Kind of Upset

Options
1234568»

Replies

• DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Looking for support for the "21 Day Fix" on MyFitnessPal is like going to Kentucy Fried Chicken for a Big Mac!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Looking for support for the "21 Day Fix" on MyFitnessPal is like going to Kentucy Fried Chicken for a Big Mac!

giphy.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

That's because in the main forums it's for ALL opinions...

Someone actually posted a link to the group that is happy to tell you whatever you want to hear.

Here you go: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=21+day+fix
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I like the workout programs beachbody has but that's about it. Beachbody gets a bad rep here because of the coaches who friend people and then try to push products on them. I've actually seen programs like Insanity, T25, & P90X recommended here. They are great programs if you can afford them. I own Rockin' Body, but you will never see me buying any of their supplements or shakeology.

There are several things that people get hung up on with the 21 Day Fix.
    First, its name. There are people who will buy it because they think it will make them lose weight in 21 days. I think though the name is supposed to imply the "21 days" it takes to create a new habit. With this program, I think the new habit is supposed to be healthy eating and exercise. I definitely don't buy into the before and after pictures they have on their site. In fact in tiny print at the bottom it says results achieved with continued use of the program. In other words, the before and after pictures aren't really 21 days apart.

Second, it does seem like over priced plastic tubs with a few workout dvds. I understand the tubs are to help you learn portions, but I'm sure other people see it as cheaper to buy plastic tubs from say walmart and portion food out that way.

Overall though, if you have the money, then go for it if you think it will work for you. I honestly don't really see anything wrong with the product itself. Some of the items may seem unnecessary to me and others, but if you think they will help you then go for it. I do think beachbody is very misleading with it's before and after pictures. Most of them on the site are after several rounds of a program, but they try to get you to believe that it is only 1 round (having a tiny disclaimer for those who notice).

This ^^^^
    I have the Brazil Butt Lift dvds, and I like them. It's a good workout, but I concur with the absurdity of prices and sales comments above. I got my dvds used and cheap. I could never bring myself to pay that much otherwise. That said, I have good luck with dvds in general because I can do them on my time. I would not follow the "Supermodel Slim" diet they recommend along with it! It's like 1K calories a day! And it tells people not to worry about getting headaches and feeling weak, because that's normal. Well, I suppose it is normal if you're starving yourself to feel poorly, but it's not healthy, especially if you're actually following the full exercise regiment, which has you burning anywhere from 300 to 500 extra calories a day in exercise.

Generally, do what works for you. If that does, well excellent. I hope you have long term results, but people just get tired of seeing fads rolling around because everyone who is successful knows, or has learned the hard way, that there are no tricks to losing weight and being healthy. You have all the tools you need already. Good luck to you!

I'm doing BBL right now. I agree the "Supermodel Slimdown" is ridiculous. As was the "5 Day Inferno" program that came with Turbo Fire. And they chalk up the potential headaches and dizziness to the body "detoxifying". I own three BB programs and they are favorites of mine, but I do not follow their nutrition advice at all.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I do have a question on these containers ... so anything I can fit into the container I can eat? Let's take the carb container I can jam pack that full of pasta and I'm good?? Do you know how much peanut butter I can make fit into one of those containers...

Good luck

Yeah. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that caught that. :laugh:

Life must be hard if you are going to get offended by everything everyone writes on the internet that doesn't agree with you or isn't coated in sugar or dancing rainbow-farting unicorns.

OP, you got your reasons and you got a link to a group of like minded people that won't offend you and your "awesome" tupperware program. I think it's time to move on.

I am stymied by that also. Esp since OP previously stated Yes I agree with the portion planning needing only those things but again I like the fact that if I am portioning chicken I just grab the red container fill it and then dump in a zip lock and keep going. Yes you could use a scale to do this but I get too meticulous about it and want it to be at exactly 4.0 ounces so it is a lot more time consuming for me than the container idea.

If you tend to be meticulous about how much food weighs, it makes since to actually weigh your food, instead of cramming various amounts of food into a container. One days portion of "chicken in the red container" may be 3.8oz, the next day it may be 4.3oz. Call me opinionated, but weighing with a scale seems much more accurate, esp for the meticulous.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You mean volume and mass aren't interchangeable terms?

It's just like the comparison of a pound of fat to a pound of muscle. As far as mass they're exactly the same, but they're very different volume-wise.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    You mean volume and mass aren't interchangeable terms?

It's just like the comparison of a pound of fat to a pound of muscle. As far as mass they're exactly the same, but they're very different volume-wise.

Shhhhhhh...science and logic....away with you...:wink::laugh:
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I want to use this program because I am busy! I have a 3 yr old, a husband, I work full time, I am attending 1 school full time for accounting and I am working on my real estate license, I also have to complete the normal mundane tasks of running a household like laundry, dishes, paying the bills, making sure everyone is where they are supposed to be etc.

I have a teenager, a 1 year old, a husband, I work full time, I am attending school, I take the real estate licensing exam on Monday (wish me luck!) I cook 6 nights a week, do dishes, laundry, pay all the bills, taxi everyone around, take care of two dogs that I walk daily, I run 5k 3x a week, I travel for work several times a year, I commute 45 minutes to work and yet somehow, I have the time to weigh and measure my food.

We're all "busy".... hashtag just sayin'
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I do have a question on these containers ... so anything I can fit into the container I can eat? Let's take the carb container I can jam pack that full of pasta and I'm good?? Do you know how much peanut butter I can make fit into one of those containers...

Good luck

Yeah. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that caught that. :laugh:

Life must be hard if you are going to get offended by everything everyone writes on the internet that doesn't agree with you or isn't coated in sugar or dancing rainbow-farting unicorns.

OP, you got your reasons and you got a link to a group of like minded people that won't offend you and your "awesome" tupperware program. I think it's time to move on.

I am stymied by that also. Esp since OP previously stated Yes I agree with the portion planning needing only those things but again I like the fact that if I am portioning chicken I just grab the red container fill it and then dump in a zip lock and keep going. Yes you could use a scale to do this but I get too meticulous about it and want it to be at exactly 4.0 ounces so it is a lot more time consuming for me than the container idea.

If you tend to be meticulous about how much food weighs, it makes since to actually weigh your food, instead of cramming various amounts of food into a container. One days portion of "chicken in the red container" may be 3.8oz, the next day it may be 4.3oz. Call me opinionated, but weighing with a scale seems much more accurate, esp for the meticulous.

Thank you, that stood out to me as I was reading through this as well. This is the reason people on MFP recommend food scales over measuring cups. I can fit a lot more shredded chicken in a measuring cup than grilled chicken strips or chunks, that doesn't make them the same caloric value. I've found package estimates to be way off compared to the actual weight - about 5 slices of lunchmeat may equal 2oz/56g according to the package, but might be 3.5 or 4 slices when weighed out. Small miscalculations like that can completely screw your deficit.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    So you feel the need to have this long drawn out justification on why you want to use Beach Body to a bunch of faceless people? If every comment were rosy filled will that make you feel better about using it? Okie dokie
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    People "bash" fad diets like 21 Day Fix because they're not sustainable. What happens after 21 days? It won't teach you how to make healthy lifestyle changes. Also, the negative comments are trying to save people money; you can lose weight and become healthy without spending an arm and a leg. Lastly, the experienced users on here want people to know that weight loss is slow and gradual. You have to be patient. Fad diets set up unrealistic expectations of quick weight loss, when in reality the process is something which requires a lot of patience. We're trying to save people from crash and yo yo dieting. Not trying to be Negative Nancies.

Actually it does teach you how to make healthy lifestyle changes, the 21 day fix helps you to see the correct portions of the types of food you should be eating. It takes 21 Days to form a habit, the goal is that after 21 days you will be able to see the food and make the right choices on what and how much to eat, some have to do for another 21 days others have wonderful success. The thing is, things like the 21 Day fix and really anything by beachbody is simply a tool. I personally use shakeology, not because I NEED it to lose weight, but because it's a useful tool for me, it helps me when I feel I don't have time to make breakfast or lunch. There is no magic to any of it, Weightloss isn't about pills, shakes, or anything like that, it's about healthy eating and working out. Sadly there are A LOT of BB Coaches that are just out to make a buck and annoy the hell out of people, I've even called a few people out on it. But there are others, who really want to help people and give them effective tools that are or have worked in their personal life.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    People "bash" fad diets like 21 Day Fix because they're not sustainable. What happens after 21 days? It won't teach you how to make healthy lifestyle changes. Also, the negative comments are trying to save people money; you can lose weight and become healthy without spending an arm and a leg. Lastly, the experienced users on here want people to know that weight loss is slow and gradual. You have to be patient. Fad diets set up unrealistic expectations of quick weight loss, when in reality the process is something which requires a lot of patience. We're trying to save people from crash and yo yo dieting. Not trying to be Negative Nancies.

Actually it does teach you how to make healthy lifestyle changes, the 21 day fix helps you to see the correct portions of the types of food you should be eating. It takes 21 Days to form a habit, the goal is that after 21 days you will be able to see the food and make the right choices on what and how much to eat, some have to do for another 21 days others have wonderful success. The thing is, things like the 21 Day fix and really anything by beachbody is simply a tool. I personally use shakeology, not because I NEED it to lose weight, but because it's a useful tool for me, it helps me when I feel I don't have time to make breakfast or lunch. There is no magic to any of it, Weightloss isn't about pills, shakes, or anything like that, it's about healthy eating and working out. Sadly there are A LOT of BB Coaches that are just out to make a buck and annoy the hell out of people, I've even called a few people out on it. But there are others, who really want to help people and give them effective tools that are or have worked in their personal life.

But could you not get the same results with less than $10 worth of Glad containers and a Sharpie?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

But could you not get the same results with less than $10 worth of Glad containers and a Sharpie?

Of course you can, but a BB Coach isn't going to tell you that.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

You...I like you!!!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

You...I like you!!!

I like both of you. I need to find the link for weighing versus measuring, just for sharts and goggles.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    This is not the place to sell things.

And that's all beachbody is about. Not helping people. Sales.

You like it? Great. They have a site you can feel free to enjoy.

That's not here. We don't have to like Beachbody just because you do. Stop being a child.

Also, your post really just sounds like a cleverly disguised sales pitch. Which is exactly why people bash Beachbody.

Actually this is the first Beachbody thing I have bought, but I won't necessarily buy any of their other stuff so this is not a sales pitch.

I'm not being a child, I just hate that I look up a program and seeing people looking for support but all the dang comments are cutting them down for making a choice that isn't someone else's. You are guilty of being a child if you think that I was trying to sell you on Beachbody, I wasn't asking people to like Beachbody or the products just to not feel the need to cut people down for choosing to use something sold by them.

I don't like their site and have been using MFP for years, why do I have to get cut down for choosing a beachbody product but still wanting to use MFP a site that I like?

OP...why would you let anything said on an anonymous discussion board upset you. You are an adult...conduct your life the way that you choose.

I am not a Beachbody advocate...I believe in less food...more active life. However...if you feel it will help you...then go for it. No one here has to agree with you.

My philosophy...do your research...give some thought as to if something might work for you...then try it...always remembering...if it doesn't work... go back and do more research.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    giggity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

weighing versus measuring it just watch it. end thread/
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So I am seeing two recurring responses on this post and I think people are missing the point a bit.

People keep saying: (I am summarizing)

1. "You should just weigh your food and not spend the money on this system otherwise you won't succeed long term."

2. "This is a public forum. People can post what they want. You are just complaining because people didn't agree with you."

I think it is easy for some people on MFP to forget their journey and where they started and that we are all starting at different levels. Some people are not going to go from out of shape, overweight, and generally unaware of general nutrition information such as proper portion sizes to overnight using a food scale and working out 5 days a week and staying within their calories. It takes time to make changes and learn new habits. At the start many people often start with a DVD workout program or using meal plans or just starting to measure a serving size with measuring cups. Then they transition to learning to weigh foods, learning how to balance their nutrition without help and how to come up with their own exercise plans. Maybe Beachbody, Jillian Michaels, etc. is not necessary and overpriced but it is a starting point for many on their journey to fitness and it is better than doing nothing.

Over and over again I see someone post that they are upset by some responses in posts. That post is then followed by variations of "you are just too sensitive", "this is a public forum, suck it up" and "just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they're rude or mean" I think some people are assuming that the OPs are just sensitive and taking things too personally. While I am sure this is true in some cases the fact is that there are people on here that post simply to be sarcastic or rude and are not trying to be helpful and that can be frustrating to deal with and people should not have to just "accept it" because this is the internet. There are lots of great supportive people on here but there are also some people that aren't so great.

So maybe those of us who have been on this journey to fitness longer can cut those that are still learning some slack.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If you want to waste your money on crap-be my guest, but why rant over "mean" people?
    I'll tell you why-YOU are trying to sell the crap!