Ice cream issues

Options

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I love this thread... and OP. My freezer is sad atm. Kroger brand vanilla is all the ice cream I have left... I just want in to scope out the advices
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My latest creation German Chocolate Peanut butter swirl, I will be making this again

20zz11g.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I am pissed. I though this was a thread about ice cream issues, where your refrigerator is set too cold and the heavy whipping cream freezes.
    That would be a great case of 1st world problems.

You say that like this very thread isn't too.
  • James_Bergin
    James_Bergin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Why not consider fozen yoghurt, or as the yuppies call it, FROYO. Its like YOLO, except it doesn't smack of quite as much stupidity and is much more palatable... than yolo, not the ice cream. Ice cream is still awesome.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why not consider fozen yoghurt, or as the yuppies call it, FROYO. Its like YOLO, except it doesn't smack of quite as much stupidity and is much more palatable... than yolo, not the ice cream. Ice cream is still awesome.

But how does that fix the issue? His issue is not being able to fit all of his stuff into his freezer.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a post of a fit and toned guy admitting he had overeating and binge issues with ice cream. I was disappointed that it was merely a joke topic.

You have got to be the most gloomy downer person on these forums, straight up

I was right! I guessed right! :drinker:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    My latest creation German Chocolate Peanut butter swirl, I will be making this again

20zz11g.jpg

Address please! :love:
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell has a new flavor out this month: Magic Cookie Bar.... Or Joy! Just lovely sweet Joy. :)
  • leftinthekitchen
    Options

Then I had to go to the supermarket to get some stuff for the beach and I purchased an ice cream I had heard awesome things about. $8 a pint.
    Try $10.99/pint. It's called Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream and the Salted Caramel flavor will drop you to the floor it is soo good. And they have awesome frozen yogurt and sorbets (Pear Reisling, oh yeah)
    The fact that you found it for $10.99 is pretty good. I saw it for $13 and stood in front of the freezer for 10 minutes. I just couldn't justify it at the time. Since then I've had several people tell me it's worth buying if not just once to have the experience.

I live in Ohio now and I try to justify trips to Columbus where Jeni's is made. It was 9.99 about a year ago. In the fall I'm going to plan a trip down there and dry ice that stuff back home.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If I was going to try Steve's or Jeni's, what's the one flavor I should get? I think I'm going to spring for one of the more expensive ones tomorrow, but I'm not sure what to get.
  • leftinthekitchen
    Options
    If I was going to try Steve's or Jeni's, what's the one flavor I should get? I think I'm going to spring for one of the more expensive ones tomorrow, but I'm not sure what to get.
    I'd get Jeni's Salty Caramel. The Black Coffee is good if you are really into coffee. The Brambleberry Crisp is quite tasty as well.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell has a new flavor out this month: Magic Cookie Bar.... Or Joy! Just lovely sweet Joy. :)

Oooh, like graham cracker crust, chocolate and butterscotch chips, coconut and a can of Eagle brand milk poured over them, those Magic Cookie Bars? My mom made those when I was a kid. I'm drooling right now....
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have a sweets problem in general.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I've only had Steve's Banana Pudding ice cream. Best banana ice cream I've had to date.

I agree, that's a good one. Jeni's honey + banana was excellent, too. I wasn't a fan of Steve's NOLA Coffee & Donuts. The donut part was stale and tasteless to me. I haven't had a Jeni's I didn't like.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options

20zz11g.jpg

Where can I order a few gallons and how much do you charge for overnight shipping? MUST. HAVE. NOW.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I love this thread so much. I must try this Jeni's you speak of.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is so last year. Gelato is where it's at.

gelato was like two years ago...
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This topic is delish! I had no idea there were so many ice cream junkies on MFP. This thread has really made me happy...plus I don't feel so alone anymore, lol!