A place you would NEVER go back to

Options

Replies

• fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Dominican Republic. - the whole time we were followed by street kids begging for money.
  • grumpysnail89
    grumpysnail89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This crazy lady had an ad in the paper about a futon and my husband and I had just moved back to my home town, and we didn't have a bed to sleep on and were desperate to not sleep on the floor of our new house. When we got to the place she had indicated, it was a derelict warehouse with dusty nasty furniture and the woman came out unshowered in a mumu. Never will go near that place again.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Texas, Bahamas Breeze, any cruise ship, Wyoming, Subway
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Colorado :mad:
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Saudi Arabia. The most vile place I've ever set foot in. Dirty, dingy, the men are asshats, and WTF is up with all the flies? It looked like one of those late-night commercials for starving children charities in Africa. Flies everywhere.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My old job. Not for a million dollars. :sick:

YES! Me too. I will starve, thank you very much, before I EVER go back to my old job. The most nightmarish 13 months of my entire life.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Mexico. I lived there three different times for a total of 8 years, and I hated every day of it, and my parents for making me do it.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Or a Carnival cruise. Not that it was THAT terrible, it just was in no way good enough to want to do again. Princess or Royal Norwegian next time, for sure.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Or a Carnival cruise. Not that it was THAT terrible, it just was in no way good enough to want to do again. Princess or Royal Norwegian next time, for sure.

(I loved my Carnival cruise and can't wait to go on another one.)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Any country experiencing civil unrest or hyperinflation. Been there, seen that.
    Also, Baltimore.

As a side note, I find it interesting that we've ragged on Texas, the US as a whole, NYC, Arizona, China and Paris but the only ones who whined were the Texans.
    Yeah, that's part of the problem with living in Texas. Everyone here thinks it's the greatest place on earth. Yeah, those are the people that have never left Texas obviously.

I-10 runs both east and west. What's stopping you from leaving, huh??

And there's no whining in Texas, other than the ones who whine about how it sucks. All I'm saying is if you don't like Texas, just GTFO.
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    fast food places
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    this dump of a restaurant everyone kept raving about... local joint called The Lamp Lighter... "you have to have their Sunday brunch --- it is a-MAZING let me tell you". it was decidedly not amazing.

Brian-vomit-gif-1ZSg.gif
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This apartment building that I'm moving out of on Monday. It has such a crazy energy to it, my downstairs neighbor is a pain, parking sucks, and it's way too far from the things I want to be doing.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options

And there's no whining in Texas, other than the ones who whine about how it sucks. All I'm saying is if you don't like Texas, just GTFO.

Yep, typical Texan attitude that makes this state suck even more. "GTFO" is their only response. Where's the eye rolling smiley when you need one?
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    The rocket in Canada
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Any country experiencing civil unrest or hyperinflation. Been there, seen that.
    Also, Baltimore.

As a side note, I find it interesting that we've ragged on Texas, the US as a whole, NYC, Arizona, China and Paris but the only ones who whined were the Texans.
    Yeah, that's part of the problem with living in Texas. Everyone here thinks it's the greatest place on earth. Yeah, those are the people that have never left Texas obviously.

Anger issues
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Once I get my degree, Iowa. Worst and longest winter I have ever had to live through...
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    New York. Keep your taxes, wasteful spending, corrupt and overbearing governments, and crappy weather.
  • Twignasty
    Twignasty Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Call Centers!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    McDonald's. I mean working there. Jesus Christ, it's like a lobotomy without the ice-pick. If I ever apply at a fast food restaurant again, it will be with the calm assurance that I'll be able to spend my first paycheck on enough illegal drugs to drown out the intolerable, inescapable boredom.