WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2014

Options

Replies

• RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I should mention that I bought an ankle length Jones New York pair of summer pants yesterday at half price. It fit like a glove. It was a size 10. Just saying. Who knew?!

I am catching on to a word, or phrase for that matter, to be abundant, and to live abundantly. I wonder what that means to other people. For me, it means less about materialism and more about love, and family and friends.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    i will say morning,
    but for me it is not good..I have been up most of the night with sciatic nerve pain, to say it is excrutiating is an understatement, i am exsausted, in pain and the dr doesnt open until 9 and I have to be to work at 11.. cant call out because the other girl in the office is out today..dont have any more pain killers, which I hate taking anyway.tried doing some exercises at around 2 this morning,but no help, the pain radiates from my hip to the sciatic nerve and no matter what position i am in it hurts, took some tylenol and have the heating pad. will try and shut my eyes for a bit:frown: :sad: :yawn:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Sunny morning again here.:ohwell: We haven't had any of the rain the weather forecasts have promised.:grumble: Oh well, more calories to burn off watering. Our French bean plants have tiny beans on them.:happy:

Grandmallie- Alison. So sorry about your sciatica. Agony.:sad: I had it once years ago and I could hardly move. It started my career as a children's writer as I was stuck in a chair all day. :flowerforyou: We are all telling you to rest, but I know that is easier said than done when you have bills to pay. Heavy pain killers helped me once when I seized up in Spain. I literally could not turn over in bed. :cry: They got me up and walking. Good wishes.:flowerforyou:

Katla - I feel your pain on the money front.:flowerforyou: It seems to send you into a spin as it does me. It's probably because they are things that are out of our control. The new engine sounds very expensive, but they always say any kind of boating is like standing in a shower tearing up 50 dollar bills. :sad: I know you will deal with everything with grace and will find your equilibrium again.
    I lost 3 hours sleep last night worrying about the weekend's visits. No need to worry, of course.:noway: :tongue: That didn't stop me.:laugh: I changed bedrooms, took a codeine and did dome relaxation exercises. Fell asleep at last.
    A couple of years sgo that would have lead to me making excuses not to exercise, but not now.:happy:

Renny - yeah for the 10s! ! ! ! ! :drinker: Abundance is a great word and I remind myself often how abundant my life is.:bigsmile:

Joyce - hugs for you. All you can do is keep an eye on the situation. You have done your very best.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia - tech problems come just behind money problems for me. Grrrrrr!:sad: :angry: I feel so powerless and so furious!:explode:

Beth - I'm pleased to hear the eating is under control again. We are all right with you.:flowerforyou: You have such a lot on your plate with your sons. I have a son who suffers from severe depression, but he does not live near me so I am limited as to my involvement. I sometimes feel he would rather I didn't get involved.:cry: He is difficult to communicate with. Your situation is so much harder. I hope he can get his meds sorted out and get back on track. :flowerforyou: Good news about the job for the younger son.

We have to go to our nearest town todsy as I have to pay in the cheque that I got in compensation for the mess up over my window. Our small local branch has closed.:sad: So now it's a 20 minute drive, a multi storey car park with charges and a walk, just to pay it in.:grumble: I have devised another few tasks we can do while we are there so it isn't such a waste of time and money. One is to call in on the way to a craft centre that can restring a jet necklace I inherited from my grandmother. I have never been able to wear it as it is all in bits. It would be lovely to get it sorted, but not cheap! ! ! ! :sad:

Love to all of you. So many of you have huge responsibilities. You are the rocks of the world.:flowerforyou: :love:

Heather in very dry and sunny Hampshire UK

PS Michele - you could make roses with your fondant. Just roll out lots of small circles for petals and build up a rose starting from the more tightly rolled middle. I'm sure it's on YouTube. :flowerforyou:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,064 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Renny wow and double wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visiting later with friends. One of my friends has a daughter who is into gardening. She is coming too.

Today I will enjoy one of picture perfect days with friends, so tomorrow will be healthier.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good morn,all. Not caught up on all the posts,but will do that later today.

????Welcome to all the newbies,where are you from? Is this your 1st try eating healthier? Wish I could say that,but it is probably
    closer to 10 tries for me.:cry: Ah well,never give up & you will be so glad you stuck to it.

DH saw his heart Dr last wk & I managed to ask a question it two(he is also my Dr). Told him I seem to be stuck in place,not losing
    weight. He said,most likely hormones & meds :grumble: :grumble: Didn't help any that he recently lost 20 pds,by cutting back
    "a little"..........no fair!!!

We are having the best weather,such a welcome break.Sunny 70's,in 50's at night. makes for good sleeping.....like Fall.

Had our 1st ripe tomatoes yesterday,so yummy :heart: We had stir fry with noodles & big salad with the fresh tomatoes.

DD & I will be going to Lucky's grocery for produce & meat,then to return bed pillows....me.... & a window blind...her.
    After that,will bring groceries home,then to get hair trimmed . Have a great day,Pat in Ohio
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday MFP Ladies!

I just finished up Girl Gone, has anyone else read it? It was not what I expected and did not think it lived up to all of the hype. I did see that they are coming out with the movie version in the fall, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Made me also wonder, what books is everyone reading this summer? I am now reading Before I go to Sleep, about a women who loses her memory everytime she does to sleep, a little slow, but interesting.

I’ve started to get tomatoes out of the garden. I have a few eggplants ripening up, but no signs of peppers yet. My spinach was a bit of a disaster, as I didn’t harvest it in time. Overall, the garden is coming along quite nicely. We had quite a storm the last few nights, so haven’t had to go out and water it.

:smile: Welcome Judith.
    :smile: Rori – I go to Lewes almost every Saturday to enjoy the Cape Henlopen State Park. It’s a wonderful beach. Are you vacationing in Lewes? There are several nice restaurants and shops in town. I live about 1 ½ hour from there, so can leave my house around 8:00 in the morning and be on the beach at 9:30. I usually stay until around 2:00, shower up and head on home. Makes for a nice beach day.
    :smile: Katiebug – for me it seems to be an on-going journey. Some things get easier as I get older (giving up sweets), but some things get harder (the pounds just don’t want to come off).
    :smile: Heather – I’ve never tried planting garlic. A co-worker mentioned it also, I think I will have to try that.
    :smile: Grandmallie – sorry to hear your day is not starting off good.

Be well,
    Suzy
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Wow! I was away for one week and am so far behind on the posts. I don't have time to read all of them, but I hope you had a wonderful week and welcome to everyone new. This is a wonderful group of ladies.

I am doing yoga this morning as I have a hair appointment and Hubby is using our workout room this morning.

We got back from Estes Park, Colorado yesterday afternoon. It was a beautiful trip. DH loves the mountains as do I. He loves to drive those Scenic roads. We drove into the Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park, it was so gorgeous even if those high places scare me. I don't look out of the window until we park for most of the drive :laugh: , but DH is in heaven! I am happy to say I was down 1/2 pound from when we left. I am not calling it a real loss since I am maintaining and my weight fluctuates up and down 1-2 pounds. I enjoyed a lot of wonderful food and wine. I cooked dinner for us a couple of times, kept it healthy. I kept the portions small, but still enjoyed myself. We took our little old pug girl, she is so fragile now at 15 years old that we won't leave her with anyone. Dear Hubby really gives most of the care with her meds. She travels pretty well, sleeps most of the time but does have accidents now. I'm so glad he is so good with her, you have to love a man who is so good to pets!

Sylvia, you day with your granddaughters was so wonderful. You are an angel!

Hugs to everyone, I'm sorry I can't comment to each of you. Welcome everyone new, I will get to know you in the days to come.

Must get going!

Cindy in OK
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Pat - losing 20 lbs by "cutting back a little" is a fallacy at our age. That is my opinion and not a helpful statement by the doctor. Pounds don't melt off. It takes a concerted long time effort to lose even one pound. So help me you know who :grumble:

thanks for the kudos about getting into a size 10. When I went to yoga yesterday, for the first time in ages, my workout clothes were too large on me, duh...because they were a size L. I must check if I kept workout clothes from my skinny days. Great problem to have.

Last night DH made a chicken salad. With canned chicken breast. He had bought that at Costco. It was delicious, but may have too much sodium in it. It does beat cooking in this heat we're having.

I am off to DD house to take toddler to daycare and give her a break. The baby is doing great. He is a month old today and just weighed in at 11 lb 9 oz. Breastmilk.

Renny
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Renny: You look gorgeous!!! :smokin: :smokin: I had a business suit by Jones New York years ago and loved it, but haven’t had anything else by them in years. I changed careers from being a business consultant to a teacher and my wardrobe needs changed. Then I gained a ton and lost interest in clothes. Teaching was more stressful than business consulting & I was a stress eater. (I hope to keep that in the past tense.) I like your thoughts about abundance, and need to take time to savor the abundance of good things in my life including family, friends, a home I love, and all of my friends here on Women 50+. :flowerforyou:

Alison: I’m so sorry you’re hurting. I hope you’re able to get some help before work.:flowerforyou:

Heather: BOAT is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand. I think boats are less expensive than horses, though. They don’t need to be fed when not in use and don’t need daily care while in storage. Horses have been a long-term love of mine, and I’d still like to have one. I doubt I’ll ever own one, but I want to take lessons again. :smile: I hope you are able to get your grandmother’s necklace restrung! I look forward to a picture of you wearing it. I’ve had to have my wedding rings resized twice so far. The jeweler is in the next town. They need resizing again. They’re too loose.:bigsmile:

Pat in OH: Too bad men don’t suffer menopause.:grumble: Now that I’m all the way through it, though, I’m glad. I have more energy and a more optimistic attitude. Reproduction is one of life’s unfair bits. Men get most of the fun, and less of the pain, suffering & responsibility.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Suzy in DE: I’ve had five ripe tomatoes so far! I love my tiny little garden. I took my snow peas out on the Fourth of July and planted green beans in their spot. The beans are coming up already! I decided I wanted to try them as a fall crop. We often have a long mild fall. Some years we don’t have a killing frost until mid or late November.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: I agree with Cindy. You are a guardian angel for your grandchildren and they are lucky to have you.:flowerforyou:

DH is taking the fishing boat off to get a new motor today, and I’m staying home to work on housekeeping. I look forward to a little time on my own. I plan to send DS along with his dad. I might get two or three hours here more or less to myself.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Have a great day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

July Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!!
    Violet spent the night,grandma didn`t get a lot of sleep as she crawled in bed with us and is very restless at night.
    Gramps took us to breakfast before work.
    Thanks again for your support.
    HUGS
    jane
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

On the way to volunteer at the Tuesday evening race/picnic yesterday (about 3:30pm) when DD pulled up her facebook for the group and discovered it was cancelled due to the coming weather. We did a few errands and got caught in one of those "microbursts"..........had just driven in to a lot for a store (TJ Maxx) we wanted to visit...........to say "it poured" doesn't even begin to do justice to the rain!!! The car was literally rocking with the wind and the lot had 6 inches of water in about 2 min---the drains couldn't handle it
    about 10 VERY awful minures; I was terrified one of the light poles would fall on the car. Eventually abated and we "waded" in to the store. No water in the car but it sure was close to the door openings. Really stupid on my part; should have turned around and gone home when she read the cancellation and reason. Met a friend (DD's old running coach) at an Irish Pub place and shared a dish called "Boxty"...............a large potato pancake filled with ground beef and peas. Only had about a third and had almost 600 cals left to use and still up another half pound again!!! Arghhhhh.........

Molly.............Thankyou so much for the kind words!!!!!

Deb.........Glad DN continues to improve.

Heather...........YAY!!! for the mastered yoga squats.

Pamala............I used to be soooooooo shy and introverted; I think related to putting WAY too much stock in what others thought. Got over it. Sounds like you are really enjoying that electric bike
    good for you!!!

Cynthia...........Hi!

Joyce........I commend you for trying all with your sister; can't imagine how hard it is for you to watch. The fact that she really thinks having a script for the meds will relieve her of any responsibility is very telling in respect to her impaired thought processes. Can her kids do more........it really shouldn't all be on your shoulders.

Beth..........YAY!!........for your renewed effort.

Barbie...........AMAZING step totals!

Lesley..............Fingers crossed the rain goes AWAY...........

Katla...........I totally agree..............sudden expenses are absolutely devastating to our sense of financial balance and plans.

Renny...........Size 10..............congratulations!!!!

Suzy_in_De.............Currently reading: The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving by Jonathan Evison. About half through; it's a novel about the relationship between an aide and his young patient.............enjoying so far.

Stay strong!!!
    yanniejannie mid-Atlantic...........cloudy, cooler..........about low 80's
  • janehadji
    janehadji Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here in quite some time, and am not sure when I'll be a regular again, but I have to say that it's good to "see" you. So many familiar faces and friends! I've been back to yo-yoing again. I lost 11 lbs. from Christmas through May, then proceeded to gain 8 of them back again. I just don't understand myself sometimes! It takes so long to lose, and seemingly only a minute to gain.

On the plus side of things, I'm officially off of my blood pressure meds after 15 years. I had the final check at Kaiser yesterday, and am happy to have met this goal.

Thank you, especially to the Colorado ladies, for not giving up on me!

Jane in Colorado
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou: . Another cool day here. Last evening it was so nice taking the dogs for our walk. Sounds like it is to warm up this weekend and back to the high 90's. DH told me last evening that Sunday afternoon we are to work the funnel cake wagon at Art in the Park 12:30 to 5. Never done it before, but he is member of the Cosmos so they do this as a fund raiser. Part of our stepping out and trying new things.:noway:

Jane--Sorry this house hunting is so hard. Praying you find the right place and soon.:flowerforyou:

Joyce--sorry to hear about your sister and the doctor. I just pray nothing bad happens.:heart:

Beth--I hope you have a nice visit with your parents. Glad to hear one boy is better and working. Prayers for both of them. :flowerforyou:

Barbie--glad you had a good trip. Also glad you are home safe.:wink:

Margaret--Thanks for reminding me we need to finish our wills and put things in order. With us having children from other marriages the more planned out the less trouble there should be. I have it started but then not finished.

Michele--glad to hear the drain problem is fixed.

Sylvia--sorry to hear about your haircut. I do agree it sounds like you need to find a new place. For years I went to the beauty school as I figured if they messed up the teacher could fix it. Never got a bad haircut. Right now I am trying to dicide what to do with my hair.

Katla--Hugs and prayers. I know when things seem out of control it is hard to get anything done. Worry about money is not something fun. I know I keep myself up nights worrying about money. But God takes care of what needs done in his time. Hope you are enjoying your alone time.:flowerforyou:

RebelRenny--congrates on the new pants. I agree with you on living abundantly meaning more love, family and friends. I am trying to spend as much time as I can with each. Stepping out of my comfort zone. Thinking about the memories I am leaving, not the things.:heart:

Allison--I am sorry to hear you are having so much pain. I understand what you are going thru, been there. Hugs and prayers.
    :heart:
    Well tonight is my night to voluteer in the hospital gift shop so will be a later night. DH is planning to meet me with the dogs to walk home. Take care and enjoy your day.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Yanniejannie - I had a frustrating day too, but without the storms!
    Set off to do all our chores and found the garden centre had sold out of broccoli plants. I left it too late AGAIN. :sad: I have one other place to try, but it might be a miss this year. One year I missed the moment and started them from seed. I just can't be bothered this year. It's a shame because I can't think if anything else that fills that gap in March/April.
    Took my necklace in and asked them to send me a photo of the projected look. Here's hoping, but they may not be up to it.
    Then we set off for the bank etc but hit a huge traffic jam!:ohwell: We turned into an express shop, bought a couple of things for tonight and turned around and came home. I will post my cheque off to my branch in London.:ohwell: So a lot of aborted plans, but fine over all.:tongue:
    I was so fed up I couldn't find the energy to think of anything to cook so I opened one of the tins we brought back from France. Confit de Canard. Basically, preserved duck. We had it with very garlicky cabbage and DH had potatoes cooked in the fat. It was delicious. I felt a bit reckless so found one of the mini bottles of red wine 250cl that I keep for cooking with and we had a small glass each. We could have been in France! ! ! :laugh:
    I'm still inside my calories as I did a good workout this morning.:bigsmile:

I now have my menus for the weekend sorted out.

Lunch Saturday - Gazpacho. (Tomato and salad cold soup with salad sprinkles) Home made sourdough bread, cheese and cold meats, salad bits.
    DGS having zucchini tots and fish fingers. Grapes.

Tea Saturday - chocolate cupcakes and mini cupcakes decorsted by DGS.:laugh:

Dinner Saturday - Beef Tataki, which is a carpaccio marinaded in Asian spices. Basicslly almost raw beef sliced very thinly. Asian salad.
    Home made ravioli with a butter, sage, garlic and lemon dressing.
    Christmas pudding :laugh: brandy butter and cream.
    DGS - zucchini tots and sausages. Strawberries.

Breskfast Sunday - butternut squash and bacon muffins with scrambled eeggs and bacon.

Then they leave and DSIL arrives for tea.:bigsmile:

Sunday tea - Allbran loaf with butter.

Nibbles - anchovy stuffed olives and low salt crisps

Sunday dinner - crudités with home made hummus and kipper pate. To be eaten outside if poss.:bigsmile:
    Barbequed river trout with home grown chard.
    Summer pudding with cream or half fat creme fraiche.

Monday breakfast - croissants, mixed berry salad.

Monday lunch - a snack out somewhere.:bigsmile:

Monday dinner - Asian prawns.
    Chinese chicken and mushrooms. Pak choi. Rice.
    Home made White chocolate cheesecake with home made raspberry yoghourt and choc chip ice cream.

Tuesday breakfast - muesli and fruit salad.

Phew! Nearly all of that is already cooked, minus the beef which I will do Friday, the hummus, ditto, the gazpacho ditto and the prawns which I will put to marinade in the morning on Monday. Veg and salads to chop and toss together. Otherwise it's a matter of getting stuff out of the freezer and heating up.
    I just love it when a plan comes together.:bigsmile:

DSil is on a low chlorestorol diet so I will ration butter, cream etc. She is not strict and is on statins. I will eat tiny tastes of the fattening things. I will have four of my heavenly ravioli.:bigsmile: It's usually the alcohol that is my downfall, not the food.:cry: Lots of water! ! ! ! !:drinker:
    Unfortunately the weather forecast for Saturday is for rain. But I will believe it when I see it. :tongue:
    Can't wait to see them! Hugs all round!:bigsmile:

I hope to sleep tonight.:wink:

Heather in very dry Hampshire UK
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Lesley – some of the gals do a walking DVD in their home when the weather is not good for outside walking… someone here will be able to tell you the name of it…:smile:

Amanda – you have been missed!!! I am sorry to hear about DD’s issues my mom got a pacemaker about 7 years ago and it was a complete turn around!

Alison – good for you to at least figure out the Birth Control thing - I was sexually active before a gal friend asked what I was using and I told her I did not need it as you could not get preg. Until you were married… Man did she march my stupid butt into the health center and get me straightened out.

Jane – ((((hugs))))) I am so sad about all the housing issues!!!

Beth – great job on taking care of you!!! I am so glad that the migraines seem to be gone… have you started adding foods back in?

Sylvia --- LOVE the joke!!!:laugh:

Katla – I hate surprise expenses!!!

Renny - size 10 !!! WOOHOO!!!

Alison – maybe your Dr. could get you to physical therapy for some massage or warm water treatment…:sad:

Suzy – I read gone girl and enjoyed it but read it before all the hype so my expectations were reasonable….

Cindy – glad vacation was so good!!

Jane – off the meds is great, we love to see you when you can visit.

Heather – can I fly in on Saturday and leave Tues… just for the food? My my everything sounds yummy:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Everything is so busy here... part of it is me saying yes a few too many times, and some of it is just the way things work out... so gardened this am and off to the financial planner this afternoon, I only go once a year - he is good, but his office is way too far away, it was ok when I worked, as it was not too far from there, but now it is an hour to an hour and a half drive each way, and the appointment that worked for me today will put me in commute traffic coming home... grrrr....but I'll listen to the radio and call my driving "down time"

Not losing - but not gaining, but not being as careful as I should be:grumble: next week is the last week I am teaching camp until next summer, so after next week I'll get it all back into a routine.

Smiles Kim in N. California
  • dygll61
    dygll61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi to all!
    I just returned to MFP from over a year break. I want to lose about 30 lbs. by the end of Oct. '14 and get in better shape. No real reason why I chose Oct., it just sounded like a reasonable goal for that amount of time. I have lost about 7 lbs. since I started back and want to keep it going!

I just purchased my first home on my own ( with God's help, of course!) in Feb. '14 and have been busy making it mine. I've painted (my bedroom and bath, kitchen and guest bath so far), landscaped some (not as much as I want!!), put storm doors/screen doors on, put a gazebo on the back patio and begun the crazy task of organizing the 2 car garage (which just had everything thrown into it that didn't fit in the house!). I have 2 kids: son, 23, who lives with me til he can afford to get back in college (he has been a BIG help with all my projects!) and daughter, 19, who goes back to college in less than a month ( I am going to miss her SO much!).

The weather here has been quite warm and humid (90's and 65-90% humidity), but we had a cool front go through last night that brought much needed rain and 80's. It was truly beautiful outside today, so I was out making a new flowerbed.

You all take care and have a wonderful evening!!

Judy in NC
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi All,

I went to the first board and couldn't figure out why it was locked... finally found ya'll.

Meredith - re: staring down 50... 30 was the hardest, 40 was "I'm 40? Wow! Here me roar!" 50 was "Screw it, it's just a number." But we're here for you.

So, I'm day 10 into this new semi-Paleo eating plan. No beer or bread, though my husband is mourning the loss of his drinking buddy, but is still proud of me. And I still go with him, I just enjoy a refreshing glass of ice water. (yeah, keep telling yourself that Christy).... BUT! I am down 4.5 lbs. ! I can't believe it. This is the first time I've tried a change of diet that has actually worked.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Christy in Little Rock, AR
    down 4.5 lbs., 25.5 to go!
  • charkmommy3
    Options
    Howdy! 52 year old single mom here from Dallas, TX. Daughter graduated college 2 years ago. Moved out way before then. Son is about to go to college and lives with me. I have been married, but not to the fathers of my children (long story). Divorced since 1994. Dated a lot and have taken a 2.5 year sabbatical to work on ME. Looking to lose a lot of weight so I can dance to my heart's content again without getting so incredibly winded and mainly because I need to in order to be healthy. Looking for a great motivational and support group, and I think ya'll are it! :smile:
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Woke to rain again in Tasmania. Decided on a rest day yesterday but hope to walk the dog today. I have a Wii but is in lounge room and awkward when hubby watching TV. Have DVDs in bedroom and need to get onto them again. Need to get exercising and stop relaxing..
    Weather warnings in England that temps will be 30C, wow we get to 40C here some summers,learned to cope VERY soon after we migrated. Would LOVE some warmer weather but it is winter I guess
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bumping again...but I have been reading.

Gail, metro ATL