Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles- The Continuation

1789101113»

Replies

• mskeeys
    mskeeys Posts: 6
    I've been using these for a couple of weeks now without knowing exactly what they were. Great thread, thanks to everyone else for the ideas.

I've been using mine in stir-frys to add a bit of "bulk". I usually do chicken, a little bit of soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce, LOTS of veggies, and about 100grams of the noodles. Turns out great.
  • cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    I love them. I mix them in a vegetable stir fry with salmon for a tasty meal.
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    imagejpg1_zps7ab1b51d.jpg

Yum
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Quirky_but_nice Posts: 102 Member
    I found some of the "rice". What's the tastiest recipe you've had with that? I'm guessing curry would be good. Anything else?
  • kelliepalko413
    kelliepalko413 Posts: 1 Member
    ebony__ wrote: »
    PLEASE HELP!!
    I love shirataki noodles they are fantastic
    Which is why I was hoping something else was to blame for this but I have trialled it and unfortunately
    THEY MaKE ME VERY ILL!!
    It's fine when I'm eating them, but regardless of if I have them at lunch or dinner they. Make me feel bloated and nauseous all night.
    I've tried just having smaller amount but I'm
    Cutting back to the point where it's barely even half a meal and it's still making me sick.
    Usually I don't actually throw up from it, but sometimes I wish I just could to take the horrible feeling away :(
    I think I'm going to have to give them up :(

Thank you for posting this. I just woke up at 5 am with nausea, bloating and pain (exactly how you described). And this is my first time eating the Better than Noodles. I had them the night before. I don't know what is in these, but I don't think I can have them either.

• MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    I'm Asian and so noodles and rice are a major food diet for me. I grew up eating it every meal--breakfast, lunch, dinner...when I started my weight loss diet it was really hard to control the carb intake. When I discovered shirataki noodles it helped me mentally when it came to eating food like pho, red curry noodles, noodle salads, etc.

It is very nice to see how everyone manipulates this ingredient to their taste! I am for sure going to be taking some recipes and trying them out.
  • flexygeorge
    flexygeorge Posts: 5 Member
    I need to start cooking for my self anyone with useful recipe should write to my inbox pleaee