Anyone starting Turbo Fire in January?

Options

Replies

• coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Started Week Three this morning with TF 45 EZ. I am totally committed to completing this program as it is scheduled. I lost 4 lbs since my last weigh in. I was pretty pumped and was able to put in a little extra energy into this morning's workout. Going to lift in the gym this afternoon, hit the stairmaster and HIIT 25 in the morning.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Coachreyes!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy Thursday! I really truly don't know how this day got away from me. I woke up at the same time and turned on my agency computer just like normal and then the next thing I knew it was 11:00 am and I hadn't eaten or done a workout and I was sitting there scratching my head trying to figure out how that happened. I threw on my workout clothes and pushed play on the dvd and did my best to Rock Out the Burn Intervals and Ab Burner dvds from the Chalean Extreme program. My shoulders are extra sore from all the shoveling I did Tuesday and Push Circuit 2 from yesterday.

Thank you all for the birthday shout outs. Yesterday was pretty uneventful due to the weather. I have not left my driveway since Saturday because the streets are just too crazy. Today looks a little better but by tomorrow it should be looking really good. I will probably venture out the house tomorrow since today is my Friday. Tomorrow my job has another furlough day so no work for me which means an extra long weekend....YIPPEE....YIPPEE!

My girlfriends and I are goiong to celebrate my birthday by going to this venue called Sips n Strokes. This is a painting gallery where an instructor helps the class paint a picture. The schedule of which pictures will be painted when goes out about a month in advance that way people have an opportunity to choose which painting they want. While being instructed on how to paint your picture you're able to sip on your beverage of choice. My friends and I will be bringing a couple bottles of wine, cheese and crackers and spinach dip/chips in order to get our creative juices flowing. At the conclusion of class each student gets to sign their painting and take it home with them. This should be an interesting experience because I have absolutely no artistic ability.

Coach: Great job w/the 4 lb loss. It's amazing how much more effort you can put into something when you really feel/see it's working. Keep up the intensity.

Be lIght: I totally understand what you mean about core 20 and stretch 40 being slow. It took me a little time to get adjusted but I don't think I'll be doing it anymore since I'm doing the hybrid.
  • asyluma
    asyluma Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my TF and it should be coming around the 17th. So far from what I've read from other posters, it's going to be a good workout but a kick-in-the-rear too. I haven't been on MFP for a while so I'm hoping this new workout routine will help keep me motivated. Any suggestions from anyone on how to best prepare for the TF?
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Did Fire 45, HIIT 20 and 10 stretch , i am finally seeing results :smile:
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Seems I really hurt myself Wednesday (not sure what part of the sculpt program broke me) and can barely walk today, so no workout :( I was sore yesterday but figured it would be okay by today, it's worse today. Hopefully my legs will quit being babies and let me make up for it tomorrow!! Right now the front of my thighs are killing me (and not that good sore from working out, the oh no are my knees going forward or backwards kinda thing) and I am walking like a penguin! It's almost impossible for me to go down steps and sitting, ugh, I'm afraid I may fall into the toilet!

TGIF anyways!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Completed HIIT 25 this morning. What a workout, I was absolutely spent at the end. I love the HIIT workouts. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, but I am going to have to do something. I have been cooped up due to snow and icy conditions and am going a little stir crazy. I'm afraid my eating habits are suffering a little.
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you guys born when you do the HIT work outs?

I'm 5 feet tall. And for the 15 minute one.. I managed to burn 104. my heart rate goes from 145 to 150 range. Doing low impact also. I wonder if I'm doing enough.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Friday! Once again the day has gotten away from me but was able to knock out today's workout before it got too crazy. Today I completed the Push Circuit 3 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program, jumped rope for 25 minutes and then stretched for 15 minutes.

I really am going to have to purchase heavier weights b/c I was able to rock out this entire circuit without really reaching failure. Don't get me wrong I felt each exercise but I could have completed more than 8 reps. I'm glad I'm getting stronger but did not want to have to spend money on additional weights just yet. I probably go lift at least 20 lbs on the upper body exercises and 25 or 30 lbs for the sumo squats and bowling lunches. I don't know if I can purchase both sets just yet but we'll see

Be_Light: Hope those legs feel better soon.

Indigo: I've only done HIIT 15 once but I believed I burned around 120-150 calories.

Coach: It seems a lot of ppl really enjoy the HIIT workouts. Since I'm doing the Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid I've only done HIIT 15 but I really liked the music and the moves. I think I get into more HIIT workouts during month 2. I just ventured out my house today for the first time since the storm hit GA so I do understand about the stir crazy feeling.
  • asyluma
    asyluma Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I got my TF in the mail today and did my first work out!! Totally kicked my butt, but felt great. I wanted to add it into my exercise but wasn't sure how I should log it since there aren't any TF selections from the list. Do I just put it under general aerobics? How do I calculate how many calories I lost?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I got my TF in the mail today and did my first work out!! Totally kicked my butt, but felt great. I wanted to add it into my exercise but wasn't sure how I should log it since there aren't any TF selections from the list. Do I just put it under general aerobics? How do I calculate how many calories I lost?

Most ppl use a HRM but if you don't have one I would search the database to find an exercise that best represents what you completed, aerobics may fit.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! I had to get up and at em early this morning because I had a very early hair appointment. I got up at 5 am and Rocked out the first part of today's workout. I completed the Burn It Off dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I was supposed to also do some ab work but did not have enough time this morning so will complete a little later after my errands have been completed.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Today was a rest day from Turbo Fire but I went to the gym and lifted weights and completed a cardio circuit. I did the stairmaster, treadmill, elliptical and stationary bike for 15 minutes each. It was a good workout and I hope to go see a movie tonight. Hopefully, the snow will melt this weekend so I can get some work done in my yard. Have a great weekend!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just reading about Turbo Fire and saw you are a coach for Beach body. Should we stick to the schedule or is it OK to jump around with the DVDS. I love all TF workouts.
  • shondarss
    Options
    Hello All,

I was so happy when I saw this thread. I am about to end my first week on TF. I have been a Chalene fan for the longest and have all of her other workouts (Turbo Jam, and Chalean Extreme) but, have for sure fallen off the wagon in the last year and a half. I am ready to get my weight under control and have a goal to loose lbs by my 30th b day in August.

I know this program will get me the results I am looking for, so excited to see what Turbo FI re will do, got great results with TJ in the past and now that I have my diet under conrol hope to do even better with TF.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    End of week 2 of INSURBO today...did Fire 45 and Bodybugg said I burned 410 calories. Look at all you of people feeling the fiyah!

Great job folks!
    Sharon
  • coachreyes
    Options
    cdl- Many people get results in different ways. Personally, I feel that these programs were designed with a lot of thought and there is a reason for the structure that is set. I completed Chalean Extreme last Spring and I followed it as it was set. I saw many results including the loss of 30 lbs. I purchased TF and completed the TF Prep Schedule to prepare myself for the complete program. I am in the middle of Week Three and do not feel that I will change my approach. If there are other programs you like, maybe you can incorporate them in the evenings as you feel the need. I do my TF workouts in the morning before school and go to the gym in the afternoon to lift weights and additional cardio if I feel that I need it. I'm a person who needs the structure and the schedule.

I completed HIIT 15 and Tone 30 this morning. What a great workout as I always look forward to the HIIT workouts. Think I'll take it easy this afternoon and watch some football.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday! Hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far. Last night my friends and I headed to Sips n Strokes to celebrate my birthday and I had a BLAST. We bought three bottles of wine (although I only had one 8 oz glass), cheese and crackers and spinach dip/chips. The best part of last night was that I rocked a small tank top and small sweater and a pair of size 4 jeans......Yippee....Yippee. It appears I'm currently fluctuating between a size 4 and 6 jeans depending on style. The jeans I had on last night fit just the way I like them to so I was extremely happy. My current profile pic is the outfit I wore last night. I also got a funky new hairstyle to start this year and birthday off right and to match my new attitude.

I spent 5 1/2 hours in the hair salon yesterday (perm, cut, rinse, curl) and had to drop a friend off at the airport therefore I was unable to complete the second part of yesterday's workout (ab work) so I told myself I would do it today.

I got up super early this morning and rocked out the HIIT 15 dvd from the Turbo Fire program and Ab Ripper X from the P90X program. Once that was complete I got dressed and headed to the store for this week's groceries AND to purchase heavier weights. I am moving up from 15 lbs to 20 lbs. I probably can handle 25 lbs or 30 lbs for leg work but didn't have it in my budget to get 2 sets of weights.

After I finish posting I will participate in the comercial challenge again this week but instead of jumping rope I plan to hula hoop, Walmart didn't have a weighted hula hoop so I'm going to just use the old school one for the time being. I don't expect to get a high calorie burn but just want to stay moving.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Chocolickkyss ~ congratulations on size 4-6!! That rawks, you look amazing!!

Back to working out today, my legs are under my control again lol

I did Fire 45 today, the schedule was Fire 45 EZ but that DVD WON'T PLAY:angry::angry: How do I get BB to replace it?? I was really upset and wonder if I should go through all the DVDs before I contact them in case any of the others are defective?? I paid way too much for this to have dvds that won't play!!

Happy Monday!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Kicked off week 3 of my INSURBO program with Fire 60. Love that workout! Bodybugg said I burned 515 calories. YAY ME!!!!

Enjoy your Monday. Today is a day off for me.
    Sharon