SWa Walking group - January Walk

Options

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Marie, The walk across america site is sooooo slow, but it has added 2.5 miles to my total? It should be the same as my SWAT ticker and I have never put in a half mile?? You'll get the chance to pass me today, I"m slacking. When I look at that site my marker is black too. It must make everyone black when they are on the site and the other walkers different colors.

Sorry I have no advice for your home business, but it sounds like fun.

I finally got in to work today but we have to use our vacation time for the days we couldn't go! :sad: That wasn't really how I wanted to spend my time but at least I get more in a few months.

Keep on walking everybody!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Help! How do I change my progress on my exercise ticker?:sad:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Help! How do I change my progress on my exercise ticker?:sad:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

jrbanta: To up date your exercise ticker go back to the Ticker Factory Site. You will have to log in with the pin you created then you can add the miles you have completed. Then it's copy and paste into your signature on the MFP site.

Hope this helps.

Cindy
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I want to join u guys the truth is since i got pregnant (7th month) i'm always soo tired! but i have to do something other than sleep and household chores! my weights catching up with me again once i was off of 200lbs (was on 240lbs) i swore i would never let it get that bad again, and now i discovered i'm on 199lbs! when i had made it down to 175! Lord all mighty help us all! LOL i just need something to get back on track ASAP.
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I want to join u guys the truth is since i got pregnant (7th month) i'm always soo tired! but i have to do something other than sleep and household chores! my weights catching up with me again once i was off of 200lbs (was on 240lbs) i swore i would never let it get that bad again, and now i discovered i'm on 199lbs! when i had made it down to 175! Lord all mighty help us all! LOL i just need something to get back on track ASAP.

Good Morning - yuna2003!
    "WELCOME" to our group!:flowerforyou:

You will definately get support here! Just jump on in and start walking. Any type will do.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, but was wondering how you came up with your goals? Since I am stating mid month I wonder how much I can make my goal.
  • MCS64
    Options
    I would like to join, but was wondering how you came up with your goals? Since I am stating mid month I wonder how much I can make my goal.

Think about how much you would like to exercise. Start out kind of low this month. Maybe 10 miles per week. You can always change it. The goal is just your personal goal for yourself. We don't always all meet it at the end of the month.

Happy to have you with us!:flowerforyou:
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Well got 3 miles in today.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    thanks...I figured this might help me keep up with workout...been slacking latey.

Jules
  • MCS64
    Options
    Got my energy back today! Just did my Walk Slim Fast & Firm 4 miles. Then did alittle strength training for 20 min. Feels good!!!

Keep walkin' everyone!!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Quick question--I want to buy a new walking video (a download from Amazon.com as I have some credits there so it would be a freebie). I am looking at both the Biggest Loser Power Walk and at Jane Fonda's Primetime Walkout.

Any opinions on these? (I'm pretty sure one of you has the Biggest Loser one but I can't remember who!)

Thanks!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Did 60 minutes walking today at a slower pace, with upper body weight workout added in. Slipped on the ice last night and overextended my right knee. It feels better now that I have loosened it up. I will be off tomorrow as it is my long day at work.
    Calling this three miles.

I do not know anything about the biggest loser walk. My sister got the Jane Fonda workout and thought it was too easy.
    And that's all I know about that!

Nite all, Alice

20.5/46.5
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi There EveryOne!!! Nice to Meet you JULES Welcome!!!

PMJSMOM --- I have the biggest looser Power walk / IT is very intensive, Much harder then Leslie Sansone But doable. I only made it to the 3rd work-out the first time, then only 2 work-outs the second & third :tongue: . I'm now taking my walk some place else. BUT THAT is a very Good work-out. It also works with weights.

I just finished 6.2 miles today : 1.5 on the Treadmill Then came home from work and walked my neighborhood 4.7 miles.
    I'm beat, Ready for sleep and it's not even 8 PM yet.
    So NIGHT NIGHT ALL! :yawn:

GREAT WALKING EVERYBODY!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Thanks I'll try that! Not a techie at all but hope I figure it out...
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    34/1.5miles, off to work
  • healthyfor2011
    Options
    Morning all ~ I lost my way in the latter part of 2010 but I'm back now! I'm so happy to have found this group again ;D Now I'm off to find a cute ticker to track my walking until May 1st when we head off to Mexico!!
  • sandara
    Options
    Great post if anyone missed it! :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Welcome back Healthy! Glad you found us again!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Thanks Alice and Teresa.
    I am going to get the Biggest Loser one. I want a challenge and I thought that the Jane Fonda one looked too easy but I could only see a short clip of each so it was hard to tell! I'll let you know how I like it!

I didn't get much walking in yesterday so I plan on making up for it this weekend.

I also need to update my ticker and my miles at Walk Across America. I will try to get that done later today.

Gray and rainy here today but not very cold. If the wind doesn't pick up I may get outside for a walk (the wind here can be FIERCE!)
  • sandara
    Options
    Welcome to the group Yuna and Jules!

I have no energy today. I need to get busy and go grocery shopping. Our pantry is kind of empty after being snowed in all those days. Then I need to come home and get in a nice long walk.

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday and I'm trying to decide what to cook that won't just kill my diet. He loves country fried steak and I haven't cooked it in almost a year. Maybe I'll make him some and just bake mine in the oven. I can live without the fried stuff but he's been so great going along with the new food rules around here.

Have a great weekend everyone.