200+ Recommitting for the New Year!

Options

Replies

• anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Lacey: Thanks for the post. I added more calories today to try and balance out the exercise. We'll see how it goes.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    A friend on another thread is getting the mediafit (similar to BoddyBugg). If it works, then I may get one. I think that's the most accurate way to know your calorie burn.

Amy - I'd eat more if I were you. I've found I don't lose when doing high cal exercise burns.

Sorry I don't have time to post more :( like an idiot I picked up 2 more clients - somethings gotta give and it can't be cooking or exercise. I'll post more/respond more when I can.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Are there many differences between the bodymedia fit and the bodybugg? I know that both of them you have to have an online subscription to use them properly, but other than that I don't know much.
    I do know that some websites and places offer a years free subscription for the bodymedia one..Costco I think for suer. Maybe its a deal when you buy it anywhere?
    They are cool though!

And dang Victoria!!! That IS a lot of work you do!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    *crickets chirping*

Hello? (hello? hello? hello? ello? ello?)

anyone here? (here? here? here? ere? ere?)

where did everyone go? (go? go? go? go? go?)

hehehehehe

I'm still up to 218.4 today. I've been going over on cals for dinner the past 2 nights. I did CardioX last night. I love that video, but I still don't burn as much doing that as doing an hour on the elliptical. I still had energy left over when I was done, so I put on Wii Fit and did another 30 minutes of exercise. My total cal burned was between 700-800.

We were told yesterday at work that we will be getting laptops so I won't have to miss work for inclement weather anymore. I still have to work in the office on regular days, so its not like they are supplying me with a home office. I joked with my manager that I would be calling in due to "inclement weather" because it was too sunny to come to work.

I have to work Saturday to make up for time I missed Monday and Tuesday. I'm glad I have Monday off so it doesn't ruin the whole weekend. Taylor is going backpacking (he can't decide if he's going for a day trip or an overnight trip though) so its not ruining our time together.

Tonight is YogaX. I'm not sore from last night's workout so I'm looking forward to it.

man that was some randomness.....sorry for jumping topics so much lol
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! Yes, I am alive I swear. Ever have one of those weeks when it's super busy and the day just flies by and you come home exhausted, but it seems to be the slowest week ever? That would be this week for me. Was so busy at work yesterday, didn't get to log in at all, other than to quickly log my foods last night. I had thai for lunch and a butterfinger. Let's not talk about it.

But, today's a new day. I'm where I am weight-wise this morning where I was last week, so no gains, and TOM is over, so there's no excuse for me not to bust my butt the next few days. Brought my gym clothes to work with me today. I might work from home this afternoon as I have to run an errand mid-day across town, and i really don't want to have to come back up to north campus. After I run my errands, I think I'll hit the gym for a good cardio burn. I totally need it.

Oh, I got my new Kindle in the mail yesterday. Total splurge for myself. It's pretty. And I look forward to reading on it in the gym. Already loaded it up with lots of goodies.

Amy- don't worry about going up a pound. See where you are a day or two from now. As for your calorie intake, I think that's probably on point, but if you're burning tons and tons of calories, you should be eating a good chunk of your exercise calories and shouldn't be netting below 1200/day. I weigh myself every day as well. And I know there are ups and downs in weight... as long as it isn't a trend, it's fine. I find it helpful because if I only weigh once/week and it happens to be after a day of working out really hard or eating something uber salty, it's going to reflect something higher than what I probably am. You've been doing great, you cardio superstar!!

I was expecting to miss a lot on the thread after being out of it for a day, but it seems like I wasn't the only one. Let's step it up gals! Weigh ins start tomorrow morning through Monday morning. Start posting those weights and I'll plug them into my chart.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Hiya ladies. I'm not dead, I swear. I've just been doing laundry and getting my junk together to pack for the trip. I've also been cleaning the house as I love coming home from a trip to a clean house (I know it's weird but it's how I am - I ALWAYS clean up the joint before I go somewhere). We also walked the dog this morning and I did KenpoX to finish up week 2 of P90X. I am feeling stronger this week than last and I can do more of the ab ripper exercises without debilitating pain for 3 days afterward. Some day...I WILL be able to do a pull up! (Back in my military days, I was only ever able to do 3 and I weighed a LOT less that I do now!)

Kristina: Mmmmm thai food. Travis mentioned an embassy position in Bangkok and all I could think was, "I'll gain a zillion pounds from the food!" Yay! for the Kindle. I LOVE mine and am currently reading 2 books on it. Thanks for the pep talk, it's so nice to be able to float a question out to you ladies and have helpful and supportive input. I ask similar questions of Travis and get, "I don't know." Not very helpful.

Kendal: YogaX is awesome. Hard. But awesome. Enjoy.

Victoria: Don't work too hard.

Lacey: HI! (I didn't have a comment for the bodybugg or the other thing but I didn't want to leave you out). Actually, my sister in law has a bodybugg and she loves it. I have no opinion on it.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    HEY MIRNA!! What's up? Tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? Family? Kids? Pets? What kind of fitness goal do you have?

Sarah, Karen and Christina- whats up? Where are you ladies? Doing ok with staying in line with cals and exercise? struggling? busy? tell us all about it. :smile:

Amber- great job staying under cals without exercising!! That takes some dedication!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Hiya everyone! Yeay for it being Thursday!

I went to the boot camp class last night. It was pretty awesome and I was sore an hour after it...and woke up from being sore and today and swollen and a comfortable sore in places I am not normally sore. How many times can you use the word "sore" in a sentence? lol. Anyways, the two dudes who ran the class were the nicest most informative people I've ever met in either a gym or a class. They took the time to talk to us beforehand to tell us how the class would go and after to explain how it works and what to expect going forward. Ive has a billion gym memberships and these two guys were the first in my experience that actually paid me more than 5 minutes of attention. It was really nice.
    There are 6 classes a day but unfortunately for me they are all hard to make which sucks.
    So my plan right now is to incorporate many of the exercises I did last night into my weights training and get away from the precor stationary stations and keep going as is. And if by summer I stop losing weight, plateau, need a boost, etc. and I have really stuck with what I am doing, then I will jump ship at my current and gym and go over there.

I've learned that this whole thing has to be about me and I stopped long ago counting on my friends, coworkers etc. to take part and stick to it,....but two girls from work went with me last night and it was fun. They are going to try my gym out with me this week and see how they like it. So even if we don't do it together at least once a week we are figuring we can all meet up and work out together which is nice.

Okay...gotta get to it. I will reply to everyone tonight hopefully!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Hi. I'm here! I've just been really busy with work and worn out by the time I get home. I'm doing good though. I'm off tomorrow, so I will do my friday morning weigh in and write more then!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Lacey- I'm in the same boat about working out with a friend. I like having someone there with me, but it can mess up your motivation in so many ways. Like talking while doing cardio slows me down....I don't work as hard and don't focus on my workout so I burn less. Or if she's supposed to meet me at a certain time and she's late, then it cuts into the workout time or causes us to be there later (sometimes I'm guilty of that though). Or if she comes and is completely BLAH about the whole thing, it drags me down. Or if she finally just gives up going to the gym at all....I can't let that stop me from going. Its can be a tough situation if you and your workour buddy aren't on the same wave length.....
  • Okclbates
    Options
    What's up ya'll!!!

Sorry I haven't been online. Monday it took me 2 hours to make it into the office because of the weather and I actually left early as well to beat the sunset so I could see the roads. We had enough snow and ice that I tried to work from home Tuesday. Wednesday I was back in the office and had meetings and catchup all day. Blech! Last night, I got home and our pipes are frozen. We have NO WATER! It's just been a crazy week. Despite everything, I weighed this morning and was down 1 lb so I am happy.

I'm so ready for spring! I'm sick of the cold!!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Just a quick check-in.. I got my run in this morning and am slowly increasing my speed. Mom will be here soon for a workout then it's writing up notes/evals... Thank goodness the weekend is close. Lacey has inspired me to get to the beauty shop for cut and color... And 1 client to see Saturday. I just couldn't squeeze them all into the week (*sighs*)... Got interrupted and now it's time for bed. Catch you sometime this weekend...

Amy - have a great trip and start week 3 when you get back... I started American Gods and am 1/3 through it. It's on hold as Brad Meltzer came out with a new book and I love his work....

Kendal - Cardio X is great but Kepno X is my fav. Good luck with Yoga - it's not my favorite. I may try it again splitting it up into 2 days at 45 min each... 90 min sucks. I love your summer inclement weather comment!!!

Kristina - I feel you on the work week. Yeah, it is great that we haven't lost as much as we thought with the running. I'm scheduled for 4 miles this weekend.

Chirstina (((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))) It sounds like you've had a horrid week... I'm ready for spring too!!!!

Lacey - I think working out with friends keeps me more accountable. There are days that I would skip the 2nd workout if mom wasn't coming over. I biked with a friend 3 mornings a week all summer and it made the time fly by.

Karen - I hear you on being busy. Just make sure to keep exercising and eating better high priorities even if the computer time has to go...
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hey super pals! i too am still alive. i havent been on much because of school. macroeconomics is kickin my butt and it is only the first week!!! so needless to say between school and work and homework and more migraines (i wish those would stay away) i have not been to the gym at all this week. i have stayed under my cals all week almost though. i am not expecting a loss this week but we will see on monday. well its lateand i need to get to bed! night girls. keep up the good work.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Morning Super Pals! Just a quick check in and I'm off to Rome!!! I weighed in at 215.6 today (exactly the same as last week). I'm hoping my body is just adjusting to the loss from last week and will get back in gear. Either way, it's too early to get depressed about it. Have a great weekend.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I've been hungry like WHOA lately. I've increased my protein at breakfast (now getting about 24g and I eat within 1-1.5 hour of waking up) and I'm drinking three 32oz cups of water (ok, decaffeinated tea) before I leave work every day but I'm still HUNGRY. I'm also back up to 218.6 today (boooo :grumble:) but I feel like my clothes are looser. I took my measurements on Sunday so its too early to measure again. I will see if my weight is any better tomorrow (or Sunday) for my official weigh in.

I was only able to do the first 30 minutes of YogaX last night....definitely not my favorite. I was sweating, but I was bored.....and I lose my balance when they want you to bend over sideways and look up (like if you are bent over your front leg, your left arm is on the floor, your right arm is in the air and you are supposed to look up at the ceiling.....I just can't do it). Plus having to look up at the tv to see what the position is messes up the pose I'm supposed to be in lol

And I'm with you Victoria...even though I haven't done it yet, I can tell Kenpo will be my favorite just from the small section of it that we did in the CardioX workout. I think thats scheduled for Saturday.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Hey everyone! I weighed in this morning and lost 2 pounds! I am at 261.1. I've been hanging out in the 260's since April, so it's time to break through and not come back!

I'm not feeling too good today. It's the usual stuffy nose, head, and throat.

So far for exercise I've just been playing on the Wii mostly. I'm not sure if it really burns as many calories as this site says. I doubt it, but I usually try to keep my whole body moving while I do it. I am going to start doing some exercise DVD's too. We cancelled our gym membership in December to save money. I miss going to water aerobics!

Tomorrow is my step daughter's birthday, and my husband ordered a Barbie Cake from the bakery. Oh no.... sweets are my weakness! I'm just going to have to limit myself to a small piece, or exercise really really hard!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Week in review thus far: 266 minutes of exercise, 2397 cals burned...so by the end of tonight I will have exceeded my 300 minutes per week and either matched or exceeded the 2744 cal burn from last week. With the exception of my day off on Monday and having the splurge meal that day, I've been in cal range all week. It is day 67 for me. I weighed myself this morning out fo curiosity to find that I still weigh 208.6 :grumble: so I am hoping that by doing lighter exercises on Saturday and Sunday I will drop down at least a pound. My sodium has been higher than normal this week and I am sore as all hell from that bootcamp class still so I know I'm retaining water...plus tom should appear any time now. So yeah. I will be upset Monday morning if I am not down, but will understand at the same time.
    Tuesday I am going to do the bootcamp class again and looking forward to it. Tonight I am going to incorporate about four of the exercises I did in the class into my gym routine..looking forward to the russian twists, sumo squats and the lumberjack lifts!!

Karen - exercise is exercise, even the wii will work, and as long as you are losing weight I wouldn't worry about the accuracy of the calorie count for exercises on MFP...its when you plateau that you have to do something different. Don't fix what isn't broke right now! I hope you feel better and stay away from that cake!!

Kendal - I've been craving foods I don't normally crave this week and its driving me nuts. Being hungry for no apparent reason and craving foods blows.

Amy - I see you're on your way to Rome!! Have fun!

Amber - good job on staying within cal range!!! And remember that most schools offer free tutoring/help if you are having a hard time with a calss. God knows I was in the tutor lab for math hours each week when I was in college. YOu can do it!!

Victoria - YEAY for cut and color! My husband hates that I spend the money on it, and I try to schedule my hair appts to be right before a work trip so its more justifiable, but I do love the outcome. And the blond hides the greys much more than the dark colors I normally go for too!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Quick check-in as I eat lunch - weighed in at 188 :( up .75 pounds that left last week.

have fun Amy!!! Great job on the lose Karen!!! TGIF!!!

I catch up tommorrow.
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I forget what day we are weighing in LOL
    so im back at 190 again.. that stinks i think i gained 4lbs but im not gonna let it get me down......

i cant remember who said it .. about "doing it for me , not counting on co workers or friends" I totally agree... I started working out with a couple different friends and slowly they started not going, mostly it was the cost for them to pay for classes.. but i have kept on.. why.. because i want it... i want to get healthy and tone im here for Me and if my friends want to join me fantastic.:happy:

Amy have a fantastic trip in Rome!!!!

Lacy im going to be doing a boot camp thing tonight too .. its a fun workout.. hopefully im well enough to get through it :wink:

Karen hope the party is a great time try not to have the cake... :flowerforyou: find a better option to celebrate

ill check back in in a bit .. have a fantastic wkend
  • _Sarah_
    _Sarah_ Posts: 63
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm alive and ready to get back on track. This week was pretty yucky. Weather was gross (not snow but not rain, ewwww!) and add in the fact that TOM hit me pretty hard and my motivation went out the door. I did a lot of couch time and girl movies. On a good note I stayed within my calories most of the week, but the down side is that I didn't get in all my water or exercise since Monday. I got my but moving today and I hope that the scale looks better tomorrow.