Food No Longer On Shelves, That You Miss ?

Options

Replies

• Rachifloon
    Rachifloon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    DreamChocolateBar.jpg

*sigh* They really did live up to their name...
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am probably too old for them but I miss Kinder Surprise whenever I'm in the states. They sell them in Mexico and Canada but the US doesn't because they're a "choking Hazard" :huh:
  • JenW757
    JenW757 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, there were these nougat sticks rolled in granola and mini chocolate chips. Similar to a Payday, but smaller and the nougat was vanilla flavored and it tasted like a chewy frosting. I wish I could remember the name of them! My mother used to put these things in my lunchbox back in the early 80's. No one I know remembers them. I swear they aren't a figment of my imagination!
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Not exactly "on shelves" but the Santa Fe gorditas from Taco Bell.
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    The Marathon Bar (it was a chocolate covered caramel candy bar that looked braided or like chain links). Those were the best, miss them. Orange flavored Live Wire Mountain Dew. If it is still made, I haven't seen it in my part of the country in years. :(
    Carnation Chocolate Chip breakfast bars (not the kind they have now- completely different ones from when I was a child). Man, now I want these things.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I am probably too old for them but I miss Kinder Surprise whenever I'm in the states. They sell them in Mexico and Canada but the US doesn't because they're a "choking Hazard" :huh:

I know right... I used to buy 3 boxes of 3 and eat them all at once :embarassed:

If I had to pick one thing from France that I miss the most, it would be 'danette'. They're kind of thin puddings sold in the yoghurt section. So delicious. Pastries, croissants and cheese I can find here... Brioches and madeleines my mom can bring me... but not that.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid they had microwavable carmel popcorn. It came with this slab of caramel to put on the hot popcorn and let ot melt all over it. It's probably good they don't make it anymore, cause that caramel never made it to the popcorn without at least one bight out of it!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, there were these nougat sticks rolled in granola and mini chocolate chips. Similar to a Payday, but smaller and the nougat was vanilla flavored and it tasted like a chewy frosting. I wish I could remember the name of them! My mother used to put these things in my lunchbox back in the early 80's. No one I know remembers them. I swear they aren't a figment of my imagination!

Mary Janes??
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Ding Dongs (the hockey puck looking ones...)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid they had microwavable carmel popcorn. It came with this slab of caramel to put on the hot popcorn and let ot melt all over it. It's probably good they don't make it anymore, cause that caramel never made it to the popcorn without at least one bight out of it!

I remember that, had it in college. Along with the one with the packet of cheddar cheese powder....which may still be around, I just haven't looked
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Ding Dongs (the hockey puck looking ones...)

When Hostess wrapped everything in foil, my favorite was the HoHo
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options

Mary Janes??

No, Mary Janes are just a nougat candy, peanut butter & molasses.

b1f300173f1417f7.jpg

I believe the poster is referring to Nature Valley Granola Clusters. :)

Obviously, this isn't the chocolate chip flavor, but I found a pic! :D

b0912-granola-clusters1.jpg
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, there were these silver sweets called cola balls, which were a bit like aniseed balls, only silver and cola flavoured rather than aniseed flavoured.

They were taken off the market because the silver colour in them came from aluminium. (Yep in true 80s kid style, ate sweets full of toxic metals).

Anyway, yes I missed them a lot. And they never did me any harm....

131071677.CjHVXj54.jpg
    You can buy these in Canada at Bulk Barn, but I am pretty sure that they no longer contain aluminum. Definitely taste like cola though.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    wispa bar
  • jgranger221
    Options
    Though I did find I was thinking about that clear Pepsi Max recently... anyone remember that?

Crystal Pepsi! I was working at Pizza Hut back then, and since it was owned by Pepsi at that time, we had it before it was released to the general public. We were all really excited to try it, only to find that it tasted like window cleaner :noway:

Anyway, the "food" I miss that is seems to be no longer available is the Arctic Orange shake from McDonald's.
  • Censor76
    Censor76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Those little box cookies, chocolate snaps...I think Nabisco made them at the end.

I loved them...my mom would buy that as my own little treat.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Though I did find I was thinking about that clear Pepsi Max recently... anyone remember that?

Crystal Pepsi! I was working at Pizza Hut back then, and since it was owned by Pepsi at that time, we had it before it was released to the general public. We were all really excited to try it, only to find that it tasted like window cleaner :noway:

Anyway, the "food" I miss that is seems to be no longer available is the Arctic Orange shake from McDonald's.

I miss old traditional McD's shakes period. They have completely revamped their shakes since I was a kid. Now they are WAY too sweet and try to be fancy with whipped cream and stuff. :P I miss the good old shakes. :(
  • nazrin1242
    Options
    Doritos and Pringles. Not on my shelf but I also have an overwhelming desire to eat McDonalds from time to time. I haven't in almost 3 years though. Go me.
  • JenW757
    JenW757 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I believe the poster is referring to Nature Valley Granola Clusters. :)

Obviously, this isn't the chocolate chip flavor, but I found a pic! :D

Yes!!! Those are it! I sooooo wish they still made them. :ohwell:
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Oreoos.jpg

Came here to post this.