Your biggest fat secret.

Options

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    One hot day I was at the store and felt so exhausted and dizzy I seriously considered using one of those motorized sit down carts. Really surprised that day wasn't my turning point, actually, but it wasn't.
  • alireba88
    alireba88 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am afraid to sit on anything. I just KNOW I will break it. It may not have happened yet, but it's a huge fear. A house party? You can bet your *kitten* I'm standing in a corner to avoid smashing the world with my *kitten*... One piece of furniture at a time.

Gawd, the struggle is real. Once, when I was an art student, we had to break into groups and make functional chairs fully out of cardboard for a 3D Design class. During the critique, groups were taking turns testing their chairs and sure enough my professor looks at me and asks if I'm going to sit down on ours. I got dangerously near telling him to go 'eff himself. Like, "Dude, do you have the gift of sight? There's no way this *kitten* is sitting on a cardboard chair without disasterous results." *sigh*
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I refused to have sex with the hubs - especially since he was big on public shaming me for my size, what I ate, dressed, etc. Best decision ever to cut him off! Such an a-hole...nevermind he was over 50 pounds overweight - ugh, idiot.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am afraid to sit on anything. I just KNOW I will break it. It may not have happened yet, but it's a huge fear. A house party? You can bet your *kitten* I'm standing in a corner to avoid smashing the world with my *kitten*... One piece of furniture at a time.

Gawd, the struggle is real. Once, when I was an art student, we had to break into groups and make functional chairs fully out of cardboard for a 3D Design class. During the critique, groups were taking turns testing their chairs and sure enough my professor looks at me and asks if I'm going to sit down on ours. I got dangerously near telling him to go 'eff himself. Like, "Dude, do you have the gift of sight? There's no way this *kitten* is sitting on a cardboard chair without disastrous results." *sigh*

i didn't even think about this. Especially wooden chairs with small-ish legs. I'm always terrified to sit on them and will avoid it at all costs.
  • KrisBeeGirl
    Options
    It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has done these things (and still struggling with these things)! Def have had a few chuckles and some OMG, I do the same thing moments!

1) Have taken my childrens' Halloween candies (the ones that I have liked at least...mostly chocolate bars and chips)
    2) Have purchased 2-3 drinks at fast food places to make it look like it was for more than just myself
    3) Have gone to fast food places picking up something for the entire family to take home but would order a couple of cheeseburgers to eat in the car on my way home, hide the wrappers under the seat for the time being and then eating my regular meal with the fam
    4) Eat an entire family-sized bag of chips and then going out the the store late to replace the bag so no one would notice
    5) Hide wrappers and "evidence" of my binge eating at the bottom of the trash can so no one would know
    6) I made excuses to not bring my daughter to a big amusement park that is about 45 mins away from here and talked her into another mini vacation elsewhere doing something else in fear that I won't be allowed on the coasters due to my weight
    7) Have packed in an entire pizza to myself
    8) Have worn baggy sweaters in the most awful kind of summer heat because I don't feel comfortable otherwise
    9) Sadly have done this as well....feel so much better when I'm around others that are more overweight than I am. I feel like the attention isn't on me as much...so pathetic
    10) If all the goodies and such are noticed missing, I sometimes say that the kids must have eaten some or that I dropped it on the floor and had to throw it out....

Oh I could go on and on.....still trying to deal with all of the above.....I could really go for a triple cheese meaty dominos pizza with cheesy bread and lots of it....mmmmmm....but I guess I'll get ready to hit the gym instead!
  • Bexchubb
    Bexchubb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not really a secret as we both did it, but a shame of sorts- my OH finishes work at around midnight, and I would regularly ask him to pick up Mcds on the way home- fine for him, he hadn't eaten since lunch, but I had always already eaten a big dinner with our daughters earlier in the evening. That's one of the things that boggles me most now- why on earth was I staying up til midnight to eat an entire takeaway meal when Id already eaten dinner?! :noway:
  • RosemarieSenpai
    RosemarieSenpai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I eat like crazy before my monthly,
    I eat chocolate whenever it's in front of me to keep me zen...
    I LIKE CHEESE!!!
    I can't really say no when a good friend wants to go for lunch or supper.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I buy candy bars and throw them into my purse to torture the crap out of myself and push my tolerance and motivation to resist them. I buy at least one a week and it sits there...eventually I give them to one of my kids or boyfriend or I cave and eat it... So stupid and I don't know why I dangle the fish to push temptation but I do.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options

Gawd, the struggle is real. Once, when I was an art student, we had to break into groups and make functional chairs fully out of cardboard for a 3D Design class. During the critique, groups were taking turns testing their chairs and sure enough my professor looks at me and asks if I'm going to sit down on ours. I got dangerously near telling him to go 'eff himself. Like, "Dude, do you have the gift of sight? There's no way this *kitten* is sitting on a cardboard chair without disastrous results." *sigh*

i didn't even think about this. Especially wooden chairs with small-ish legs. I'm always terrified to sit on them and will avoid it at all costs.

so. i went to algeria to meet my husband and his family. the very first day i got there everyone in his family was in his living room and i was pretty much the center of attention. the first thing i did. sit down on their chair and break it.

yep. the first day i met my husband in person. surrounded by very very curious people who couldnt speak a lick of english. by the end of the night i was bawling in the salon. i would like to say it got better after the chair incident. still married my husband though.
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My house is about a mile and a half from where I work..
    When I would get off in the evening, I would buy one of those big round balls of mozzarella cheese and eat the entire thing on my walk home. Just like I was eating an apple or something.
  • lhmertz
    lhmertz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would order takeout and say "we would like".. instead of "i would like" so they didn't know I was ordering enough "food for 4" just for me!

I used to do this too!
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i sometimes went to several different mcdonalds in a row just so i wouldnt have to feel embarrassed to order all that food from one person. :P
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat super fast so my S.O. doesn't consume everything first. not sure if fat secret... or survival. :brokenheart:

I did this too. I would stop at Mcdonalds and get a three pack of cookie and a milkshake. I would yell at my kids to not get seconds until Mommy got hers. Sad but true.
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would not get food for lunch unless it was a drive thru because I did not want to walk.
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This is soooo embarrassing to even admit, but if I went thru a drive thru, or into a carryout and ordered food, I would pretend I was on my cell phone and ordering for someone else. "Ok, so you want a big mac, do you want me to get you fries? anything else? Hurry up, the cashier is waiting, ok babe, I will be home soon with your food" OMG How embarrassing! lol
    :noway:
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I always bought clothes 2 sizes bigger than I probably needed to, just to make sure people couldn't see my rolls. I see pics of myself back then and all I can think is WTF!

Thank God I looked in the mirror one day and realized how stupid that was. I did this even through highschool when I was skinny...
  • lzepeda89
    lzepeda89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was younger I used to have a stash in my room. All the good candy and tasty chips you can imagine. I had it hidden under some of my socks. Well one day my brother found my private stash and he started comparing me to that movie 'Fat Camp' where all those kids hide all their snacks from the counselors LOL. He has never let me live it down!!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Bag of chocolate chips + bowl + microwave + spoon = tasty snack
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Bag of chocolate chips + bowl + microwave + spoon = tasty snack

Why not just skip the microwave step and just eat the chocolate chips? That's what I do :)

Also.. if you're going to melt the chocolate you might as well get something tasty to use as a vessel for that chocolatey goodness. Marshmallows? Graham Crackers? Chocolate BARS?!?
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Another one that comes to mind is always making a beeline for the most out of the way chair with my back to the wall. The very idea of sitting on the floor in the middle of a room would have freaked me out totally when I was very large. I'd feel all fidgety the entire time and worry that people were staring at my back fat or awkward seated position.

This was me! I remember in my last math class I sat at the back like I always did in classes, but I couldn't see...which is what made me realize I really needed glasses. So I wound up embarrassing myself even more by trying to squeeze my self out from the back seat and squeeze myself into the only seat left.... front row in between two others..... Now I just sit up front.

My fat secret was I used to get fast food, everyday after school. I would eat it in the parking lot, then got to another place and get another whole meal.

I got really happy when the Taco Bell by my house started to stay open until 2am.... oh yea. 2 chicken nacho cheese chalupas with extra baja sauce ("yes I still want sour cream on that") and two crispy potato soft tacos w/extra baja sauce... and sometimes a cheesy beefy burrito.

I think about it now, and realize that was really sad. Still love Taco Bell, haven't eaten it once this year though.... and trust that Quesarito looks so good!! lol