Here are some of my tips!

Options

Replies

• SelfLoveMamma
    Options
    Why is it that the first thing people want to so on MFP threads is tell other people how wrong they are?

These are "her tips" if you don't like them then move on she didn't ask for opinions.

Maybe all this dieting makes some of you edgy and rude?

Or maybe those of you who've had success forget to stay humble and get snobby.

Anyway, thanks for YOUR TIPS!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Why is it that the first thing people want to so on MFP threads is tell other people how wrong they are?

These are "her tips" if you don't like them then move on she didn't ask for opinions.

It's through complacency regarding nutrition that the Western world has it's obesity problem.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

So beginners don't take bad (even scientifically debuked) information and think they need to utilize it to fulfill their weight loss / health goal?
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You left out breathing is bad.

Ooooooh! Water is bad! Eating is bad! Food is bad! Working out is bad!

Wrong! You're doing it wrong! All of you are doing it wrong!

This is not how any of this works!

(Did I summarize this thread well?)
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options

because you could literally do all of these and not lose weight

because you could literally do none of these and lose weight

just because
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

1. Yes they have lost weight but this does not mean they are healthy and I'm sure they had to REDUCE the amount of these processed foods SIGNIFICANTLY to achieve this.
    2. It is not irrelevant at all and I am living proof. It is not NECESSARY but helpful.
    3. IVE ALREADY STATED that this has worked for me and might work for others who haven't tried it but are stuck. It is proven that small meals throughout the day is more beneficial to ones metabolism than 3 large meals. It does not make a HUGE difference but it can take someone to that next level.
    5. Green tea helps diffuse bloating around the stomach area. Not kill fat, you're right but reduce bloating and flush out toxins that usually accumulate around that area.

Name a toxin, any toxin that the green tea will flush from your system.
    :laugh:

Okay, *now* I'm in...

...to see if this has been responded to yet.

Have a guess.....

DAGNABBIT!

:grumble:

And so my righteous and noble quest continues...

http://www.greenteaearth.com/2010/11/02/green-tea-for-cleansing-your-body-from-toxins/

do I win? it's in the 2nd paragraph.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I feel like it was explained pretty well and in detail around pages 7-8.
  • paulaaah
    paulaaah Posts: 60
    Options
    WELL I totally give up lol some have agreed, most have not. I was born 12/01/1994 and have never lied or changed my birthday so I suppose out of everything put on here, that was the most ridiculous. This is just what worked for me and I feel a lot of you are bothered because it's more extreme than just cutting down on calorie consumption. But again, this is just what worked for me. It's FINE if you don't want to do it, I never said this was the only way to lose weight. You people seriously need to relax and back off my age, sorry I wasn't born sooner??? I have no idea lol anyway sorry I was just trying to help, sheesh, this site is more discouraging than helpful for me. Again, none of my tips are harmful if you do decide to try it so stop attacking me as if I was putting anyone in danger. If any of tips had the possibility of being dangerous to someone, I'm sure they would recognize that immediately and not attempt it. Okay? OK.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

1. Yes they have lost weight but this does not mean they are healthy and I'm sure they had to REDUCE the amount of these processed foods SIGNIFICANTLY to achieve this.
    2. It is not irrelevant at all and I am living proof. It is not NECESSARY but helpful.
    3. IVE ALREADY STATED that this has worked for me and might work for others who haven't tried it but are stuck. It is proven that small meals throughout the day is more beneficial to ones metabolism than 3 large meals. It does not make a HUGE difference but it can take someone to that next level.
    5. Green tea helps diffuse bloating around the stomach area. Not kill fat, you're right but reduce bloating and flush out toxins that usually accumulate around that area.

Name a toxin, any toxin that the green tea will flush from your system.
    :laugh:

Okay, *now* I'm in...

...to see if this has been responded to yet.

Have a guess.....

DAGNABBIT!

:grumble:

And so my righteous and noble quest continues...

http://www.greenteaearth.com/2010/11/02/green-tea-for-cleansing-your-body-from-toxins/

do I win? it's in the 2nd paragraph.

Who knew the name of the toxins was cleansing detergent, medications, cosmetic products, tobacco, alcohol and impure air and water :huh:

And who knew our body couldn't get rid of these things on their own. :huh:

Or are you talking the 3rd paragraph when it says toxins and free radicals? Overall no. You still don't win.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    ragequit6002.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Here's another myth: drink tons of water

Total hogwash. All it does is water down your intercellular fluids - sometimes dangerously.
    Hogwash

Don't drink hogwash, have you seen what they roll in?

I think la mujer above was referring to hyponatremia, which is sometimes dangerous(ly)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    WELL I totally give up lol some have agreed, most have not. I was born 12/01/1994 and have never lied or changed my birthday so I suppose out of everything put on here, that was the most ridiculous. This is just what worked for me and I feel a lot of you are bothered because it's more extreme than just cutting down on calorie consumption. But again, this is just what worked for me. It's FINE if you don't want to do it, I never said this was the only way to lose weight. You people seriously need to relax and back off my age, sorry I wasn't born sooner??? I have no idea lol anyway sorry I was just trying to help, sheesh, this site is more discouraging than helpful for me. Again, none of my tips are harmful if you do decide to try it so stop attacking me as if I was putting anyone in danger. If any of tips had the possibility of being dangerous to someone, I'm sure they would recognize that immediately and not attempt it. Okay? OK.

You never lied..yet somehow you were able to create an underage account back in 2011?

Also, you keep saying you lost 60lbs healthily...except the part you left out about having an eating disorder (which you won't seek help for).

Do you really not see the contradiction in that?
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Here's another myth: drink tons of water

Total hogwash. All it does is water down your intercellular fluids - sometimes dangerously.
    Hogwash

Don't drink hogwash, have you seen what they roll in?

I think la mujer above was referring to hyponatremia, which is sometimes dangerous(ly)
    \

I was thinking water intoxication.
  • paulaaah
    Options

You never lied..yet somehow you were able to create an underage account back in 2011?

Also, you keep saying you lost 60lbs healthily...except the part you left out about having an eating disorder (which you won't seek help for).

I might have lied at the time to create my account because I was underage when I created the account but I am 19... I can't remember back to that exact day lol and I just recently developed a disorder because I just want these last stubborn pounds gone but when I first began my weight loss journey, I did purely by exercising and eating clean. 5-6 times a day. not after 7. preplanning my meals. and with tea. this is why I put my tips up. because this is the route I took. I have repeated this.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

okay.

JenniferLawrence-OkaySure.gif
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    WELL I totally give up lol some have agreed, most have not. I was born 12/01/1994 and have never lied or changed my birthday so I suppose out of everything put on here, that was the most ridiculous. This is just what worked for me and I feel a lot of you are bothered because it's more extreme than just cutting down on calorie consumption. But again, this is just what worked for me. It's FINE if you don't want to do it, I never said this was the only way to lose weight. You people seriously need to relax and back off my age, sorry I wasn't born sooner???

Then how do you have a joined date of 2011, but be 19 in 2014?

SQ.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I might have lied at the time to create my account because I was underage when I created the account but I am 19... I can't remember back to that exact day lol and I just recently developed a disorder because I just want these last stubborn pounds gone but when I first began my weight loss journey, I did purely by exercising and eating clean. 5-6 times a day. not after 7. preplanning my meals. and with tea. this is why I put my tips up. because this is the route I took. I have repeated this.

So you have ed because you stopped being healthy. If you were losing weight correctly where is the ED coming from? Lack of knowledge to know about the stubborn weight maybe?
  • Stiang
    Stiang Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Advisory on Green Tea - I have hypothyroidism and must take a synthyroid every morning. I replaced my coffee with Green Tea one morning - within an hour, I had bad shakes and nausea. Green Tea can react with synthyroid medication (I don't think everyone has the reaction - it is a case of each individual.)

Otherwise, thanks for the tips. I may or may not follow them.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Advisory on Green Tea - I have hypothyroidism and must take a synthyroid every morning. I replaced my coffee with Green Tea one morning - within an hour, I had bad shakes and nausea. Green Tea can react with synthyroid medication (I don't think everyone has the reaction - it is a case of each individual.)

Otherwise, thanks for the tips. I may or may not follow them.

I have a friend that cannot drink Green Tea since she was diagnosed with a blood clot and was on warfarin or something like that. Sounds life dangering to me.
  • paulaaah
    Options
    WELL I totally give up lol some have agreed, most have not. I was born 12/01/1994 and have never lied or changed my birthday so I suppose out of everything put on here, that was the most ridiculous. This is just what worked for me and I feel a lot of you are bothered because it's more extreme than just cutting down on calorie consumption. But again, this is just what worked for me. It's FINE if you don't want to do it, I never said this was the only way to lose weight. You people seriously need to relax and back off my age, sorry I wasn't born sooner???

Then how do you have a joined date of 2011, but be 19 in 2014?

SQ.

I just said I probably lied when I made the account just so I could make it. I just wanted to keep track of my calories thought this was a good app to use. I can't remember back to that day though. But I am 19 years old. I'm not even sure you have to be 18 to use the app because I don't remember ever changing the birthday I used to make the account.
This discussion has been closed.