Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's for Breakfast????

Replies

• JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    I started with 2 glasses of water followed by a scrambled egg and a chocolate protein shake.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Empty-plate-001.jpg

Is that your stomach growling? Is that what I hear?

Lol, nope, I pretty much never feel hungry in the mornings (and more often than not, if I try to force down a breakfast I feel nauseous.) Food early in the morning just doesn't seem to agree with me, I struggle to face anything before lunchtime. Any time I do manage to have a breakfast it's usually only a biscuit or a little bit of dry cereal.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Empty-plate-001.jpg

Lol, nope, I pretty much never feel hungry in the mornings (and more often than not, if I try to force down a breakfast I feel nauseous.) Food early in the morning just doesn't seem to agree with me, I struggle to face anything before lunchtime. Any time I do manage to have a breakfast it's usually only a biscuit or a little bit of dry cereal.

I go in to work at 3:00 in the afternoon, so I don't eat early either. Most days I eat breakfast about 9:30 or 10:00. The drawback to that, is that I do eat late.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    black coffee. vitamin.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Empty-plate-001.jpg

I go in to work at 3:00 in the afternoon, so I don't eat early either. Most days I eat breakfast about 9:30 or 10:00. The drawback to that, is that I do eat late.

I eat late too and pretty much always have done, so I'm very used to it. I normally don't eat until 11am at the earliest.
  • ryannsmom921
    ryannsmom921 Posts: 28 Member
    I combine one packet of instant oatmeal with a tblsp of PB2, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a packet of stevia, and 2/3 cup water, then microwave...whallaaa: Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal.
  • larrodarro
    I had my usual plus half a banana cantaloupe out of the garden. Also half a cup of blueberries in my cereal this morning.

10409579_777799288931863_3496253406155207667_n.jpg
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    I don't typically have breakfast, but today I was hungry in the morning.

2 Bananas with peanuts
    2 chipotle-parmesan seasoned boiled eggs diced with a whole avocado
    1 Frozen Apple
    A handful of frozen grapes.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    I had toast with cream cheese and raspberries this morning.
  • larrodarro
    It tasted much better than it looked. Eggs, {beef, pork & turkey} sausage, toast and banana cantaloupe.

10457483_778398772205248_4009160124470915171_n.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    We went out. Had a Belgian waffle, 2 scrambled eggs and some fresh strawberries and blueberries.
  • larrodarro
    We went out. Had a Belgian waffle, 2 scrambled eggs and some fresh strawberries and blueberries.

It does feel good to be waited on once in a while. When I lived in town a good friend of mine ran a breakfast place. I ate there about five days a week. That was back in my bad old smoking days, and we would pass the morning smoking cigars and drinking coffee. Looking back on those years, I wish I had all that money back. Maybe I could retire a few months earlier.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Weetabix, banana, seeds and vanilla soya milk. Tomorrow I'm doing French toast with blueberries and strawberries.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    A half cup greek plain, 1 banana and a pkg stevia. Oh and 3 cups coffee...not too thrilling but fills the hole in my belly.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member

It does feel good to be waited on once in a while. When I lived in town a good friend of mine ran a breakfast place. I ate there about five days a week. That was back in my bad old smoking days, and we would pass the morning smoking cigars and drinking coffee. Looking back on those years, I wish I had all that money back. Maybe I could retire a few months earlier.

I hear that. I sure wouldn't mind getting back all of the money I threw away on cigarettes, junk food, and diet plans/pills.
  • larrodarro
    I picked up a new Kashi cereal last week when I was doing the shopping. The numbers are not great, but the price was. Just $2 a box. It taste great, but I had to keep adding to the scale, trying to get the protein numbers up there. Still had to go with a banana, 20 gr Nature Valley protein granola, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, 10 almonds and a Nature Valley breakfast biscuit to get my 30 gr of protein.

40 gr of Organic Promise Raisin Vineyard: 136 calories, 3 gr protein
    28 gr of Honey, Almond & Flax: 99 calories, 4 gr protein

10556226_778803992164726_4911508083127424723_n.jpg
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    I had 4 slices of center cut bacon on a english muffin with olive oil mayo.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I made blueberry pancakes this morning with blackberry Greek yogurt on the side.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    almond butter and cherry oatmeal. absolutely delicious!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Kerrygold Dublin Stout cheddar and marmite sammiched 'tween two toaster waffles.