Do you think size affects someone's attractiveness?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• shimmerNsparkle
    Options
    In my opinion men go for confidence and sometimes are attracted to a *****y personality (I dunno why) I was cheated on with a girl with rotten teeth who was not all that attractive(I really didnt care at that point the realationship was pretty much over) just saying men can be hard to de-code.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    @shimmerNsparkle,

Women can be equally as hard to de-code. I prefer a more equal combination of intelligence/personality and attractiveness, in that order. I personally have been trying to analyze women from afar via friendships and acquaintances and such and oddly enough, through my job. I use to work for an apartment complex in East Lansing MI, literally a block from campus, and down a street with numerous bars and restaurants.. My apartments I worked at we PARTY central on weekends. I had a Central Office by the main access doors, and heard NUMEROUS conversations of ladies walking by and talking about how they play games with guys and such.. Have also been told that women go for the bad boys because good guys don't always have courage to speak up and try and initiate conversation because they may be shy or feel unattractive.. I really hate that fact that there is no even ground for the sex's to align on when it comes to relations.. I personally, am not single, but not taken.. I am committed to someone who has been damaged, and I am trying to work with her on it, and really want to be with her. I am done trying to get a beautiful woman's attention when some douche could just step up and say three words, and she's gone..
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    For.me its all about how a person carries themself. A person with great personality and confidence is.what.make.them attractive... not their size or shape.

So everyone be.yourself and confident in yourself!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Sure it does. Not only physical attraction, but, if someone is extremely heavy, their lifestyle comes into question.

Everybody can make the statement that sense of humor (or insert your term here) is very important in a relationship, but, upon first seeing someone, it's all about their physical attraction.

Go ahead ad beat me down and make your politically correct statements, but that's the way it is.

Hey, I'm very confident. I'm smart as hell. I'm funny as a motherfcker. I'm fat, too. No one has hit on me in 20 years.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    For.me its all about how a person carries themself. A person with great personality and confidence is.what.make.them attractive... not their size or shape.

So everyone be.yourself and confident in yourself!

That is how I feel.
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    Beautiful/handsome on the outside is nothing without the same on the inside
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    In my opinion men go for confidence and sometimes are attracted to a *****y personality (I dunno why) I was cheated on with a girl with rotten teeth who was not all that attractive(I really didnt care at that point the realationship was pretty much over) just saying men can be hard to de-code.

Men are hard to de-code?!?!?!?
  • CharlieMurtagh
    CharlieMurtagh Posts: 1,742 Member
    Options
    I think it has alot to do with confidence and how you come across to other people if you "look good you feel good" I strongly believe that however if you are a larger guy or girl then you are also quite self concious and I think people can sense that... ...
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    Options
    I think it has alot to do with confidence and how you come across to other people if you "look good you feel good" I strongly believe that however if you are a larger guy or girl then you are also quite self concious and I think people can sense that... ...

This. So true.

I also think it has to do with the amount of social interaction you had while growing up. Myself I was a bit of a forced recluse because I never had friends, despite wanting them. I was also bullied constantly, and that hurt my self confidence as well.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Of course it does. We're hardwired that way. But for many people, we can find attraction in something other than physical attributes if that initial "spark" isn't there.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    Options
    Of course it does. We're hardwired that way. But for many people, we can find attraction in something other than physical attributes if that initial "spark" isn't there.

I look more for personality. I am not a shallow person, as I have no grounds to be to begin with.

Being shallow makes you an a$$hat.
  • CharlieMurtagh
    CharlieMurtagh Posts: 1,742 Member
    Options

I think initial attraction can be.. something as simple as liking the way someone smiles or the look in their eye when they glance your way it doesn't necessarily always mean a physical attraction to the body etc

I think if there is no spark then it wont matter how good looking the person is if its not there its not there!
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    Options
    I think if there is no spark then it wont matter how good looking the person is if its not there its not there!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    definetely it does affect, yiu can't consider sexi the fat!
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    what size are we talking about though? You have extremely thin, muscular, a little curvy, curvy, then overweight then obese and so on..... size comes in tons of different shapes and sizes. So, it truly all depends on the person and what they find attractive. Some people like heavier set people while others much prefer very petite people. Hence why attractiveness is truly in the eye of the beholder. For me personally, some weight isn't an issue, like Vince Vaughn isn't too heavy for me but Gabriel Iglesias is too heavy for me to be attracted to. But on the flip side, Jay Baruchel is too thin in my opinion. So, really I am just attracted to a happy and healthy medium.
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Okay, personally I don`t think so.

I`m a 23 year old female, and I'm bigger. I'm currently 259 pounds. I`m curvy, big hips, *kitten*, and I have a chest. I don`t think that being `TINY, or MASSIVÈ" effects anything.

I know I'm a bigger lady but honestly does size really matter? You can be beautiful with a bigger or small body!
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    For me sexy is sexy no matter what the size!

This! Exactly this!
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the person. Personally, I don't find obese women attractive. I also don't find extremely skinny women attractive either.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yes