Just HOW do you deal with INCONSIDERATE partners

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you puree kale, bean sprouts and tofu, it makes a great dip for doritos.*

Compromise. It's all about compromise.

*I've never actually tried it, but it probably looks a little like guacamole, or spinach dip.

^yes! And if you sprinkle nutritional yeast on top it adds a nice cheesy flavour:)

OH YES! I buy it in bulk!
    Who needs cheese when you have nutritional yeast?
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Uh. He's not being inconsiderate. He's actually being considerate.

I see this marriage over before it even begins. Hon, let him be who he is. If he doesn't want tofu, don't ask him to eat it.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Learn to pick your battles.
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    :noway: :huh: Does not compute

Can you not eat dinner without him? How does this affect your dinner eating in any way?
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I am divorcing my disrespectful dead weight! It sure the hell wasn't over his love of ribs, and Doritos! or lack of consumption of kale (which he loved. the only healthy thing he loved)

I was b/c the verbal attacks where unacceptable, and he had no desire to work on them.

Let me give you some advice......... PICK AND CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES WISELY!! this is not one of them.

He doesn't eat what you cook.........then he cooks his own food, or he doesn't eat!
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    honey, I really have doubts over the marriage working if you are getting this worked up over him missing dinner one night..yikes..
    eat your kale and tofu..and be happy...
  • ShannonS921
    ShannonS921 Posts: 194
    Options
    I think you should call it off

Yup. Get out now while you still can.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Bump that noise. It's time to start screaming.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    bourbon

Rum, vodka or wine would also be acceptable answers.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Withhold sex.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options

He doesn't eat what you cook.........then he cooks his own food, or he doesn't eat!

yes, because treating your husband like your three year old child makes for long happy relationships..
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    TOFU AND SPROUTS SOUNDS DELISH said no straight man ever
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    What a miserable creep. Can't appreciate you slaving over a hot stove making delicious yummy kale and tofu.
    Be gone with that fool!
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you want your relationship to last the distance, pick your battles. This isn't one! He let you know in advance he wouldn't be hungry so actually, I think that's considerate. Eat it and save the leftovers for tomorrow. No biggie. Not worth getting upset about! Life is too short for that nonsense.

Plus, you can't force your healthy habits on him.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I wonder if on a parallel board there is another thread with the same title with a guy complaining about his girlfriend feeding him saute Kale and how inconsiderate she is not letting him eat Doritos and ribs
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Tofu and bean sprouts? Are you trying to kill him?

It is very kind that you took the time to make a nice dinner. And that you were excited about seeing him after work. Did he know it was tofu and bean sprouts ahead of time? Because on behalf of men everywhere, I'm guessing that would have gone differently if steak was involved.

But seriously... you'll work that stuff out it's just communication. You either be sure to tell him "I'm making a special dinner tonight, please don't pig out at lunch" or he'll figure to check in if he's deciding to pig out at lunch to make sure he isn't stepping on your plans. Or you will learn he hates tofu and will keep coming up with excuses to avoid it. lol
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My husband does this all the time and it doesn't bother me. Sometimes he doesn't get lunch until 3 so then of course he's not hungry. I usually just make him a plate and stick it in the fridge for him to eat whenever. Usually becomes his midnight snack.

Oh, and no way in hell would he ever eat kal saute and some tofu with bean sprouts! Neither would I for that matter!:laugh:
    I would. But I would NEVER Expect my husband to. Nope. Not happening lol
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    If you puree kale, bean sprouts and tofu, it makes a great dip for doritos.*

Compromise. It's all about compromise.

*I've never actually tried it, but it probably looks a little like guacamole, or spinach dip.

^yes! And if you sprinkle nutritional yeast on top it adds a nice cheesy flavour:)

I'd drown it all in Tapatio

^ I love this!!! I think a nice cabernet sauvignon would go very well with this. :drinker:
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    He wouldn't eat KALE TOFU AND SPROUTS?? Oh the horror. Divorce him immediately. He is obviously a poor excuse for a human.

Or wait....try real food.

Seriously...Ugh that sounds nasty. Do people really eat that?
    This. Sorry but last night my wife wife made me beef sausage, macaroni & cheese, and cucumber/tomato salad. It was very nice. Kale, tofu, and bean spouts are *not* nice.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Withhold sex.

That's perfect

Fey-Evil-Laugh.gif