• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Great essay Jenn!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Great job, Jenn! Thanks for posting your story! :flowerforyou:

Robin - you can come play anytime! I know the kids loved it, so I'm sure I'll be out skiing again real soon with them! :laugh:

As for the calories burned while skiing last night....3.5 hours and almost 900 calories burned! Not too bad...a lot of time was spent either helping kids put their skis back on or riding the chair lift...but still an awesome burn! AND all around FUN time which is really the only thing that counts, right? :bigsmile:

Update on my dad - apparently his knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Jan 31st, so I will probably be flying out to Texas around the 29th. My cousin is giving me his miles so I can get a free round trip ticket, hopefully anyway!

As for the puppy....he is still bleeding from his urethra, but it has slowed a bit. The vet is trying to avoid surgery if at all possible. We all are hoping to avoid it. Poor little guy - still is acting as if nothing is wrong with him, but looks like a dork with a maxi pad tied around him with a bandanna! He didn't like the Depends! :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Jenn, your essay brought tears to my eyes. So glad all turned out well. Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work, you're doing a wonderful job. :flowerforyou:
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi all you guys are doing so great! I just wanted to pop in and say that I readjusted my goals. I want to trim and tone, which includes adding muscle and only losing 10 pounds so I'd like to take my time till my beach memorial day trip. Best of luck guys!!!!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Great job Jenn! And wow, what a scary moment!! I couldn't imagine how you felt with your daughter. I'm glad you made the decision and even happier that you are here and telling us a little background. :flowerforyou:

And Kelly, I've NEVER been skiing, but it sounds like you had a TON of fun!!! My thoughts headed towards you and the family. Please keep me updated, even if you have to text/call me, you know I'm around :heart:

Ran a 5k (in a way, with Kelly) and finished it in 40min and 32sec. I did it outside, around my neighborhood in 20-30degree weather. Sure I could have quit halfway or never even started it, but it feels so much better to say that I completed it! THe quote I saw today: In running, it doesn’t matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say ‘I have finished.’ There is a lot of satisfaction in that.---Author Unknown

Anyway, I get to 'babysit' a bunch of 25ish yr old guys tonight...fun fun :laugh: Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Jenn, your essay brought tears to my eyes. So glad all turned out well. Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work, you're doing a wonderful job. :flowerforyou:

:blushing:
  • marathonrev
    Options
    I'm in! I have already lost 2 pounds this month...3 more to go!

Starting weight: 211 (January 1)
    Current weight: 209
    First GW: 199 by Valentine's Day
    Second GW: 180 by my 52nd Birthday (March 29)
    Third GW: 170 by the Flying Pig 1/2 Marathon! (May 1)
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    154! Down another pound:)
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options

:blushing:

Me too! That was a great essay
  • MaeG2BFit
    Options
    The NY Jets beat the Pats!!!!! J-E-T-S all the way to the Superbowl.

I hoped that I would lose more this week. But, I missed Zumba class on Wednesday. Will try to work out more this week.

Jan 3 - 155
    Jan 6 - 152
    Jan 10 - 151.5
    Jan 17 - 151
    Jan 24
    Jan 31
    Feb 7
    Feb 14
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Jan 3 - 154.6 (up some...boo!)
    Jan 10 - 153. 0 (Yeah!!!)
    Jan17 - 152.2
    Jan24
    Jan 31
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st: 181
    Jan 3rd: 180
    Jan 10th: 178
    Jan 17th: 178++
    Jan 24th:
    Jan 31st: [Goal of 175]

I'm bloated so I refuse to log that weight.....
    maybb in a couple sayd things will settle down and I'll weigh-in again
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    woohoo, just weighed in this morning and lost another 2.8 lbs! I'm very surprised b/c its my TOM and i have a horrible cold that has kept me from exercising most of the week. I think its turning into bronchitis so I will most likely use my holiday at the doctors office..boo!

I'm down a total of 8.2 lbs since 1/3/11!!! I'm just going to keep the same goals and make it 10 lbs by valentine's day. I guess if I get there before that I will readjust then! tracking my food has been the key so far, so that can be my goal...to track EVERYTHING!

1/3/11- 199
    1/10/11 - 194
    1/17/11 - 191.8
    1/24/11 -
    1/31/11 -
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Monday, January 17 weigh in: 187
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the new month ahead
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

I went to a BodyCOMBAT class for the first time on Sunday afternoon with lots of punching and kicking. It was challenging and fun, and I can really feel it in my shoulders today.

Food was ok over the weekend - some good choices, some only so-so, but the portions were reasonable. And no chips, so that's an improvement. Last night, we were at a friend's for dinner, and I admit that I indulged: two glasses of red wine and a brownie for dessert. I enjoyed it without beating myself up about it, and am hoping the Combat class earlier in the day will balance it out.

Randi, I support you on the 'have a small slice and move on' attitude. This has to be a forever change we're making, and we're not going to say no to cake (or wine and brownies, in my case) forever. We have to learn to fit it into our lives, without depriving then bingeing on it.

kickrz - yay for skipping over 142!

Bru - you'll have to keep us up to date on your hubby's progress. You're a great influence! (not only on him, but on all of us too!) I love the running quote "I have finished" - I'll have to remember that one. Great work on the 5k! I love how you're always challenging yourself. I tend to shy away from pushing myself. I don't know if I'm a wimp, or just too scared to fail.

BJ, you have very consistent results - 1 lb loss per week! That's great! I was 157.5 when I peeked at the scale yesterday, so you're 1/2 pound ahead of me, since we started the month at the same weight. I didn't update my stats yet, as it wasn't my official weigh in.

Kelly, that's great that you're inspiring your nieces and nephews to participate in an active lifestyle. I tried skiing a few times, and was a whiz on the bunny hill, but scared to death on a regular hill!

Robin, the job is official now? Congrats!!

Jenn, thanks for posting your essay! It really touched me. I don't even know what to say - my heart is so proud of you that my brain can't function. What is the prize for winning? You should save a copy of your essay for your kids to read when they are older.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st: 173.6
    Jan 3rd: 171.4
    Jan 10th: 171
    Jan 17th: 168.6
    > total of 5lbs lost :happy:
    Jan 24th
    Jan 31st [*new* goal of 166.6]

I finally made my way into the 160s this past week & now have a healthy/normal BMI!!! I'm super pumped about that!! Also, I've conquered the challenge to lose 5lbs & now hope to lose about 2 more this month!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job so far this month everyone!!! Keep it up!!

The problem with my hubby is...he's not changing his foods yet, he's still eating the same crap and then wants me to log it for him..I know how bad he's eating, I don't need/want to see it in writing, he does. So I took his phone and added the site to his browser. I told him he needs to start logging EVERYTHING, even those little pieces of candy he has throughout the day. It's not like we don't have healthy food in the house, he just doesn't like much of it. Although, I have gotten him to start eating ground turkey, HE put it in chili, spaghetti, and tacos so far. Yay!! So, I'll take his little victories! We have a temp treadmil right now and he decided to try it out yesterday, he was onlyu on it for 7ish min, but at least he did try it .... I just hope he understands that he can hit his calorie goal eating anything he wants, but for it to do him any good, it needs to be WAY less sugar/sodium and more fruits/veggies/etc. I'm hoping that by him seeing my food diary it will help. I ate great all day yesterday and still had enough room for a few cookies and milk last night. However, he decided to eat a big bowl of ice cream with chocolate all over it and was WAY over everything but protein and fiber :ohwell: Well, again, baby steps!

Anyway, here's to a great week all! :drinker:
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm here and I have caught up on all of the posts. As for my weekend, I ate WAY too much and didn't exercise. I did the Slim in Six DVD and my legs were sore for 4 days! OMG!!! I feel like I'm starting from zero after taking a month off! I really want to get back into the swing of things. Reading about all of your successes definitely helps! I have taken my last dose of antibiotics this morning so hopefully I am MRSA-free. The antibiotics have been making me VERY shaky and nauseous! :sick: Today, I walked on the treadmill for an hour and did some stretching for a burn of 415cals. I feel pretty good about that. I have some homework to get done and I need to clean the kitchen. Sounds like a fun day ahead. :indifferent:

Jenn- I loved your essay! I don't know what I would do if that was me. It hasn't happened to me yet but my daughter is almost 2 and runs like the wind!!! She is also very strong-willed. I can't wait until Spring when I can get her outside and play with her!

Everyone else is doing awesome so far this month!
  • blackbyrd61
    blackbyrd61 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    2 pounds down ~ 3 to go!

SW: 216 (1/3/11)
    CW: 214 (1/17/11)

Mini goal: 184 lb ~ Jun 2011
    Final goal: 160 ~ Jan 2012