I challenge you to lose 5 Pounds This Month January 2011

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hello just caught up on the posts. Looks like everyone is working on their goals. The scale is not moving for me this month but I have really been struggling with eating correctly. I got the flu in early December and have not really felt like I got over it. I have been to the Doctor 2x and first time they found my potassium was low which they thought was the cause of my symptoms but we got that taken care of and I still am having lots of heart-burn and shooting pains through my chest and arms. I can exercise and it does not bother me (I ran 6 miles last Saturday) so the doc does not think it is my heart. It just is not fun to not feel up to par. I guess if it not better by Monday I will have to make an appointment and go back in. Plus on New Year's Day I woke-up with a bad cold and that is just starting to go away. Now I have a cough that makes it hard to do anything. This is not feeling well is starting to drive me crazy.

My son is doing a lot better. He talked to the school counselor. One of his fears is that mom or dad is going to die. He was worried that he would go to school and come home and I would not be here. Plus he was stressing over timed math tests. The teacher took the time away and he has passed to the next level every day since then. He was so stressed by the timer he could not do the test. So that is one less stressful situation I do not have to deal with every morning.

Now to get healthy so I can feel like myself and get back on track with losing this extra weight.

Have a great weekend!

Terri
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am back to report that I did it, I did it! I actually went to the gym at lunch for the BodyFLOW class. I even arrived a few minutes early and walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes while waiting for class to start. I weighed myself while I was there, and I am down 1 pound since the beginning of the month: 158. Not much, but I'll take it! 4 more to go in the next 17 days...

Jenn, :drinker: looks like you're the winner of the race to 155! Congrats on your victory!! 55tolose, you're beating me by a bit - careful, the tortoise might sneak up on you after all!

Bru, great work! Feet firmly in ONEderland - yay!

Lisa, sorry your knees are still bothering you. Are there any other activities that you can do that won't bother your knee? Cycling? Swimming?

Terri, glad your son is opening up about his fears. Sometimes just sharing them with someone will make them better. And glad the math timer is gone, for his sake!

Shelli, you'd be surprised about what your daughter will remember. If you show her pictures, and talk about your mom with her, she'll always have a special place in her heart for her 'nannaw'. My father died when my baby was 6 months old, and now at 2, when looking at photos, she names her 'pepere' just like anyone else in our family.
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    kintegra, onmyweigh, ukredhead19 , barty, Bru, Jennplus2 , congratulations on your weight loss and maintaining> You guys are very inspiring. To so many of you that the scale are not moving, hang in there for it must surely happen
  • Tammysboys
    Options
    Challenge accepted, would love to lose 5 pounds this month and every month after till I reach my weight goal!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!! It has been insanely busy at the office this week. On top of it all we had a celebration for the January birthdays yesterday (huge chocolate cake # 1) then a retirement party today (huge chocolate cake # 2). No I did not resist...I didn't even try. I had a tiny sliver of each cake and moved on with my day, no sad songs no regrets. There will be more days to loose the weight than there are office parties so the new plan on party days is to have a tiny slice and move on. I will have to work a little harder over this weekend but I think I can still pull off a loss on Tuesday.

Kids are amazing and a big part of the reason I love this site is that we are all able to share our little stories...even the ones that have nothing to do with dieting.... they all affect who we are and it's fun to share with all of you.

Love ya,
    Randi
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So my hubby told me at dinner to make him a MFP profile..not sure if he really wanted me to or not, but I did it anyway and I asked him if he'd just give it a try for a week or so :)

Maybe he is finally inderstanding all of my 'nagging' so to speak as a good thing and maybe he's finally ready to start changing his eating habits..baby steps of course, but I'll take it!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Jan.01/2011 - 144.4lbs
    Jan.08/2011 - 143.1lbs
    Jan.15/2011 - 141.8lbs
    Jan.22/2011 -
    Jan.29/2011 -

OMG I cannot believe that 142lbs just snuck by! Last year I had the worst time getting out of the 142's and they just came and went!! So excited and I am actually losing pretty good. I was expecting much slower since I am down to the last 10-14lbs! So far 2.6lbs down!
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    So my hubby told me at dinner to make him a MFP profile..not sure if he really wanted me to or not, but I did it anyway and I asked him if he'd just give it a try for a week or so :)

Maybe he is finally inderstanding all of my 'nagging' so to speak as a good thing and maybe he's finally ready to start changing his eating habits..baby steps of course, but I'll take it!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

My hubby is tracking,too. It is great to help each other. We both have a embraced a healthy lifestyle change, its all about US this year..

Jan 1: 161
    Jan 7: 160
    Jan 14: 158.8 (skipped right over 159, now back to pre-holiday weight)

Good luck everyone!!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I lost 1lb

SW 159
    W1 158
    W2 157

3lb to go, at least its going the right way I suppose.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Wow - everyone on here is doing FABULOUS! So nice to see all our hard work is paying off already this month!

Teri - I hope everything comes out ok for you. Maybe you have a pinched nerve or something that is causing the shooting pains? Keep us updated.

My night of skiing was a BLAST! My brother decided to ski with us AND he brought my 2 nephews also! When I got to the ski lodge my sis-inlaw came running out to the parking lot laughing & told me to hurry up because my brother was stuck on the first hill STILL with all 3 kids and needed my HELP! :laugh: So I got out there as fast as I could and WHA LAH - got all 3 kids down the hill after a bit of instruction. They all caught on SO WELL! By the end of the night they were all three going down the black diamond hills without falling! I'm SO PROUD of them. Yep - very proud Aunt moment! They all loved it and said they wanna do it again! The youngest is fearless - he even tried the mogul hill! (He's TEN!)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all, well my weight hasn't changed since last saturday but that is good because i was up two pounds all week. I think that the stress relief from finally getting a job will help me lose some this coming week.

congrats to all who have lost.

Kelly the skiing sounds fantastic. I wanna play too.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    oops
  • mommared53
    Options
    oops
  • mommared53
    Options
    I'm in. I want to reach my goal weight of 140 by Mother's Day,

My starting weight is:

1-1-11 -- 162.

Good luck everyone.

1-8-11 -- 161.4 Well I did lose a few ounces so that counts. I'm at 161 now instead of 162. I'll take it. Great to see you all doing such a great job. Keep up the good work. Next week I plan to be at 160 at the most.

WOOHOO!! I just noticed that few ounces lost made my ticker go down a pound. YAAAAY!!!

1-15-11 -- 161.4 RATS!! I didn't lose any weight this past week. :sad: :mad: I guess I'm going to have to step up my game. I'll need to lose 2 pounds this next week to be on goal.

I didn't read all the posts but from the ones I did read, it looks like everyone is doing a great job. Congratulations and keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:

My goal next Saturday is to weigh 159 pounds.

1-22-11 --

1-29-11 --
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Here is a short version of the post you missed out on the other day... :flowerforyou:

Randi-
    I brighten your day?!?! Thank you, you just brightened mine, that is even better than seeing a loss on the scale! (and you know how great that is!)

Robin-
    Way to go on the job! Awesome news, and you will find time to workout, I have faith in you. Ps Please give those cute pups a kiss for my son, he has been petting the computer screen saying “good puppy” every time he sees your picture, lol

Kelly-
    Congrats on the ski pants! (Fat happens! Ha ha ha) I wish I could ski, the one time I tried I chickened out and had to get I ride back down the mountain on the ranger’s snow plow!

Timbotina-
    Have a fun and safe trip!

Shelli-
    I have Mirena and really like it. I did have an irregular flow at first but now it has gotten much better. Also, your mom will see you earn your degree. She might not be able to give you a hug and bring you flowers but she will be with you and be very proud of you. Hugs

Darlis-
    Congrats! Great loss

Barty-
    Happy anniversary!

Dmgaloha-
    Your two year old sounds like my 3 year old! “kick ball” lol

Bru-
    Glad Nick got his check early and that he has joined MFP! I wish my guy would get with the program.
    Soon you will be back to pre-holiday weight and ready to kick *kitten* again! Yay, great job

Lisa-
    It is hard getting the groove back, I know how you feel and so do many gals in our little group. As far as your knees go…do you wear high heels? I know that now I try to wear only flats and that is helping my knee pain quite a bit.

Randi-
    I like that you ate the cake and didn’t look back. Good for you! I think a lot of my issues are my all or nothing thinking (working on changing that) One day wont hurt you and it WILL help you not eat everything in sight after feeling deprived for a several weeks! Rock on girl
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Terri-
    I hope you feel like yourself again soon. I don't know how you do it all! Dealing with your own kids plus all the little daycare guys while feeling sick :sick: blah! I am sending you healthy thoughts and I hope you are closed on Monday (but still get paid!)

Kelly-
    Sounds like a blast! Glad you had fun on the ski slopes. How many calories do you burn while skiing? :laugh:
    I have been thinking good thoughts for your dad and your pup. When do you go to TX?

Betty-
    Keep plugging along. I sometimes don't lose for over a week and then drop a few pounds overnight! It also might be muscle. Get out the tape meter and measure, you might be leaner...

As for me, I feel back into the swing of things on eating right but still not getting up at 4:45 am for my yoga DVD. Maybe I can start Monday morning. I have Monday off, but work today (Saturday). Easy half day, I am a test proctor for the ISEE (middle school placement test) and I enjoy being in the classroom with the kids. They are doing the quantitative reasoning part right now and even though they still have 15 min left I see that most are already done. Smart little cookies! I may get out of here before 1pm and have the rest of the day for myself! :tongue:
    After the testing I am going to take my kiddos on a walk to the park. I'm bringing a soccer ball to kick around with my son, so I should get some burned calories today. Last night I spoke with my boyfriend about being home more (he works full time and then goes to have fun with friends while I'm home with the kids, I don't mind as my kids are my life and I want to spend all the extra time I have with them, but I would enjoy more family time and so would the children) Anyway, he did say he would try to be home more and when he is home he will make an effort to spend time with us, not on the computer or "checked out". Hopefully I can get him to come to the park with us, cuz he could use a little walk. Not trying to be mean, but he gained more than I did while I was prego with our son and I think he is in denial about the whole thing. :ohwell: I love him fat or thin, but he eats so unhealthy and I would love for him to help me set a better example for our children, plus his health is important. Because we are not married I worry about if something should happen to him, I have no legal right to medical care choices. I have told him this many times, but still no ring...:frown: whatever, going on 9 years together now and I would not be surprised if it never happened!

Oh, and I almost forgot...
    I entered an essay contest about weight loss! I thought I was going to have to wait until Tuesday to share it will you all, but because I have some time at work day I will post it now. Sorry about the long ramble! I will post it below so you don't have to read it if not interested. (a few people said they wanted me to share, but don't feel you need 2!) :flowerforyou:
    ya, 3 posts in a row! sorry
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I only had 500 words to work with so I had to take out all the fluff and funny but I hope you enjoy... let me know what you think!

I struggled with my body image as an adolescent, but as an adult I came to terms with my size. After my children were born the years passed quickly. I never ate breakfast and typically ate fast food for lunch and dinner.
    Then my life changed forever. My children were playing outside, bouncing a ball back and forth while I sat on my steps watching them. I heard my daughter yell, “I’ll get it” as she chased her ball, heading right for the busy street. Terrified, I leaped up and ran after her with all that I had. I franticly reached out my arm, only able to grab the very tip of her ponytail. I pulled hard on her hair, just before she stepped off the curb into heavy traffic. I couldn’t catch my breath and felt helpless as she sobbed. Did I really just hurt my own child to save her? I cried myself to sleep that night. I felt like a failure, the world’s worst mother. How could I have let myself get so out of shape? If only I could have run faster, I would have been able to reach for her arm or shoulder and not hurt her. What if I hadn’t caught her? I made a choice that night, as I lay awake in my bed, eyes full of tiers. I was going to get healthy, and I was going to start tomorrow!
    I made a commitment to myself to stop eating fast food. The first few weeks were really hard. It seemed like everyone I saw had cheeseburgers. Even the Post Office was against me, putting takeout coupons in my mailbox. But everyday it got easier to resist. Once I had taken charge of my fast food habit I felt inspired to add additional healthy living goals to my routine one at a time. I made mini goals for myself and as I met one goal I would add another. Cutting out soda, adding vegetables to my diet, drinking eight glasses of water per day. The more I learned about health and wellness the more drive I had to get healthy. I began working out and walking on my lunch break.
    The journey hasn’t been easy. It took sweat, tiers, and discipline. But was worth every bump in the road and missed out on cupcake. I no longer sit on the steps watching my kids play. I play with them: running, jumping, dancing and living everyday. I still have days I long for junk food. But I eat healthy and balanced most of the time. Now I not only chase my daughter, but I can run past her! I am happier and healthier than ever before. I have lost 34 pounds and although I still have a bit more weight to lose before I reach my final goal I know that I will reach it. In the meantime I enjoy the path that I am traveling to get there.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    01/01/11 = 286.0
    01/08/11 = 283.2
    01/15/11 = 282.2

Total loss MTD = 3.8 lbs
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    01/01/11 = 145
    01/08/11 = 144