Birthday Alternative for Cake and Ice Cream

Options

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I was sent a fruit basket (ediable arrangements) for my birthday with fresh fruit and three chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday this year...it was satisfying and still a nice celebration of the day.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Have you thought about cool whip on a Hawaiian roll?

eta: dang! someone beat me to it :mad:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I have an idea of something you could eat.

tumblr_ltbsd9VYG11qikw9ko1_250.gif
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just eat the cake & ice cream. Dont deprive yourself :)...now I want cake and ice cream!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    buy a smaller cake, and skip the ice cream, if it's that big a deal. This isn't rocket surgery. You're going to ruin birthday celebrations for the rest of your life?

Rocket surgery.

snooki-laugh.gif
  • _sherbear_
    _sherbear_ Posts: 18
    Options
    I would substitute cake and ice cream with cake and ice cream. Six times a year for cake and ice cream should not slow down anything. Save 500 calories for each event, enjoy yourself and celebrate the birthday with no regret.

^Definetely this!
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try this!! the cake uses Zucchini instead of butter and the icing is made using Avocado!

http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2013/09/chocolate-zucchini-cupcakes-with-avocado-frosting.html

giphy.gif
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Combine the two and get an ice cream cake. We got a Reeses blizzard cake from Dairy Queen - a very large slice is about 500 cals, but you could cut smaller slices to save calories.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    diet soda cake, and frozen yogurt or sherbet.

Is that like a coke cake, just with diet? Interesting! (Coke cake is so awesome)

Yes, it is any box of cake mix with any type of diet soda (about 12 ounces), and 2 egg whites. The egg whites are key, it doesn't rise very much without it. The general rule is brown soda with dark cake mixes, like chocolate or red velvet, and clear soda with lighter cake mixes, like white or yellow. PS you don't taste the soda, or I can't anyways, my husband says he can taste the soda but that it still taste good regardless. lol My most recent creation was a yellow cake mix with diet ginger ale, and I made a sugar free frosting for it using Stevia instead of sugar.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Why celebrate with bad food at all? It's just perpetuating negative attachments to food... I know society has celebrated with food for thousands of years, but when society starts having all the health issues it has today it's time to break that attachment. I mean people should be able to have alcohol every now and then right? Just not alcoholics (a.k.a. people who have a hard time controlling what they drink). So why do we view an alcoholics attachment to alcohol so much differently than unhealthy people's attachment to unhealthy food?

Don't get me wrong I've got nothing against a healthy person eating a piece of cake and ice cream, but if a family has multiple members who shouldn't be partaking in indulgence then just leave it out. Would you celebrate with booze in a family that has several members who are alcoholics? Substitution is like replacing the whiskey with wine because it's a bit healthier and not drunk Bob's favorite.

Cake and booze. I approve, and it ain't even my birthday.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So how do the kids feel about not getting cake or ice cream for their birthdays? Will they not be allowed cake or ice cream when they go to other kids' birthday parties either?
  • srslybritt
    Options
    Why celebrate with bad food at all? It's just perpetuating negative attachments to food... I know society has celebrated with food for thousands of years, but when society starts having all the health issues it has today it's time to break that attachment. I mean people should be able to have alcohol every now and then right? Just not alcoholics (a.k.a. people who have a hard time controlling what they drink). So why do we view an alcoholics attachment to alcohol so much differently than unhealthy people's attachment to unhealthy food?

Don't get me wrong I've got nothing against a healthy person eating a piece of cake and ice cream, but if a family has multiple members who shouldn't be partaking in indulgence then just leave it out. Would you celebrate with booze in a family that has several members who are alcoholics? Substitution is like replacing the whiskey with wine because it's a bit healthier and not drunk Bob's favorite.

In the same paragraph you said "bad food" AND said not to let food have power over you. HUH? Food is not "bad," eating it in excess is. Moderation, my friend.

Seriously, labeling food as bad IS giving it power.

giphy.gif
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try this!! the cake uses Zucchini instead of butter and the icing is made using Avocado!

http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2013/09/chocolate-zucchini-cupcakes-with-avocado-frosting.html

As for the icecream, why not try frozen yogurt instead?! :3

http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/homemade-frozen-yogurt-recipes/

giphy.gif

Don't do this, OP, don't ruin good cake.

^^^ That's the gif I wanted for the Hawaiian rolls and colored whipped cream.

Seriously, though portions sizes is where it's at.just buy/make a smaller cake.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

The number of calories (or lack thereof) does not make a food "bad".
  • srslybritt
    Options
    diet soda cake, and frozen yogurt or sherbet.

Is that like a coke cake, just with diet? Interesting! (Coke cake is so awesome)

yes, its a box of cake cake mix with any type of diet soda, and 2 egg whites. The egg whites are key, it doesn't rise very much without it. Most recent creation was a yellow cake mix with diet ginger ale, and I made a sugar free frosting for it using Stevia instead of sugar.

I think I need to try this...
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    watermelon cakes!?!?! google them! They're fun to make.. and DELICIOUS!!
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This.

7055669.png?511
  • PikaKnight
    Options

In the same paragraph you said "bad food" AND said not to let food have power over you. HUH? Food is not "bad," eating it in excess is. Moderation, my friend.

Seriously, labeling food as bad IS giving it power.

giphy.gif

tumblr_lr6uiqel0X1r2hybuo1_400.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    watermelon cakes!?!?! google them! They're fun to make.. and DELICIOUS!!

watermelon =/= cake.