Cougar or MILF?

Replies

• CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,508 Member
    If you hook up with a MILF (or any mother, for that matter), doesn't that make you a Mother F*cker?

If that's the case, why is that phrase insulting? I'd personally find it as a compliment.

Heck every single father is technically a "MoFo".

Been quietly reading all this back and forth, but when I got to this, I chuckled out loud. Good point!
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    I guess the way I look at it is, if I heard some 20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF", I'd need bail money and an attorney.

But knowing my daughter, she would probably take care of business herself.

Moral?:

Never call a woman something you wouldn't call you own daughter.

JMHO.

Ah. Ok. I call my wife plenty of things I wouldn't call my daughters. It's a bit different. Does this really need to be explained?

*Clarification*

Never call a woman you do not know something you wouldn't call your daughter.

Is that more palatable?

My thought here was the term "MILF", at least as I have come to understand it, was originally intended to describe a 20 something's myopic view of older women. However, over the years it has become a more accepted practice to widen the scope and target group to any older woman who is hot by any male-aged group.

What you call your wife/girlfriend/SO within the confines of your relationship does not concern me, as that was not who I was referring to in my original post that you responded to. That's why I said, "20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF"."

We can debate ad-nauseam about the *politically correctness* of the term, and it's application/use, but that tree will bear no fruit...

Enjoy your discussion.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    puma
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    OK my head hurt by the time I reached the bottom!!! I forgot my smart mouth comment, and I done!!!

Thank You that is all!!!
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    I think both cougars and milfs are hot as *kitten* haha
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Aren't they the same? MILF implies you want her but might not get her. Cougar implies she wants to be gotten, or get, but maybe not by you.

So is hot broad with big bazookas offensive?
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    I still prefer Hellcat!!!
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    want them both
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    I guess the way I look at it is, if I heard some 20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF", I'd need bail money and an attorney.

Moral?:

JMHO.

Ah. Ok. I call my wife plenty of things I wouldn't call my daughters. It's a bit different. Does this really need to be explained?

*Clarification*

Is that more palatable?

My thought here was the term "MILF", at least as I have come to understand it, was originally intended to describe a 20 something's myopic view of older women. However, over the years it has become a more accepted practice to widen the scope and target group to any older woman who is hot by any male-aged group.

What you call your wife/girlfriend/SO within the confines of your relationship does not concern me, as that was not who I was referring to in my original post that you responded to. That's why I said, "20 year-old kid calling my 40-something daughter a "MILF"."

We can debate ad-nauseam about the *politically correctness* of the term, and it's application/use, but that tree will bear no fruit...

Enjoy your discussion.

No worries. I got a chuckle out of that though. I think it's entirely possible that none of us are taking this thread even the slightest bit seriously. Never sure on the Internet though. The rape culture comments, for example, always raise my eyebrows, as I'm sure that treating women that poorly would result in an *kitten* kicking in my culture. Then prison.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I'm not a big fan of cougar because it implies old. I don't want to be called old. Milf just means a hot woman that is a mother.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member

Moral?:

JMHO.

*Clarification*

Is that more palatable?

Enjoy your discussion.

No worries. I got a chuckle out of that though. I think it's entirely possible that none of us are taking this thread even the slightest bit seriously. Never sure on the Internet though. The rape culture comments, for example, always raise my eyebrows, as I'm sure that treating women that poorly would result in an *kitten* kicking in my culture. Then prison.

Werd....
  • gsnobel
    gsnobel Posts: 49 Member
    I agree hurt my head reading all of this but NO means NO
  • FTSTL
    FTSTL Posts: 260 Member
    Can I get back the 6 minutes of my life it took to read these posts?!?!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Hmmm, I didn't read the thread....
  • BinaryPulsar
    Did rape culture come up in this thread? Perhaps I should read it...

I don't even know what this means. It gets thrown around so much.

I'm a survivor (for lack of a way to explain this without getting too personal and sad). I've worked in sexual assault and domestic violence centers.

Rape is serious. And throwing around rape culture sometimes seems to diminish the seriousness of it.

I am in the camp that consensual sex needs to be separate from forced violence. In my own experience consensual sex is empowering and healing from sexual violence. Reclaim sexuality from the people that stole it. I went through it as a very young child. I never got to wait and find sexuality on my own terms and that was a huge loss and very damaging and I carried that with me at every stage of my development (that is a pleasant description).

I'm an adult now. And I have been for decades. My sexuality was stolen from me as a child. I'm not a child anymore. And I'm not letting anyone define my sexuality for me as an adult. No one can enter my bedroom without my consent. And I am enjoying sex as an adult, without intervention. It's a personal choice. My sexuality is not fear based. I face my fears.

Throwing the word rape around casually is upsetting at times.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Binary, I seem to have conflated my daily MILF threads with that comment

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1336250-turning-30-and-am-a-fat-milf-oh-wow-i-need-help?hl=rape+culture&page=11#posts-20529650

You'd waste your time wading through these to find that anyway.

And I have absolutely no idea how to interpret that phrase. It's always hit me as something people say who have nothing better to say. Hence my comment. In the wrong thread.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Binary, I seem to have conflated my daily MILF threads with that comment

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1336250-turning-30-and-am-a-fat-milf-oh-wow-i-need-help?hl=rape+culture&page=11#posts-20529650

You'd waste your time wading through these to find that anyway.

And I have absolutely no idea how to interpret that phrase. It's always hit me as something people say who have nothing better to say. Hence my comment. In the wrong thread.

Ok, Thank you for explaining that.

:flowerforyou:
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    definitely MILF :)
  • I think both are disgusting and would prefer not to be reffered to as any one.

If you want to compliment me than open doors for me, pull out my chair, notice my eyes....... I dont like being hooted at or reffered to as sexualized nicknames due to my age and gender.

I just want my BF to think I am pretty, this here isnt for anyone else but him :)

Agree 100% with all of this...very well said.

Both are pretty derogatory towards women really.

Indeed. MILF more so. When a woman says they're MILF I wonder if they've thought through what the letters stand for.

Indeed. LOL
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I think both are disgusting and would prefer not to be reffered to as any one.

If you want to compliment me than open doors for me, pull out my chair, notice my eyes....... I dont like being hooted at or reffered to as sexualized nicknames due to my age and gender.

I just want my BF to think I am pretty, this here isnt for anyone else but him :)

Agree 100% with all of this...very well said.

Both are pretty derogatory towards women really.

Indeed. MILF more so. When a woman says they're MILF I wonder if they've thought through what the letters stand for.

Indeed. LOL

I'd rather be a "Mother I'd like to *kitten*" than an hot old lady chasing younger men lol.
  • Hardnfast
    Hardnfast Posts: 463
    Mmmmm, hi sexy hot milf :wink:
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    I still prefer Hellcat!!!

This ^
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    I milfed on a cougar once at the zoo, but it was hot out and I ate too many eggs for breakfast... it was not pretty...
  • earlydeath
    earlydeath Posts: 10
    MILF all the way!! Cougar is just desperate

why have mutton when you can have lamb
  • earlydeath
    earlydeath Posts: 10
    MILF offends you but your "nickname" is hooker...
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member

If you're talking about thefithooker - she's talking about her hobby of crochet.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    actually if she is a MILF...wouldnt you want her to be a cougar???
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member

Yeah read my profile, I crochet and I never said MILF offends me, I said I'd rather be called a MILF rather than a cougar, I'd rather be a Mom that someone wanted to *kitten* rather than a old woman who chases after younger guys lol.
  • I think both are disgusting and would prefer not to be reffered to as any one.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1338705-men-only
  • GC527
    GC527 Posts: 272 Member
    I'm sure both have their advantages.