Bump!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hi again! The meeting with the realtor went really well. She gave advice when I asked for it but she seemed mostly pleased. She wanted to list the house at $10,000 more than I had dreamed of asking!!! :noway: :love: :bigsmile: We talked about it and I explained my need to get it sold quickly and we ended up setting the price in between at $145k. We'll leave it there for two weeks and see what happens. I went to Lowes tonight to look for tile for my bathroom. I needed to ask questions and, as I have been doing along the way, I asked the young man if he knew of anyone looking for a house. Well, HE is looking for as house and is very interested! May I dream? I also went to the bank and got pre-approved for a new mortgage so that I will be ready to go as soon as I sell mine. All in all, I had a good afternoon and got two big hurdles out of the way. As soon as the boy child gets home tomorrow, his butt is going into gear and he will have ALL of his stuff cleaned up before next weekend.

Jane - I am so sorry about the townhouse! I so hope you find something very soon and get that part of the moving stress out of your way.

Meredith - I don't know of a way to open your food diary to just one group of people. You can make it open to everyone in the world or open to just friends. Of course, I'm not the expert on MFP though. Welcome!

Sylvia - You are so awesome!! I can imagine the little face lighting up. My niece was always heavy and it was difficult to find clothes that fit her. She loved going shopping with me because I would search for appropriate clothing rather than just trying to cover her body. Some stores carry plus sizes for children, like JC Penney and Sears.

I've forgotten everything else I read. :blushing: Well, not totally forgotten, but enough so that I can't do individual replies. I'm also falling asleep as I type. Late night plus woke up sopping wet with sweat--had to get up and change jammies--after about an hour of sleep. Pretty much just dozed after that.

Good night, all!

Carol in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    DSIL had a good day. She will be in for a long recovery. Hard to know at this point how her lung function will be affected. Right now we are just happy for this day. Her son is being a trooper. He did call us initially. Now to make it so he has a moment to breathe, he is e-mailing us.

Again thanks for your prayers.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    bump
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi all. We are in Fort Morgan CO. True to our camping traditions, we brought bad weather with us. We traveled through Sterling then about 20 minutes later issued a tornado warning, then some guy near here was hit and killed by lightening. Every time we go camping the weather is horrid LOL Hopefully the others going with us will bring their good karma.

The motel we are in has a "greeter cat" who came in our room to visit for a while. it was so much fun. I had him playing with the water streaming out of the faucet. Then I carried him back to the office. The cleaning lady will probably wonder what happened to the bathroom mirror!

OK off to bed. Tomorrow is lunch then off to the boonies. I'll try to check in if I can. Take care, Meg
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :tongue: just checking in to hold my place
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Lesley, I'm sitting here watching Househunters International; the couple is relocating to Tasmania. It looks like a beautiful place to live.

Jane, I am so sorry. You are due to catch a break!

Sylvia, sounds like the absolutely perfect day. I have a Kohls coupon, too, but I don't really need anything.

That's all I've got for tonight. I'll catch the rest of you on another day. Love you all!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I lied! I have one more:

Meredith, you could open to everybody and then we could all see, OR you could open to just friends and send friend requests to those who might be most helpful with suggestions. I agree with whoever said that the only options are private, open to all, and open to friends.

I had mine open for a while, but decided I could be more honest if I kept it closed. I know what I should eat, I just don't always do it. I do enjoy perusing the diaries of those who are really successful, looking for ideas.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Carol good luck on the sale of your home. May it move quickly and you get a good price for it.

Yanniejannie my Japanese horror story is how they clogged up our drain. I got the not so bright idea :blushing: to put them down the garbage disposal it to get rid of them. I don't like to bury them because the females have eggs and that just creates problems for next year. Leaving them out is a problem because of the smell. The problem is they have sharp things on their feet and they stick together. Hence the clog. It made quite the mess. I can laugh about it now. :laugh: I was not laughing when it happened. We had to call RotorReuter (I am not sure how to spell their name) to clear the drain.

I found the only thing that really works is to put a systemic down. I try to do it after the plant blooms to minimize the problems for the bees and other insects. I also found on my potted plants if I take off the leaf or flower they are eating that helps. I guess they leave a scent to draw in all their brothers, cousins, and friends to the plant party. I also remove any yellow leaves and try not to have yellow flowers when they are in season. Our season for them is the end of June through early September. Mid July to the end of July is the worst. They love the color yellow and sweet things like raspberries and grapes. Your story about the grapes leaves is unfortunately so true. Because of the precautions I take now I thankfully have not had a repeat of the clogged drain. I did learn my lesson.
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marking my place. Have a great evening.:flowerforyou:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Katla I thought of you tonight. I was watching this movie on Hallmark. They are having Christmas in July this month. Anyway the lived out near Seattle on an island in a quaint little town and for Christmas they had this most beautiful Christmas parade of all the boats all decorated. It was quite nice. I'm sure I saw your boat out there!!! And the movie was nice to. I love Hallmarks movies, and on the UP channel. You know you are watching movies your whole family can watch.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Deb – the idea of a tornado or a hurricane give me the scared shivers…but an earthquake.. ok what ever – so interesting what we get used too.
    Alison, hope your hip is better

Meg – have a great vacation!
    Dragonfly – welcome

MN Margaret – so I am on the hunt for a few pre-1982 pennies!! I have done the slug trapes, the picking, some slugo (really trying to be fully organic) yet feel with the CA drought I have to do some mulch; what do you use instead of wood chips?

Yanniejannie – take care!!!

Heather – great NSV on the wrap around dressing gown…

I am still a number of pages of reading behind, but can not stay up any longer… back tomorrow.
    Today’s step count: 17,131
    Kim from N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce, I read the book and saw the movie. The book was better, as they usually are. The real setting of that book is on San Juan Island, which isn't all that far from Barbie and is near Victoria BC where Renny lives.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Sylvia: what a great story. I love Kohl’s stories anyway, haha. It’s like they throw money at you to shop there. I know those girls loved it. I remember buying a bathrobe with my grandmother and I just loved shopping with her. Wore that bathrobe completely out.

Jane: so sorry about the townhouse. Makes me mad your landlady wasn’t cooperating. :angry:

Michele: glad Lance is accepting his insulin again. Keep petting him!

Carol: your hard work on the house is going to pay off!

Meg: have fun! Love the greeter cat. There was one at a hotel in England where I stayed, a bit red (ginger) one. He was kind of famous.

I’ve been doing so many errands etc. this week, I’m just looking forward to “living in my house” today. Also, my guy is not here, so I have the place to myself, just me and my dog. :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Very tired this morning.:yawn:

I've been awake since 4.55 worrying about my rental -again.:angry::grumble: :ohwell:
    I had a check out inventory email last night and basically the tenant has left the place very mucky and uncared for. Things like limescale build up which is hard to get rid of. She will have to pay for deep cleaning out of the deposit and some repairs to fridge shelves, burn marks etc. But my main problem is how tired the whole place is. I wouldn't rent it! I have to decide what to do.
    I tried to tell myself not to think about it until Monday when I can spesk to the property management, but of course I woke up and started worrying. Eventually I changed bedrooms and read a book.
    I need to renew the leasehold which is down to 69 years - not mortgageable - if I am to sell it. I need to upgrade it to get a decent tenant. I can hardly bear to face any of it and I'm being a wimp. :embarassed: :frown:
    Sorry to vent, but I want to put my head in the sand and I can't. :cry:

Otherwise all ok here.:smile: Hoping for rain tonight for the veg patch. I might wander down to the village school fete this afternoon. Saturday is reading newspaper day.
    Tonight I will use the remains of the guinea fowl and stock in a risotto with our own frozen broad beans.

Love your photo Katla! ! !:heart: Can I fly over and hitch a ride on your boat?:flowerforyou:

Heather in sunny and beautiful Hampshire UK
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Just popping in to mark my spot:bigsmile: !

Jane Martin :smile: I am so sorry about the rental not coming through:sad: !!! That just means there is something better out there for you:flowerforyou: ! Sending you a hug!

Katla:smile: I love your new profile pic!!! You look lovely and your doggie does too:heart: !

Cynthia:smile: Enjoy your day today:flowerforyou: !!! I have no painters in my house today and I'm happy:happy: !!!

Sylvia:smile: Sounds like you had an awesome time with your granddaughters:heart: ! I'm sure they will cherish the time of just being with you:love: !

Carol:smile: Great news for you on the house:bigsmile: !!!!

Joyce:smile: I enjoy the Hallmark movies too, however I still have a hard time watching Christmas movies in July, I love summertime so much I don't want to think of the weather being cold just yet:glasses: ! Hope your sister continues to improve:flowerforyou: !

Heather:smile: Try not to let things overwhelm you:flowerforyou: !!! You are certainly NOT a wimp!!! You'll make the decision that will be right for you!

Time to get off this iPad and go for a much needed walk! I plan on spending most of today outside doing whatever I want to do:bigsmile: !!! Today is a ME day:smokin: !!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: !!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in gorgeous NC:glasses:
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump

juanita in sudbury
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump for later