Kind of Upset

Options

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    The anonymity of the internetz makes it easy for many self-righteous and condescending c*nts to express their self loathing.

...if you haven't noticed.

But, then again, I could be wrong.

Oooh oooh... I'm one of those!

Consider the dark side, it's refreshingly devoid of the usual BS over here!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm learning to cook, (while weighing or measuring out my food) I realize how detrimental not learning to cook in the past was. It forced me to rely on packaged foods and restaurants and to think that sugary junk food in a shiny containers was gourmet eating.

And even if I were going to give up chewing and live on shakes as many of these weight loss plans promote, I'd utilize one of the many DIY soylent recipes available for free online and I'd still mix it up myself in batches. Because at least then I'd know exactly what went into it, for a lot less money.

I don't buy into the whole shake thing, I got a free sample from someone and I thought they were horrible.

Just to point out:

If we went by your rules, you wouldn't be allowed to say this.

Don't like Beachbody? Keep it to yourself. Don't think Shakeology is worth the money? Shutup.

I'm going to continue giving good advice that is scam-free. Do whatever you want to do for yourself. But the more people I prevent from wasting their money on the scams Beachbody pushes the happier I am.

Also as has been said, you can join one of numerous Beachbody groups here if all you want is positive feedback. I'm guessing the reason you don't is because you too know those groups are just full of salespeople trying to pimp out their product.

No that is not what I am saying at all. My point is if someone is just looking for others doing the program they already are doing why do people feel the need to bash the fact that they are doing this program?

I honestly have no problem joining a Beachbody group, I was just searching the forum for 21 day fix and it seemed like every comment anyone made to these boards where people were doing challenge groups or looking for others doing this program were "I hate beachbody coaches", "Beachbody products are overpriced", "you could just use a food scale" etc

The point is people have already invested in the product and are just looking for others who have too, but they are over run by people bashing what they are doing.

Again, it's for the newbies, the lurkers, the late night Google searchers. It's not personal.

I honestly never thought about the people searching Google and finding these posts, but I don't think it is an excuse for people to be incredibly rude. You can comment with facts not just be an over opinionated jerk about it to the person who believes in it.

So you're upset about threads and responses that didn't involve you other than after reading said threads you went ahead and wasted your money?

Also I forgot rude and mean just means not agreeing with you. Got it now I think.

I do have a question on these containers ... so anything I can fit into the container I can eat? Let's take the carb container I can jam pack that full of pasta and I'm good?? Do you know how much peanut butter I can make fit into one of those containers...

Good luck

Actually ordered it before all this and before searching the forums, so no.

I never said you can't oppose me, I just don't get people making unnecessary comments that lend nothing to the topic at hand.

You get a teaspoon of peanut butter at a time fyi.

Ok again...pros and cons of something are good for ANY topic. It's a public forum and all opinions can be posted.

People post cons and what you call negative comments NOT JUST FOR THE OP but for lurker a and anyone reading.

It's a public forum. Just in case.

Disagreement =/= rude or negative
  • teenie_71
    teenie_71 Posts: 44
    Options
    In for a Friday 'meanie pants" thread. Oh, and cuz I love it...... In for boobies, too...
    h1D3A44FC

I love blue-footed boobies!

(apologies for the thread drift)

it's ok, i've come back for cat gifs but i must be too early!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Now that I'm learning to cook, (while weighing or measuring out my food) I realize how detrimental not learning to cook in the past was. It forced me to rely on packaged foods and restaurants and to think that sugary junk food in a shiny containers was gourmet eating.

And even if I were going to give up chewing and live on shakes as many of these weight loss plans promote, I'd utilize one of the many DIY soylent recipes available for free online and I'd still mix it up myself in batches. Because at least then I'd know exactly what went into it, for a lot less money.

I don't buy into the whole shake thing, I got a free sample from someone and I thought they were horrible.

Just to point out:

If we went by your rules, you wouldn't be allowed to say this.

Don't like Beachbody? Keep it to yourself. Don't think Shakeology is worth the money? Shutup.

I'm going to continue giving good advice that is scam-free. Do whatever you want to do for yourself. But the more people I prevent from wasting their money on the scams Beachbody pushes the happier I am.

Also as has been said, you can join one of numerous Beachbody groups here if all you want is positive feedback. I'm guessing the reason you don't is because you too know those groups are just full of salespeople trying to pimp out their product.

No that is not what I am saying at all. My point is if someone is just looking for others doing the program they already are doing why do people feel the need to bash the fact that they are doing this program?

I honestly have no problem joining a Beachbody group, I was just searching the forum for 21 day fix and it seemed like every comment anyone made to these boards where people were doing challenge groups or looking for others doing this program were "I hate beachbody coaches", "Beachbody products are overpriced", "you could just use a food scale" etc

The point is people have already invested in the product and are just looking for others who have too, but they are over run by people bashing what they are doing.

Again, it's for the newbies, the lurkers, the late night Google searchers. It's not personal.

I honestly never thought about the people searching Google and finding these posts, but I don't think it is an excuse for people to be incredibly rude. You can comment with facts not just be an over opinionated jerk about it to the person who believes in it.

So you're upset about threads and responses that didn't involve you other than after reading said threads you went ahead and wasted your money?

Also I forgot rude and mean just means not agreeing with you. Got it now I think.

I do have a question on these containers ... so anything I can fit into the container I can eat? Let's take the carb container I can jam pack that full of pasta and I'm good?? Do you know how much peanut butter I can make fit into one of those containers...

Good luck

I never said you can't oppose me, I just don't get people making unnecessary comments that lend nothing to the topic at hand.

Alright so saving you money wouldn't of worked.

Those comments may seem unnecessary to you, but when I'm considering a purchase I do research first and I would love to hear that people said hey you don't need to spend that money and the rest.

Just because you don't find it useful many people do, now to get upset about comments that were not even involving you is childish.

For your example, we'll take my favorite restaurant I can do a google search for reviews, there will be good and bad... should I get upset because someone said my restaurant wasn't good... and then even worse let me come on and complain that someone I don't know talked bad about somewhere I like. Yea that makes a lot of sense.

Now for the peanut butter cause that's really the only part of this I'm interested in... I can just dip my teaspoon in and eat my peanut butter ... woohooo that would mean I was eating about a serving and a half cause I pile it on there

I don't just like you I love you!!!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    The anonymity of the internetz makes it easy for many self-righteous and condescending c*nts to express their self loathing.

...if you haven't noticed.

But, then again, I could be wrong.

Oooh oooh... I'm one of those!

Consider the dark side, it's refreshingly devoid of the usual BS over here!

Yep.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from with being busy and problems with portion control, but how about taking the "idea" behind the 21 Day Fix and finding a less expensive way to incorporate it. Why not just purchase different sized containers that are color coded if thats what helps you. You can get oodles of sizes at the Dollar Store and in different colors. Take the concept that the program offers if thats what works for you, but try to make it less costly for yourself.
    If something like this works for you, great!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from with being busy and problems with portion control, but how about taking the "idea" behind the 21 Day Fix and finding a less expensive way to incorporate it. Why not just purchase different sized containers that are color coded if thats what helps you. You can get oodles of sizes at the Dollar Store and in different colors. Take the concept that the program offers if thats what works for you, but try to make it less costly for yourself.

That's been suggested and rejected already by OP
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Actually after the 21 days you should be able to tell what a proper portion is without the containers and you should be trained to eating an all encompassing diet daily. I normally forget to eat fruits or enough protein and this program is helping remind me to do that.

It's not that people are mean per say, it's just that why are they trying to tear down someone who is doing what they feel is best for them?

It's not a fad diet, its real food just properly portioned and a daily workout that gets a person into the habit of eating healthy food correctly and exercising. What is making this a fad diet the food or the workouts?

Oh and is this better with the paragraphs?

see what i mean! So many ppl on MFP will dog your workouts, dog your pics, dog your food, and then correct your grammar and writing style when you ask for more help. Just stay away from the forums and look for groups. MFP has gotten over run by know it alls and people asking who you would rather bang, slap, or marry.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

^^^^^ Yes! After seeing a review of this program my husband nominated me to do this for him. I can get a crap ton of containers at the dollar store for nothing and set him up for several days at a time by batch cooking and using my food scale to measure out his portions. Same concept, just a lot cheaper, and a lot less guess work on calories in/out.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Actually after the 21 days you should be able to tell what a proper portion is without the containers and you should be trained to eating an all encompassing diet daily. I normally forget to eat fruits or enough protein and this program is helping remind me to do that.

It's not that people are mean per say, it's just that why are they trying to tear down someone who is doing what they feel is best for them?

It's not a fad diet, its real food just properly portioned and a daily workout that gets a person into the habit of eating healthy food correctly and exercising. What is making this a fad diet the food or the workouts?

see what i mean! So many ppl on MFP will dog your workouts, dog your pics, dog your food, and then correct your grammar and writing style when you ask for more help. Just stay away from the forums and look for groups. MFP has gotten over run by know it alls and people asking who you would rather bang, slap, or marry.

Dog your food or lack thereof? Are you upset at know it alls that might have suggested that when you did log your food, you should be eating more than 600 or 700 cals a day?
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

You really don't understand how Internet forums work then huh?

The fact is, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU DO. really, we don't care about you or how you spend your money to lose weight. If you need color coded containers to keep yourself from stuffing your gob, more power to you. But don't expect us to not give our opinions freely on these forums. But the fact that the majority of MFP users have a problem with BB should give you a clue as to whether or not it's a viable, sustainable program.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Uh huh. :huh:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

Dog your food or lack thereof? Are you upset at know it alls that might have suggested that when you did log your food, you should be eating more than 600 or 700 cals a day?

I've never had anyone dog anything of mine on here. EVER. I've had people say I was doing it wrong, and I was. I was thankful for their feedback. I guess I have my big girl panties on.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Because for me, a working mother with a 3 year old and husband, it's cheaper to get a sandwich bag or a glad box and through it on a scale rather than buy over priced boxes.... It just doesn't make financial sense to me. And I don't want to have to worry about those damned boxes when I go out to eat.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Isn't the 21 Day Fix essentially a jazzed up version of Richard Simmons' old Deal a Meal program except done with Tupperware? I don't care one way or the other if anyone uses it, but it was my first thought when I saw the infomercial.
  • EverSinging
    EverSinging Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like the workout programs beachbody has but that's about it. Beachbody gets a bad rep here because of the coaches who friend people and then try to push products on them. I've actually seen programs like Insanity, T25, & P90X recommended here. They are great programs if you can afford them. I own Rockin' Body, but you will never see me buying any of their supplements or shakeology.

There are several things that people get hung up on with the 21 Day Fix.
    First, its name. There are people who will buy it because they think it will make them lose weight in 21 days. I think though the name is supposed to imply the "21 days" it takes to create a new habit. With this program, I think the new habit is supposed to be healthy eating and exercise. I definitely don't buy into the before and after pictures they have on their site. In fact in tiny print at the bottom it says results achieved with continued use of the program. In other words, the before and after pictures aren't really 21 days apart.

Second, it does seem like over priced plastic tubs with a few workout dvds. I understand the tubs are to help you learn portions, but I'm sure other people see it as cheaper to buy plastic tubs from say walmart and portion food out that way.

Overall though, if you have the money, then go for it if you think it will work for you. I honestly don't really see anything wrong with the product itself. Some of the items may seem unnecessary to me and others, but if you think they will help you then go for it. I do think beachbody is very misleading with it's before and after pictures. Most of them on the site are after several rounds of a program, but they try to get you to believe that it is only 1 round (having a tiny disclaimer for those who notice).

This ^^^^
    I have the Brazil Butt Lift dvds, and I like them. It's a good workout, but I concur with the absurdity of prices and sales comments above. I got my dvds used and cheap. I could never bring myself to pay that much otherwise. That said, I have good luck with dvds in general because I can do them on my time. I would not follow the "Supermodel Slim" diet they recommend along with it! It's like 1K calories a day! And it tells people not to worry about getting headaches and feeling weak, because that's normal. Well, I suppose it is normal if you're starving yourself to feel poorly, but it's not healthy, especially if you're actually following the full exercise regiment, which has you burning anywhere from 300 to 500 extra calories a day in exercise.

Generally, do what works for you. If that does, well excellent. I hope you have long term results, but people just get tired of seeing fads rolling around because everyone who is successful knows, or has learned the hard way, that there are no tricks to losing weight and being healthy. You have all the tools you need already. Good luck to you!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    can't read wall of text....

but from others responses, if this was about beachbody...I like their fitness programs...and get result but I don't buy any of those "nutrition plans"
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    I like the workout programs beachbody has but that's about it. Beachbody gets a bad rep here because of the coaches who friend people and then try to push products on them. I've actually seen programs like Insanity, T25, & P90X recommended here. They are great programs if you can afford them. I own Rockin' Body, but you will never see me buying any of their supplements or shakeology.

There are several things that people get hung up on with the 21 Day Fix.
    First, its name. There are people who will buy it because they think it will make them lose weight in 21 days. I think though the name is supposed to imply the "21 days" it takes to create a new habit. With this program, I think the new habit is supposed to be healthy eating and exercise. I definitely don't buy into the before and after pictures they have on their site. In fact in tiny print at the bottom it says results achieved with continued use of the program. In other words, the before and after pictures aren't really 21 days apart.

Second, it does seem like over priced plastic tubs with a few workout dvds. I understand the tubs are to help you learn portions, but I'm sure other people see it as cheaper to buy plastic tubs from say walmart and portion food out that way.

Overall though, if you have the money, then go for it if you think it will work for you. I honestly don't really see anything wrong with the product itself. Some of the items may seem unnecessary to me and others, but if you think they will help you then go for it. I do think beachbody is very misleading with it's before and after pictures. Most of them on the site are after several rounds of a program, but they try to get you to believe that it is only 1 round (having a tiny disclaimer for those who notice).

This ^^^^
    I have the Brazil Butt Lift dvds, and I like them. It's a good workout, but I concur with the absurdity of prices and sales comments above. I got my dvds used and cheap. I could never bring myself to pay that much otherwise. That said, I have good luck with dvds in general because I can do them on my time. I would not follow the "Supermodel Slim" diet they recommend along with it! It's like 1K calories a day! And it tells people not to worry about getting headaches and feeling weak, because that's normal. Well, I suppose it is normal if you're starving yourself to feel poorly, but it's not healthy, especially if you're actually following the full exercise regiment, which has you burning anywhere from 300 to 500 extra calories a day in exercise.

Generally, do what works for you. If that does, well excellent. I hope you have long term results, but people just get tired of seeing fads rolling around because everyone who is successful knows, or has learned the hard way, that there are no tricks to losing weight and being healthy. You have all the tools you need already. Good luck to you!

You...I like you...especially bolded.