Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Just peeking in. Feeling pretty despondent. My plantar fasciitis feels worse and is making things harder to do. Getting new shoe inserts and hoping for the best. I did pretty poorly over the weekend and lost my battle of wills with the ice cream bucket. :laugh:

Ohhh well. New week, new chance, right?

July goal: 40 miles!
    July's mileage!
    July 8 - 1.22 miles, walking
    July 9 - 0.8 miles, walking
    July 10 - 1.12 miles, walking
    July 11 - 0, rest
    July 12 - 1.10 miles, walking
    July 13 - 0.55 miles, walking
    July 14 - 1.08 miles, walking
    July 15 - 0.86 miles, walking
    July 16 - 11.35 miles, cycling
    July 17 - 0, rest
    July 18 - 13.54 miles, cycling
    July 19 - 13.23 miles, cycling
    July 20 - 0.8 miles, walking
    July 21 - 0, rest
  • mslindsay
    mslindsay Posts: 93 Member
    Hello Everyone,

I just saw this thread and thought I would bump, and save for later!

I also looking for new friends on my weight loss journey. I have anywhere from 130 pounds to 150 pounds to lose. My current goal is to get to 185 pounds and judge how much further I need to go. I am 6'2 by the way.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Has anyone mentioned the August challenge yet? I was thinking maybe everyone does exercise minutes? Or maybe days under your calorie goal? A secondary version of Lent (Give something you love up for a month?)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Bump- Need to get moving so I can go to the pool.

Okay- I got off the sofa to hit the pool, only to realize that I am tired tonight and need to rest. I did not sleep well last night and if I was to go swimming now at 8pm, I won't sleep tonight and then be able to get up at 6. So it will become a rest day and I have earned it. One thing I need to learn is not to feel guilty about taking a rest day, especially after being active all month. My trainer has a lot to do with this since she challenge me to get my activity level up each day so I am just not sitting on my butt doing nothing. Even now I am yawning so hopefully that means I will sleep tonight.

Car update- Still have the problem but have found a shop to give a 2nd opinion that specializes in transmissions. I will take my car there after class tomorrow. I had the guy at the gas station check the transmission fluid level and it was fine today, so that made me feel better. This shop is own by a person who worked at the car dealer where I brought my first car and my parents also dealt with them. He has a good reputation and use to own the AAMCO station in the area. So hopefully, I will get some answers tomorrow and this load lifted off my shoulders.

The class I am taking does have us moving so I am not sitting all day which is a good thing. I will get back on the exercise wagon tomorrow.

Don't forget to update your miles for last week. I would like to post the status updates by Wednesday or Thursday. I have a 50 mile marker as the half century. We needed something between 33 and 63 miles. Many people are close to this milestone so keep working.

Tom- In honor of junk food day- I was able to indulge in a double chocolate chip cookie today. A good reason to celebrate so thanks for the excuse.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Re: August goal. I like the idea of days under calorie goal... it will get me back to tracking food. I also like the "give up something you love" though I will probably not last very long if I give up what I truly love (diet pepsi... it's summer after all.) :tongue:

I have just misplaced my list of mileage for the last few days... hoping it will pop up around here soon. :grumble:

7/21 5.7 miles 121 AM
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi guys! :flowerforyou:

@tanya--I also wouldn't last with the "give up something" challenge b/c the minute I tell myself I can't have something, that's the only thing I want. I'm rebelious like that. :devil:

@laurie--I hope your car issues get resolved so you don't have to worry about it. :flowerforyou:

@mzfrizz--I don't keep ice cream in the house b/c I have very little will power with that treat. If I buy anything it's the Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers variety. If I do want to splurge on the "real" thing, I buy something like Dove bars--that way they are already in single serve portions and I won't find myself sitting on the couch with a half-gallon in my lap and spoon in hand. :blushing: I hope the new inserts help with your PF.

@kelley--hope you saw my earlier note about susan. She's still around and said she would get back on the thread soon.

@heidi--ditto what kelley said about the ENT. Where are you going on vacation?

@aimee--I'm open to whatever for the August goal. I personally need to do better with my food choices, so anything related to calorie goals or macros would work well for me. One personal goal I've already set for myself is to get my protein levels back up. My diet has been way too carb heavy lately. :blushing:

@tom--in honor of the holiday, I had some doritos. My husband bought a bag, so it seemed fated.

welcome to the newlings!! :flowerforyou:

Monday Check-in:
    Today was not very active in terms of deliberate exercise, but I did get some errands done. I finally went to Soma and bought some new bras and underwear. I also did some grovery shopping and stopped at the AT&T store to have my husband's old phone upgraded to my previous phone. Tomorrow I plan to call and cancel our land line. Now that we have unlimited calls on the cell phones, it's really a waste of $40/ month.

Goals:
    1. wash/dry clean all drapes in house
    2. shred old files
    3. clean out spare bedroom

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
    7/15 = 4 miles
    7/16 = 4 miles
    7/17 = 8 miles
    7/18 = 1.5 miles
    7/19 = 1 mile
    7/20 = 8.5 miles
    7/21 - 1 mile
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Toots - so glad more babies headed your way - 2 - oh my gosh!

RobinB - glad you had a wonderful time with your family - I remember you were a little worried about it not going smoothly - generational differences and the stuff that happens because of misunderstandings - aaauugh !! Glad it didn't happen! :laugh: Ooh, congrats on your son playing in Nashville.

Kah - thanks again! Guess stuff on the internet isn't as helpful as you think! I Thanks for saving me from the shredder.

Skinny - I do like that car! Your list is sure short! I have 3 lists by my side right now :noway:

aimeemarie - Great August Challenge Suggestion. I like the "Days Under Calorie Goal" suggestion best. I hear voting already!

Also - Very proud of you, impressed with your great weight loss, and your success so far! :drinker: glad to hear your nesting, and you are taking time to get your bearings before moving forward. Must be necessary so take the time. You really have good instincts. Go with them!

WalkingQueen - :flowerforyou: Hey you met your goal!

Mzfrizz - I'm very impressed with your exercise you showed - especially your cycling ! Wow...great! Your poor feet - my dad always said, when your feet hurt, you hurt all over. So, every thing you do causes foot pain. :sad: .... hope the new inserts help, but consider this, there is hope over the horizon, and that will come. Part will come just with the passage of time. Don't push the walking just to benefit the rest of your health right now because you do have the cycling and your accomplishing plenty on that. Over time, by resting your feet, it will help them get better and then over while, after you've lost say, 40 lbs, you will notice a change in how your weight affects how you walk, and that will make a difference too.:flowerforyou:

MsLindsay - welcome! Hope to see you again.

Laurie - so glad you found people and shop to trust - big load off your shoulders! Glad you got some rest and sleep -whew!:yawn:

Skinny - I do think giving up land lines is a trend that will continue until they are extinct.

Re: Susan - I miss her too! :sad: Nice to know she's active here.

Re: National Junk Food Day - I'm going to put it on the Calendar for next year and give us all early warning so we can plan the calories1 Thanks again, Tom for these thoughtful and clever daily updates.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    If nobody has any objections I'd like to propose we make aimeemarie's suggestion for August's Challenge for the Month a reality.
    Its: Tracking the Number of Days you are under your Calorie Goal.

Its a great challenge in that you will certainly pay attention to the bottom line: Calories In must be less than calories out to lose weight. Hard to practice but a great month to be active.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    I don't think I'd participate in an 'under calorie goal' challenge. Personal preference and all, simply because I'd be too tempted to way under eat to do "better" in the challenge, or would feel like 10 calories over or something means my day was all bad. I'm definitely an "all or nothing" personality, and I've just figured out how to balance it all, foodwise. However, if that's what y'all choose to do... then good luck to you, and I'll check in without participating, then see about joining the September challenge.

I do like the active/exercise minutes option, though. :)

Miles for 7/21 - 2.58 miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Mileage for 7/21: 4.7 miles (2 water aerobics, 2.7 walking). It was cooler today. Really made the walking more pleasant.
    Karen, I'm right there with you on the eliminating something. I don't think I could last 24 hours.
    RobinB, happy to see you back.
    Glad know that someone is in touch with Susan. I've missed her, too.
    Toots, good luck with getting your new boys.
    I could do the 'under calories' challenge. It might be a rough month. With granddaughter's wedding, there'll be lots of company. I have to spend another week in Utah helping sort my dad's stuff, too.
    Today was a frustrating day. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone setting up repairs for my washer. It won't spin. Because we live in a small town, service is only available on Thursday. The new part won't be here by Thursday this week, so it can't be fixed until next Thursday. Ten days without a washer!
    Then we had a bid to have very large old tree removed from our front yard, $2500 with a couple of generous discounts. It has disease, and if any of those big branches fell they would take out the house, so it has to be done. I had to go to the bank and arrange the financing. Yuck.
    I am as tired as if I had worked hard all day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    I like the idea of an under calorie goal challenge for August. It's one I certainly could use!

July Mileage Goal: 100 miles

7/1 - 3.02
    7/2 - 5.02 (3.02 walk and class)
    7/3 - 4.86 (2.86 walk and class)
    7/4 - 3.92
    7/5 - Rest Day
    7/6 - 2.70
    7/7 - 4.72 (2.70 walk and class)
    7/8 - 2.91
    7/9 - 2.86
    7/10 - 2.90
    7/11 - 2.90
    7/12 - 7.30 (14,615 Fitbit steps)
    7/13 - 3.98 (7,978 Fitbit steps)
    7/14 - 2.90
    7/15 - 2.88
    7/16 - 3.01
    7/17 - 3.02
    7/18 - 2.82
    7/19 - 2.84
    7/20 - Rest Day
    7/21 - 2.90
    7/22 - 2.88

Total: 70.34
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    @Karen~Thanks for the note about Susan. I’m with you, I really need to concentrate on my macros—that would be a good challenge for me for August. I’ve been carb heavy lately too, trying to scale that back.

I can’t eliminate foods either, that’s just setting myself up for failure—I have failed miserably at any diet that is restrictive, I do better when I can work in the things that I enjoy and nothing is off limits.

@Tom~In honor of yesterday’s holiday I had a thin, crunchy chocolate chip cookie and it was totally worth it! :laugh:

@RobinB~Welcome back! I’m glad you enjoyed your family vacation after all!

@Robin~I wonder what website suggested pictures and/or graphics on resumes, that’s weird. :smile:

AFM~I’m up for the August challenge; however, I need to concentrate on macros rather than just calories. I generally stay under calories but my macros get out of whack, so I’ll be concentrating on those. No “formal” workout yesterday but did go home after work and wash my wood floors, it’s a huge job and thanks to Zoe’s “present” rewashed a section this morning. :grumble: :tongue: I’ll see my trainer this afternoon.

July Mileage:

7/01/14—3.39mi
    7/02/14—3.30mi
    7/03/14—3.23mi
    7/04/14—None
    7/05/14—1.58mi
    7/06/14—1.97mi
    7/07/14—4.81mi
    7/08/14—3.69mi
    7/09/14—4.00mi
    7/10/14—2.76mi
    7/11/14—4.14mi
    7/12/14—1.93mi
    7/13/14—2.14mi
    7/14/14—2.82mi
    7/15/14—3.36mi
    7/16/14—5.14mi
    7/17/14—3.34mi
    7/18/14—3.27mi
    7/19/14—1.76mi
    7/20/14—3.35mi
    7/21/14—3.36mi

Total: 63.34/100 Miles
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    @skinny - we are driving from Eastern Canada to Michigan (close to Detroit) for a family reunion... coming back through Southern Ontario to visit more family, and spending a couple of days in Toronto and Quebec City on our way home. The boys are very excited about doing the Toronto Zoo, the CN Tower, etc... and my eldest loves Old Quebec.

Total: 48.26 / 60

07/01 - 0 (migraine!)
    07/02 - 2.5 miles
    07/03 - 2.26 miles walking, 30 min treading water (1.5 miles)
    07/04 - 4 miles
    07/05 - 0 (storm!)
    07/06 - 3 miles
    07/07 - 5 miles
    07/08 - 3 miles
    07/09 - 3 miles
    07/10 - 3.5 miles
    07/11 - 1.5 miles
    07/12 - rest day
    07/13 - 2 miles
    07/14 - 2 miles
    07/15 - rest day
    07/16 - 3 miles
    07/17 - 4 miles
    07/18 - 1 mile
    07/19 - 1.5 miles
    07/20 - 1.5 miles
    07/21 - 4 miles (apologies to my PT! :tongue: )
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Bump - I know, I know. I'll be back soon I promise. Lord, I missed you guys!!!!!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Spooner’s Day!
    July 22nd is Spooner’s Day, named after Reverend William Archibald Spooner who had the terrible habit with the “slip of his tongue”. No, he wasn’t saying bad words, he just wasn’t saying the words in the right order. Instead of saying, “There goes a bunny rabbit, “Spooner would often slip and say, “There goes a runny babbit.”
    “A day to remember the scholarly man whose accidental transpositions gave us blushing crow (for crushing blow), tons of soil (for sons of toil), queer old dean (for dear old queen), swell foop (for fell swoop) and half-warmed fish (for half-formed wish)." as quoted from an answer from Answers.com.
    Try talking in spoonerisms for the day and see if it doesn’t make your own transpositions send you rolling on the floor. Here is a story written in spoonerisms by this reporter in remembrance of Reverend Spooner on his birthday. This is not a day to make fun, but to smile at the twist of the tongue that made him famous and I'm sure he wouldn't mind putting a smappy dile on your face.

Bear and Dog make Friends
    Once upon a time, there was a stunny fory, about a bown brear and a little dairy hog they became friends by accident when they were bittle labies. They woth bondered too far from their parents and didn’t know any better. One day the two decided to change the world and fake mreinds with other arry funimals. The buzzy funny didn’t know what to think when he was asked to play neither did the movable louse who was being chased by a big clack bat. They thought it was a trick, so the bown brear and dairy hog ignored those razy canimals and stayed friends while all the other animals scratched their hurry feads.

The End.

“Nothing will work unless you do.” ~Maya Angelou

Tom
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Afternoon everyone! I'm back for good this time! Its been a tough few months and I'm happy I just maintained but I'm totally motivated now.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    BUMP

Still alive and stalking the thread!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    If it's too tempting to eat under your goal, perhaps we could make the challenge that you are within 50-100 calories of your goal? ex. if mine is 1200 daily, and I eat 1256, that's still acceptable. Leaves marginal room.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Hi everyone! I have been MIA for the last several days (or has it been a week!) Work and life have been super busy, but I know that I need this group to help me keep my focus on my goals. Plus, I really need friends and support and I want to be supportive to you all. Welcome newbies!! :flowerforyou:

I love the August challenge idea for staying under our calorie goal. Last night I was home from work and decided to cook. When I logged the calories of this homemade and fairly healthy meal it was over 1000 calories. Holy Cow!!!! :noway: :sad: No ice-cream for me!! I was disappointed in myself and it was a good lesson on pre-planning what I eat before I eat it. So, this next challenge would suit me just fine.

Yesterday was my 30 days of joining MFP and I have lost 8lbs. I wish it was more but I'm pleased that I'm at least on the right road. Now to avoid the detours!! Last week one of reps brought in 2 dozen Krispy Kreme donunts. So not right!! :grumble:

Glad to be back and my goal is to be much more of a participator than I have been. And to clean my house today!! :drinker:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Here is my updated walking goal-

July goal 186 miles

7/2-5.02
    7/3-6.05
    7/4-5.1
    7/5-1.16
    7/6-4.08
    7/7-5.95
    7/8-6.93
    7/9-5.82