Just HOW do you deal with INCONSIDERATE partners

Options

Replies

• BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Is this a troll post? Or did someone really think kale, tofu and beansprouts was a 'perfectly nice meal?'
    If I served that up my husband would probably never come home for dinner again!
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    He wouldn't eat KALE TOFU AND SPROUTS?? Oh the horror. Divorce him immediately. He is obviously a poor excuse for a human.

Or wait....try real food.

Seriously...Ugh that sounds nasty. Do people really eat that?
    lol this
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Are you being serious?

How is this even a problem?

I think if you believe your spouse must eat the food that you cook for dinner you have an issue with co-dependency. You are both individuals who will be making individual (different) choices about your eating habits (among other things) for the rest of your lives...
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm in the opposite boat.

My boyfriend bought the Kale and unless it's baked and drenched in salt I'll probably pretend I had a big lunch.
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So what? You can't make and eat dinner if he doesn't join you? Co-dependent much?

Seriously, just do what you planned and don't worry about him. He took care of himself as most adults are capable of doing.
    giphy.gif
  • SarahBear1988
    SarahBear1988 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think people have forgotten what the purpose of the post was.

It wasn't to pick on the author for what she was making for dinner and feeding her fiancee. Some people think it's nasty, I get that. I think ribs and steak are nasty. We all have different tastes.

The point of her post was that she doesn't feel like she is getting the support she needs (which is kind of the purpose of this site). It's great that he called yes, but it's also equally great that she was making dinner. I can't cook to save my life so kudos to you chica!!

She's trying to do something better for herself and eat healthier and now has to eat it by herself. Personally I am way more inclined to cheat when my partner doesn't support me or is eating unhealthy food.

I would try to talk to him about it. Explain that it's hard to do something by yourself. Even if he had a big lunch, can he maybe have a small dish and eat with you anyway? A marriage is about partnership and compromise, you two definitely need to work together on those.
  • mav1181872
    mav1181872 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think you're just stressed from your upcoming wedding. Just reread what you wrote, chuckle at yourself, and relax.
  • sunshinerawr
    sunshinerawr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't diet and doesn't cause any problem with us. He already lost the weight he wanted without tracking ugh. But anyways, sometimes it causes issues because he will want to go out to eat and I tell him I cant. he gets annoyed but its only a problem if u let it be one.
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Is this a troll post? Or did someone really think kale, tofu and beansprouts was a 'perfectly nice meal?'
    If I served that up my husband would probably never come home for dinner again!

My sentiments exactly!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I had a perfectly nice dinner of kale saute and some tofu with bean sprouts.. AND HE WON'T EAT

:sick: I don't blame him, one bit!

Honey, if this really makes you mad....yeah, don't get married.

I always just take what they don't eat and eat it for my lunch the following day -- I love leftovers; Kale and tofu for leftovers....not so much,
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, we ate kale, tofu and sprouts for every meal, and we were thankful for it!

I'll stick with my Top Ramen back in MY DAY.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'd dump you if you tried to make me eat a dinner like that. The only thing I do like is the bean sprouts, but tofu? really? :noway: :bigsmile:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think you need to rage-quit the relationship. You don't need him when you have kale, don't you know it's a superfood??
  • detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Options
    You guys live together already?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Think that is bad? My gf just started dating another woman an hour ago. I broke it off.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Easy. You don't marry her. :laugh: :laugh:
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    The guy I have been dating just dumped me because he is too insecure to let me have a gf. I would call that super inconsiderate especially since he has several intense bromances of his own.
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options
    The guy I have been dating just dumped me because he is too insecure to let me have a gf. I would call that super inconsiderate especially since he has several intense bromances of his own.

I will be your girlfriend. :flowerforyou:
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

thank you, I currently have an opening in my rotation!

:love:
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options

thank you, I currently have an opening in my rotation!

:love:

Send me your kik, and I'll give you a preview. :wink: