If my body is my temple, then I want to decorate the walls :tongue:

Cool, Buffalo. Is your temple open for a showing? :wink: :laugh:

wow- hahahahahah

It's not a no, dude.

I'm so in!
  • swankoski
    swankoski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know people who have tattoos that they regret. Since the current fad started, by my estimation, about 25 years ago, this is unsurprising since most of them got them impulsively. Some of them regret their "old" tattoos but have no problem getting new ones. I guess they don't see the problem.

I personally don't care what people do as far as tattoos go, but since the topic is "yay or nay?" then I'll say nay rather emphatically. About the only thing more unattractive on a woman is a lit cigarette. My experience with tattooed people shows that they're inclined to act impulsively and do something that is the equivalent of screaming "look at me!" as loud as possible, neither of which are attractive qualities.

Then there are the people who have small tattoos in hidden places. They're so out of the way or not noticeable that it begs the question why they even got them.

I guess I just don't understand the entire concept. I agree with one of the early posters is that you should think about it for a very long time.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    I know people who have tattoos that they regret. Since the current fad started, by my estimation, about 25 years ago, this is unsurprising since most of them got them impulsively. Some of them regret their "old" tattoos but have no problem getting new ones. I guess they don't see the problem.

I personally don't care what people do as far as tattoos go, but since the topic is "yay or nay?" then I'll say nay rather emphatically. About the only thing more unattractive on a woman is a lit cigarette. My experience with tattooed people shows that they're inclined to act impulsively and do something that is the equivalent of screaming "look at me!" as loud as possible, neither of which are attractive qualities.

Then there are the people who have small tattoos in hidden places. They're so out of the way or not noticeable that it begs the question why they even got them.

I guess I just don't understand the entire concept. I agree with one of the early posters is that you should think about it for a very long time.

Yep, super unattractive

tumblr_ljtelzpH3n1qawb05o1_500.gif
  • CaptAmerica104
    CaptAmerica104 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    http://www.break.com/video/ugc/tattoo-removal-spoof-funny-300629

This reminded me of the SNL skit done a few years ago..Hillarious!
  • Sarahonly
    Sarahonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My experience with tattooed people shows that they're inclined to act impulsively and do something that is the equivalent of screaming "look at me!" as loud as possible, neither of which are attractive qualities.

I think it's more along the lines of impulsive people get sporadic tattoos, not all tattooed people are impulsive :p
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    My experience with tattooed people shows that they're inclined to act impulsively and do something that is the equivalent of screaming "look at me!" as loud as possible, neither of which are attractive qualities.

I think it's more along the lines of impulsive people get sporadic tattoos, not all tattooed people are impulsive :p

You know, for a Canadian, you're pretty damn cool. Playing WoW helps too. :laugh:
  • Sarahonly
    Options

You know, for a Canadian, you're pretty damn cool. Playing WoW helps too. :laugh:

I'll go ahead and hope you play Horde!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I was once the most tattooed woman in my Northern Michigan town. My husband and I used to laugh when we'd walk down the street and watch mothers pull their children closer, or just plain cross to the other side. Mine are all strategically placed and you'd never know I had them if I didn't want you to. People are surprised when I tell them that I have mermaids and sea creatures which run from my ribcage to just above my knee. Just because I'm older and plumper at the moment doesn't make me love them any less. The human body is a work of art...I decided to add to the artwork! I may not love the backdrop at the moment, but I will always love my ink!!!!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Gag! Damn Horde. They were making my life difficult Sunday when I was trying to level a shaman in the Outlands. :laugh:
  • Sarahonly
    Options

Gag! Damn Horde. They were making my life difficult Sunday when I was trying to level a shaman in the Outlands. :laugh:

As were you dirty Alliance! Ganking a level 70.... Dispicable! :p
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I LOVE quality tattoos that have meaning....I do NOT love really crappy ones that are because some kid just wanted to be a badass.
  • sk8trchk
    sk8trchk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I say heck yes. I just got a new one yesterday. Very pretty and it has a ton of meaning. I have gotten to the point where I have no idea how many I have until I stop and count. I'm in double digits now.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    I LOVE quality tattoos that have meaning....I do NOT love really crappy ones that are because some kid just wanted to be a badass.

What do you mean by "meaning"?

why not just because someone like's the art work?
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

I have Van Gogh's Starry Night on my forearm, and the meaning is I like the art. So I agree.
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It does nothing for me but I would never begrudge those that do. Each to their own.
  • sk8trchk
    sk8trchk Posts: 44 Member
    Options

The meaning behind most of mine is they look cool and I like them. My artist kicks butt!!!
  • laynerich15
    Options

I have Van Gogh's Starry Night on my forearm, and the meaning is I like the art. So I agree.

same here dude, I have a Mario/Nintendo sleeve, why?... because it is what I wanted

not because I was in need of a theripst and got a tattoo instead.

the BS stories are why I stopped watching tattoo shows like Miami INK