Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• sjmoran
    sjmoran Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also looking for new friends and support. I am looking to drop about 50 pounds and am dedicated to using this site to help me understand exactly what I am putting into my body. I want to be healthy and feel great.
  • awkwardbae
    awkwardbae Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    add me ! :)
  • shay1028
    shay1028 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI. I use fitbit also. Add me. :)
  • pookiepotpie
    pookiepotpie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What does "bump" mean on a thread..new here so don't know all the lingo
  • shay1028
    shay1028 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I could use any and all encouragement. I log daily even though I am not very consistent. Add me and we can encourage each other.
  • Kbelicious
    Kbelicious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kay. 35 yrs old, new to the site. Would love some friends who check in daily. I've only just joined but would really like motivation and support to check in every day of July. I'm still working on my profile, it's spare at the moment
  • AmandaMonster
    AmandaMonster Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My name is Amanda.
    I live in SLC, UT.
    I am 26 years old.
    VEGAN <3
    5'1".........20 lbs to lose to make it to my main goal.

Been on here for a while and would love some new friends and support! Feel free to add :)
  • 0mega60
    0mega60 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi MFP friend...I am starting over again after a year...been using site for 7 years and love it....hope to connect with MFP friends and get inspired.

Thank you for reading and have a great holiday.
    MARIO
  • 0mega60
    0mega60 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi MFP friend...I am starting over again after a year...been using site for 7 years and love it....hope to connect with MFP friends and get inspired. Please ADD.

Thank you for reading and have a great holiday.
    MARIO
  • rsacerich
    rsacerich Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to use the site ages ago, but I wanted a fresh start, so I deleted and re-created my profile for my new goals and activities. So, give me an add. I'll be pretty active, updating and blogging, so it should be a great time for everyone.
  • blazingsun14
    blazingsun14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm relatively new (been here 2-3 weeks) and so far I've lost 2 lbs. Baby steps, but I don't have that much weight to lose. However, I want to lose around 20-30 lbs.
    I'm big into weight lifting and running.

I'd love to be friends with all of you! Feel free to add me :)
  • ashlfarr
    ashlfarr Posts: 2
    Options
    My name is Ashley. I am 23, married to an amazing guy, and we have the most precious baby girl. I am trying to get back in shape and to my former self. I started out at 210 lbs, and my goal is to get to around 130! I am needing friends on here to share workout tips, meal ideas, motivation, and whatever else! Feel free to add me! I am trying to update daily on my prgress and workouts.
  • fancypantsdior
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Drea. I'm fresh meat as of today with a goal loss of about 20 lbs. I'm pretty active but I'm discouraged easily with very little knowledge on dieting and admittedly lazy tendencies. I'd like to cut fat and build quite a bit of muscle. I'm a long way off and I need to get my act together. Anyone interested in getting it all together with me would be most welcome =) I could use some encouragement.

So, anyone want to be my friend ? Lol
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I could allow a few of you to be my friends. Add me if you want. ;P
  • MiaW1234
    MiaW1234 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi,
    I gained a ton of weight with my two kids and am finally trying to get back into shape. My daughter is 2 now and I have no more excuses about baby weight. lol.

I'm 5'10" and would like to lose at least 60 pounds to get to a healthy weight. I would love some new friends to help me on this journey.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Ive gained 10lbs in the past 1month, due to a all inclusive holiday and a break up. those 2 are deadly together lol, I'm going abit hardcore Ive got 28 days to lose 16lbs. sounds drastic but I am putting the time in and the diet is super clean. I have a fight and would like to look trim for it lol
  • wildorchid985
    Options
    Add me too, please! I have about 39lbs. to lose, and would love to have some positive and encouraging friends! :)
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    hello, I am Tabatha.. I was referred to this website from a medical team that is dedicated to helping people change their lifestyles and getting people on track to weight loss.. I actually started out a month ago prior to having appointments.. I was 306 lbs and struggled with it... I am working on getting down to 150 lbs... it may seem unrealistic but its my goal.

Not unrealistic at all! You can do it! :)
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm Michelle, 33, 5'6", and almost to my goal weight of 135. Recently had another baby, and I'm breastfeeding, but happily have lost the baby weight plus some. I'm really shy, so it's discouraging to me when I post status updates (not just "completed my diary," but actually saying things), and get no response. I'm looking for friends who will at least comment when I write an actual status, and I will do the same. :)
  • SamManthaRichmond
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name's Sam, I'm from Jersey and I'm currently in my first year at uni in Liverpool. Trying to lose around 40 pounds and get back to a healthy weight -- could really do with some motivation as I'm finding it hard to resist chocolate! I log every day and my diary is open, so feel free to add me :)