Any c25k newbies?

Options

Replies

• Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started Week 1 Day 1 today. The Texas sun must be about 2000 degrees.
  • Doraboyes
    Doraboyes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday . Tomorrow will be day 2 for me
  • btegranny
    btegranny Posts: 1
    Options
    I start wk 7 tomorrow. So far I have made it through each workout without fail. I don't think I can't jog for 25 minutes which is what's required of me for my 3 workouts this week. The 22 min. was a challenge. That being said, I'm so proud that I've come this far. I'm ok with repeating a week as many times as necessary to be successful all 3 days. Wish me luck!
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I did it a long time ago. I would like to get back into it slowly again. I suppose there are apps for it now? How do you guys do it?
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I did it a long time ago. I would like to get back into it slowly again. I suppose there are apps for it now? How do you guys do it?
    I have been doing it for awhile now but without the program. Today I downloaded c25k for free, I will be starting week 4 day 1 tomorrow if all works out. I highly suggest using to app or program as doing it on your own will leave you way behind the pack. I have been running for a year now and should have been a running machine, but didn't use the program properly so I paid for it. I give it 2 thumbs up! :)
  • katemarin23
    Options
    I heard about this program on this site. Got started three weeks ago (Actually I use two programs). It has been
    very motivating to say the least.
    On my "not running days" i want to track my distance and time and pace and all that so I also use an app called
    runmeter.
    I am thinking of repeating week 3 as I am a bit too tired out when I run more than 2 minute intervals. Also,
    I am having an unexpected/ unfortunate "issue" and have some frequent urges to pee when I run ( It is
    time to see the doctor, I know). Not the same as using the elliptical at the gym! ( I guess I should make a separate post about
    this).

When I feel like I can't run more I look at the pavement and that helps. I actually find that picking a landmark to "make it to" is harder than just keep my eyes on the ground.

Good luck!
  • CarlaMomOf4
    Options
    I heard about this program on this site. Got started three weeks ago (Actually I use two programs). It has been
    very motivating to say the least.
    On my "not running days" i want to track my distance and time and pace and all that so I also use an app called
    runmeter.
    I am thinking of repeating week 3 as I am a bit too tired out when I run more than 2 minute intervals. Also,
    I am having an unexpected/ unfortunate "issue" and have some frequent urges to pee when I run ( It is
    time to see the doctor, I know). Not the same as using the elliptical at the gym! ( I guess I should make a separate post about
    this).

When I feel like I can't run more I look at the pavement and that helps. I actually find that picking a landmark to "make it to" is harder than just keep my eyes on the ground.

Good luck!

I had this same issue a week ago while trying to play soccer with the kids. I actually went and changed my liner and it happened again. After 6 pregnancies and birthing 4 kids, I think my bladder is shot to hell. Never leaked like that before in my life. NOT a happy feeling :S I'm a pavement watcher also LOL
  • CarlaMomOf4
    Options
    :)
  • loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Week One Day Two DONE!

Goal for day three - increase my speed a teeeny tiny bit :happy:

Good luck everyone!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow morning is W4D2 for me and I'm a little apprehensive. W4D1 was the workout that finally got me as I couldn't quite complete the last five minute jogging segment without walking. Tomorrow I'm going to slow my pace in the first intervals and see if that helps. If not...I don't mind repeating a week if it comes to that.

I use the C25K app from Active and I like it. I wanted to use the Zen Labs app since it partners with mfp but I have not been able to figure out how to create a playlist for it...so if I wanted to listen to music while running, it does access my "sounds", which includes all ringtones and various notifications. Not really what I wanted, so I'm sticking with the Active app.
  • fitmiks2015
    fitmiks2015 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2 tomorrow. I am not in very good shape and I'm running with a bum knee so I run at a snail's pace. Hoping to pick up pace as I progress. Though I must admit the longer runs in the coming weeks seem quite intimidating.
    I use the C25K app from Active and I like it. I wanted to use the Zen Labs app since it partners with mfp but I have not been able to figure out how to create a playlist for it...so if I wanted to listen to music while running, it does access my "sounds", which includes all ringtones and various notifications. Not really what I wanted, so I'm sticking with the Active app.

I am using the Zen Labs C25K free app, and haven't had any issues playing my playlists from the app. When I tap the music icon, it lists all the music on my phone but there are two buttons right up top, sounds and playlists. The playlist button brings up all the playlists on my phone. I am using the Android version of the app, if that helps.
  • valb1983
    valb1983 Posts: 18
    Options

I'm using the zen labs app and is working great so far, I also paid 69 p for zen labs run buddy so I can get an idea on my pacing etc x
  • valb1983
    valb1983 Posts: 18
    Options
    So inspiring seeing all you guys post, thank you all for sharing and please keep us updated will be great to read other people progress :-). I done wk 1 dy 2 yesterday and pushed myself a little harder, surprisingly I recovered quicker and ache less today than I was expecting and oh boy what a great feeling.
    I must admit the later weeks look very daunting, but I will stay positive and keep trying until I get there.

Feel free to add me as a friend, the more the merrier :) keep going guys you're all doing fantastic and it's giving me great motivation thank you all xx
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    congratulations everyone on getting started, i finished week 7 last night, i still can't believe i ran 25 minuets without stopping only about 9 weeks after i couldn't run for 1 minute

good luck everyone, make sure you stick at it and most trust the program, there have been a few times where i though there's no way i can run for that long and thought about repeating but went ahead and managed it anyway

but on the other hand, if you don't manage 1 of the days, don't worry about it, just dust yourself off and try it again on your next running day, i had a couple of times i didn't manage to run the full time it said, but the next time i tried it everything was fine
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Options
    Hay its taken me two weeks to finish week one lol but I did it. I have also just seen that the area ive just moved to have a group of c25k runners that im thinking of joining. :)
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I will be on week 2 starting Monday. I did week 1 for two weeks.
  • shellonthebeach
    shellonthebeach Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Who hooo! Just finished W1D2. I'm proud of myself achy muscles and all. Can't wait to finish this week.
  • stephmorinn
    stephmorinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 day 1-- at 10:30pm. I really wanted to skip my run last night but I went out and did it anyway and felt so, so good after.

Around minute 16/17 I start to hurt and want to stop, but after 20 minutes I could really keep going.
  • CarlaMomOf4
    Options
    I just finished week 2 day 1-- at 10:30pm. I really wanted to skip my run last night but I went out and did it anyway and felt so, so good after.

Around minute 16/17 I start to hurt and want to stop, but after 20 minutes I could really keep going.

That is terrific! Good for you for not skipping it! It was probably much cooler at 10:30 then earlier in the day. I didn't run last night but I went for a 6k bike ride over hilly terrain with my oldest son and we got caught in a terrible rain storm LOL I was a drowned rat by the time we arrived at my Mother In-Laws. Hoping to get my run in tonight though!! :smile:
  • pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    starting today!