcasm

Paha this escalated very quickly i am not saying she is asking to be called a milf or a cougar. However i am saying if you want a compliment on your smile or your eyes having the ability to see them would be nice.

Im not talking about rape here mirey calm your fiery *kitten* down, im talking about perception if you do NOT want people to comment on your body in a sexual manor why post a tony bikini picture of you laying down then say "oh dont comment on that!" why not post a picture of your face with your body is that so difficult to understand?

I took it there - not because I'm anal and am actually calling rape... but because the language can be read that way (and the devil's advocate in me told me to do it).

This is a fitness site. I am completely honest when I say one of the first pics I ever posted of me in a bikini was exactly that pose.
    Not because I wanted comments on my bangability, but rather... the gravity sucked my stomach in, my thighs looked pretty good, and I actually felt like I was making progress.

THATs why I posted it.

Some days I post face shots, some days I post ab shots, some days, couple shots... the pic I post does not reflect the comments I want to receive, but rather are a more accurate depiction of how I am feeling, or where my focus is that day. And if you were my friend, I would explain that on my wall.

I am in no way upset, angry, emotional, butthurt, or anything about this topic - I find it is actually causing some very interesting dialog on my wall.

And I apologize for going devil's advocate on your post.

I completely understand where your coming from on that, perhaps i judged a tad too quickly with her, i myself post pictures of the same angles or rather i used too when i first joined way back in the day but it was because i felt good and like you said the gravity pulled my stomach in.

Playing devils advocate is fine, i just felt a little attacked is all i also felt like it was being compared to rape which i am not at all ok with. I do not believe any women no matter how she is dressed is asking for anything and is simply expressing herself im very outspoken so if anyone came to me and called me a name i did not like i would simply state just that "hey that was rude wtf?"

So because i am so direct a bikini picture, coupled with the word on the profile, also in team with her stating "its disgusting" kinda made me feel like she was being a hypocrite my bad it was a personal not well thought out comment.

and again - I sincerely apologize for the attack. I really do.

I admire your outspokenness... I am more likely to take the word internally, process hurt over it, think about it a lot, nurse my wounds, and not say a thing unless it happens often enough to make silence more uncomfortable than speaking up.

I appreciate the apology but truly don't sweat it Mirey, obviously i struck a cord with you because you did speak up to me about it. So i sincerely apologize for offending you, i shall try a tad harder to think before i speak because truly it gets me into trouble more often then i would like to admit ;).

You need an outspoken crazy friend who can snap back at people for you haha we tend to corrupt people so im sure their outspokenness will rub off on you haha.
    Two terrific ladies communicating over a disagreement and ending on a respectful note... I like dis. :smile:
    Hug_attack.gif
    You two rock. :flowerforyou:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    cougars are just old women trying to feel young by dating younger men

MILF's are just hot older women!

I wouldn't mind being referred to as a MILF, as long as it wouldn't turn me into a cougar!

Its all in how we act ladies. You can act with class or act like trash!

excuse me...wowsers...

I married my younger man thanks and I didn't date him because I was an "OLD WOMAN" trying to feel young, I dated/married him because he is a very loving caring man...who is more mature than most men my age..and actually had a job.

And I agree it's all in how we act and based on this above action I got a word for you......

I agreee. I don't date younger men because I want to feel young lol. I do because they're hot, and I can.

Get off my lawn young lady!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    If you hook up with a MILF (or any mother, for that matter), doesn't that make you a Mother F*cker?

If that's the case, why is that phrase insulting? I'd personally find it as a compliment.

Heck every single father is technically a "MoFo".

Been quietly reading all this back and forth, but when I got to this, I chuckled out loud. Good point!
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    I guess the way I look at it is, if I heard some 20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF", I'd need bail money and an attorney.

But knowing my daughter, she would probably take care of business herself.

Moral?:

Never call a woman something you wouldn't call you own daughter.

JMHO.

Ah. Ok. I call my wife plenty of things I wouldn't call my daughters. It's a bit different. Does this really need to be explained?

*Clarification*

Never call a woman you do not know something you wouldn't call your daughter.

Is that more palatable?

My thought here was the term "MILF", at least as I have come to understand it, was originally intended to describe a 20 something's myopic view of older women. However, over the years it has become a more accepted practice to widen the scope and target group to any older woman who is hot by any male-aged group.

What you call your wife/girlfriend/SO within the confines of your relationship does not concern me, as that was not who I was referring to in my original post that you responded to. That's why I said, "20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF"."

We can debate ad-nauseam about the *politically correctness* of the term, and it's application/use, but that tree will bear no fruit...

Enjoy your discussion.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    puma
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    OK my head hurt by the time I reached the bottom!!! I forgot my smart mouth comment, and I done!!!

Thank You that is all!!!
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    I think both cougars and milfs are hot as *kitten* haha
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Aren't they the same? MILF implies you want her but might not get her. Cougar implies she wants to be gotten, or get, but maybe not by you.

So is hot broad with big bazookas offensive?
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    I still prefer Hellcat!!!
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    want them both
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    I guess the way I look at it is, if I heard some 20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF", I'd need bail money and an attorney.

Moral?:

JMHO.

Ah. Ok. I call my wife plenty of things I wouldn't call my daughters. It's a bit different. Does this really need to be explained?

*Clarification*

Is that more palatable?

My thought here was the term "MILF", at least as I have come to understand it, was originally intended to describe a 20 something's myopic view of older women. However, over the years it has become a more accepted practice to widen the scope and target group to any older woman who is hot by any male-aged group.

What you call your wife/girlfriend/SO within the confines of your relationship does not concern me, as that was not who I was referring to in my original post that you responded to. That's why I said, "20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF"."

We can debate ad-nauseam about the *politically correctness* of the term, and it's application/use, but that tree will bear no fruit...

Enjoy your discussion.

No worries. I got a chuckle out of that though. I think it's entirely possible that none of us are taking this thread even the slightest bit seriously. Never sure on the Internet though. The rape culture comments, for example, always raise my eyebrows, as I'm sure that treating women that poorly would result in an *kitten* kicking in my culture. Then prison.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I'm not a big fan of cougar because it implies old. I don't want to be called old. Milf just means a hot woman that is a mother.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member

Moral?:

JMHO.

*Clarification*

Is that more palatable?

Enjoy your discussion.

No worries. I got a chuckle out of that though. I think it's entirely possible that none of us are taking this thread even the slightest bit seriously. Never sure on the Internet though. The rape culture comments, for example, always raise my eyebrows, as I'm sure that treating women that poorly would result in an *kitten* kicking in my culture. Then prison.

Werd....
  • gsnobel
    gsnobel Posts: 49 Member
    I agree hurt my head reading all of this but NO means NO
  • FTSTL
    FTSTL Posts: 260 Member
    Can I get back the 6 minutes of my life it took to read these posts?!?!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Hmmm, I didn't read the thread....
  • BinaryPulsar
    Did rape culture come up in this thread? Perhaps I should read it...

I don't even know what this means. It gets thrown around so much.

I'm a survivor (for lack of a way to explain this without getting too personal and sad). I've worked in sexual assault and domestic violence centers.

Rape is serious. And throwing around rape culture sometimes seems to diminish the seriousness of it.

I am in the camp that consensual sex needs to be separate from forced violence. In my own experience consensual sex is empowering and healing from sexual violence. Reclaim sexuality from the people that stole it. I went through it as a very young child. I never got to wait and find sexuality on my own terms and that was a huge loss and very damaging and I carried that with me at every stage of my development (that is a pleasant description).

I'm an adult now. And I have been for decades. My sexuality was stolen from me as a child. I'm not a child anymore. And I'm not letting anyone define my sexuality for me as an adult. No one can enter my bedroom without my consent. And I am enjoying sex as an adult, without intervention. It's a personal choice. My sexuality is not fear based. I face my fears.

Throwing the word rape around casually is upsetting at times.