Ice cream issues

Options

Replies

• LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between ice cream and gelato? I thought gelato was just Italian for ice cream.

Gelato is made with mostly milk instead of cream so it has less fat and a different consistency, tasted a bit less creamy.

I am on the hunt for a good recipe for coffee ice cream that doesn't require a custard, if you have one please let me know. My homemade peach is almost gone :(
  • aprilmenzies1
    aprilmenzies1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    if I was a super hero my weakness and the cause of my down fall would be ice cream! I am only breaking even on calories because I am exercising loads! Makes me feel all warm and happy that Im not the only one!
    :wink:
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You should let me uhhh....store it for you.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the explanations! But I think I might have to eat lots of both to make sure I can tell the difference.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Salted Caramel is my absolute favorite :love:

Have you tried Talenti's Sea Salt Caramel??!
    Of course I have. Sea salt caramel Talenti is my favorite of any kind.
    [/quote]

Good taste.
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just get an ice cream maker! You can experiment with all sorts of flavors and, since you're like me and will eat it all anyway, you won't have to worry about storing it!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Ice-cream without any of THIS:

WHEAT FLOUR, CORN SYRUP, SOYBEAN OIL, BUTTEROIL, BAKING POWDER , BAKING SODA, GUAR GUM, SOY LECITHIN,, CARRAGEENAN, LACTASE

has got MY vote! :bigsmile:

(Sorry Ben & Jerry's!:laugh: )
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I have just moved to a house where there is no freezer. It's only for 6 months, but I am going to buy a freezer just so I can have ice cream (and cocktails).

Ice cream and cocktails. A match made in heaven. Only made better with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. For dipping. You know, rather than use a spoon.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I have just moved to a house where there is no freezer. It's only for 6 months, but I am going to buy a freezer just so I can have ice cream (and cocktails).

Ice cream and cocktails. A match made in heaven. Only made better with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. For dipping. You know, rather than use a spoon.

I had an amazing ice cream cocktail the other week. I was just about to order dessert when I saw the bartender making a cocktail out of espresso, spiced rum, chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce and cream. It could only have been improved by a cookie garnish.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Do you have room for a deep freezer?
    Sadly, I don't. I live in an apartment in Queens, NYC and it's not so big.
    Ice cream is so last year. Gelato is where it's at.
    Unfortunately since you don't know me you have no idea how many miles ahead of you in the gelato game I am.

It's true. I can confirm. He is another top level gelato connoisseur.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I have considered buying one of those stand alone freezers to support my ice cream habit. Srs.

I may know for a fact that walmart has one for 160, 3.6 cubic feet. Which is just right for holding ice cream and frozen baked goods.

I mean. Not that I got one or anything.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is so last year. Gelato is where it's at.

You're a frozen dessert hipster...

:laugh: :laugh:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between ice cream and gelato? I thought gelato was just Italian for ice cream.

Gelato is made with mostly milk instead of cream so it has less fat and a different consistency, tasted a bit less creamy.

I am on the hunt for a good recipe for coffee ice cream that doesn't require a custard, if you have one please let me know. My homemade peach is almost gone :(
    And gelato is churned at a much slower rate than ice cream making it much denser than ice cream.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Ice-cream without any of THIS:

WHEAT FLOUR, CORN SYRUP, SOYBEAN OIL, BUTTEROIL, BAKING POWDER , BAKING SODA, GUAR GUM, SOY LECITHIN,, CARRAGEENAN, LACTASE

has got MY vote! :bigsmile:

(Sorry Ben & Jerry's!:laugh: )

Who the hell let you in? Out, Out Damn Spot!

qpYV2s2.jpg?1

If loving you is wrong
    I don't wanna be right
    If being right means
    being without you
    I'd rather live
    a wrong doing life
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1353343-best-talenti-flavor
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't want to live one day on this earth without ice cream, true story.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    My friends, I think I have a problem. I woke up at 730, brushed my teeth, grabbed a spoon then went straight to the freezer for the ice cream.

Then I had to go to the supermarket to get some stuff for the beach and I purchased an ice cream I had heard awesome things about. $8 a pint. It was really good but the chocolate over powered the caramel, good thing I have something to add to it....

As I'm trying it at home a certain someone says to me "How many ice creams are you planning on having here?" My response........"A lot".

I have issues. To small of a freezer issues.

UQ8DP42.jpg?1
    KDobZvE.jpg?1
    dMoy4x1.jpg?1

I have room in my freezer if you wanna bring some over :smooched:
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Currently addicted to yoo moo, frozen heaven.
    Saw in aldi today for first time ever, I think I may have accidentally shouted "yoo moo" as I sprinted towards it.