Food No Longer On Shelves, That You Miss ?

Options

Replies

• _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Guacamole Doritos. They were effing delicious.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Along with the 3-d chips, Flamin hot Cheetos Asteroids. They came in a plastic container so I could bike to school and not have to eat crushed up chips at lunch time (because I always only ever had soft lunch boxes).
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Guacamole Doritos. They were effing delicious.

^^These. Oh, how I miss those :'( And Jello Pudding Pops. Nothing tastes as good as my memories of either.
  • Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    O'Ryan's Sour Cream and Onion potato chips!!! Miss those something fierce!!!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The Reggie Bar, Smurfberry Crunch, styrofoam encased Big Macs, BK Yumbo, PacMan cereal ...

I've noticed that nobody misses "new" Coke.
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Most of the things I miss are more because they're not as readily available where I am now, opposed to actual availability.

Same! I miss things from Oregon and Washington, but only because I'm currently in Michigan. My husband will feel the same about Michigan food when we leave.

As far as wide availability, though, I miss the old glass-bottled Clearly Canadian. And I don't know if it's my usual grocery store or what, but I have a tough time finding honey roasted Planters peanuts anymore.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    There was another thing when I was a kid that I'm glad not to find because I'd want it. It was these boxed cupcakes you could make with jello pudding in the center.

If anyone knows where to find them, don't tell me!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    There was another thing when I was a kid that I'm glad not to find because I'd want it. It was these boxed cupcakes you could make with jello pudding in the center.

I don't know where to find them, and good thing for me, too :wink:

I know Mexican CocaCola is available in our stores (single bottles at a time $1.09 a piece). But what I really miss is glass bottled Pepsi and Dr. Pepper from my youth. You know, buying a six pack and having to pay a deposit on the bottles. My grandma let us kids take all the bottles back for pocket change :happy:

The local gas station also had a chest cooler of the Pepsi 6oz bottles for 25 cents each. Finding a quarter on the ground at age 10 was like hitting the lottery, lol!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

I don't know where to find them, and good thing for me, too :wink:

I know Mexican CocaCola is available in our stores (single bottles at a time $1.09 a piece). But what I really miss is glass bottled Pepsi and Dr. Pepper from my youth. You know, buying a six pack and having to pay a deposit on the bottles. My grandma let us kids take all the bottles back for pocket change :happy:

The local gas station also had a chest cooler of the Pepsi 6oz bottles for 25 cents each. Finding a quarter on the ground at age 10 was like hitting the lottery, lol!

I liked soda out of glass bottles, too. Definitely a different taste. Or maybe it just cools different in the fridge. And my son still likes the rootbeers that come in glass bottles.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Caramel ricecakes, but that's because Australia is a hole
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Hershey's Swoops and Altoids Tangerine Sours</3 They were both so good!
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Morningstar had these microwavable fake sausage or bacon breakfast biscuits with cheese. SO damn good and quick and not that bad on calories. Sigh.

My husband misses Coke Black, which they made for maybe 10 minutes (espresso with Coke).
  • GrasslandFairy
    Options
    Coffee Toffee and French Toast Crunch.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Zero candy bars. I think they're still made, but I haven't seen them in forever. There was also an even more heavenly white chocolate candy bar (going back a good 30 or so years now) that was topped with a drizzle of cinnamon flavor. I just can't remember what they were called.
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Zero candy bars. I think they're still made, but I haven't seen them in forever. There was also an even more heavenly white chocolate candy bar (going back a good 30 or so years now) that was topped with a drizzle of cinnamon flavor. I just can't remember what they were called.

Yes, Zero candy bars are still made. They didn't used to be available in our area so I would get one anytime I could find them. Now that all our Walmarts have them, however, I've had to ease up on that a bit.
  • nicor44
    nicor44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ecto Cooler! Even so many years later, I really get a craving for it every once in a while.
    And Cheetos Paws (not sure if that's the official name, but they were paw-shaped), Snapple Elements, Shark Bites fruit snacks.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bernard matthews turkey twizzlers :brokenheart: :frown: :sad:
  • 115LasVegas
    Options
    Oh! And there used to be Girl Scout Cookies called Juliettes, which were kind of like pecan Twix bars in a cookie shape. A-mazing. And I think it was Keebler that used to have these incredible wafer, caramel and nut chocolate covered "cookies." They were awesome too.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    SURRRRRGE! It looked like radioactive waste and I LOVED it!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Baked Cool Ranch Doritos. I know there are probably others, but right now, I'm really craving some of those....