Tattoos -- Yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• Sarahonly
    Sarahonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I LOVE quality tattoos that have meaning....I do NOT love really crappy ones that are because some kid just wanted to be a badass.

What do you mean by "meaning"?

why not just because someone like's the art work?

Exactly!
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Sorry this "meaning" behind tattoos argument annoys the crap out of me
  • TheBookSiren2316
    Options
    I don't have any- yet. I've seen more people with terrible ink than good ink, in my opinion. Including my sister who basically ruined her arm by going to a bad artist at an age too young to realize how bad the artist was. She always tells me to never get tattoos, even though she has since gotten many more.There are also too many tattoo "artists' who are not worth a dime but get to permanently maim ignorant people repeatedly and get more ignorant customers based on the sheer number of prior ignorants they have maimed. lol

I do have two tattoos I want to get some day. I've never personally met anyone with them, and they are specific to my personality and things close to my heart. Before I ever go through with it though, I plan to use henna on the spot for 6 months, if I get tired of it, I wont get the tattoo.

I have to admit seeing some people that are covered in tat's, looks absolutely amazing! I couldn't do it, but tattoos on other's don't usually bother me in general.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    My experience with tattooed people shows that they're inclined to act impulsively and do something that is the equivalent of screaming "look at me!" as loud as possible, neither of which are attractive qualities.

I think it's more along the lines of impulsive people get sporadic tattoos, not all tattooed people are impulsive :p

You know, for a Canadian, you're pretty damn cool. Playing WoW helps too. :laugh:

I'll go ahead and hope you play Horde!

Gag! Damn Horde. They were making my life difficult Sunday when I was trying to level a shaman in the Outlands. :laugh:

As were you dirty Alliance! Ganking a level 70.... Dispicable! :p

I'm sure my step-son was behind the whole ordeal. :laugh:
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I LOVE quality tattoos that have meaning....I do NOT love really crappy ones that are because some kid just wanted to be a badass.

I have Van Gogh's Starry Night on my forearm, and the meaning is I like the art. So I agree.

same here dude, I have a Mario/Nintendo sleeve, why?... because it is what I wanted it

not because I was in need of a theripst and got a tattoo instead.

the BS stories are why I stopped watching tattoo shows like Miami INK

My personal opinion of this is that if you have it because you like the artwork or scene, then it has some kind of meaning to you. It's different for each person, but I do know a lot of really dumb kids in college that got tattoos because it was popular and they wanted to be accepted and got what everyone else was getting on a whim.... I understand that process and mentality, but they're generally obvious and I don't like them. I personally, like ones that have some thought or relevance to each person's inner self. If I ask you about a tat, then I want to know why you chose to get it. Not saying it needs to be the elaborate story that those bull crap reality shows give, but not a random, "My friends and I thought it would be cool". To each their own, but that's what I like about tattoos.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I don't have any- yet. I've seen more people with terrible ink than good ink, in my opinion. Including my sister who basically ruined her arm by going to a bad artist at an age too young to realize how bad the artist was. She always tells me to never get tattoos, even though she has since gotten many more.There are also too many tattoo "artists' who are not worth a dime but get to permanently maim ignorant people repeatedly and get more ignorant customers based on the sheer number of prior ignorants they have maimed. lol

That's why if or when I can get my first tattoo Scott Versago is the one who will do it. Anything that will be there for the rest of my life is NOT going to be done by some rank amateur.
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yay for me, I have 8, some have meaning to me some are what I think are pretty, I love a good tattoo and will often compliment people on theirs and hope they do not think I am a creep. I plan on getting more, I just need the funds
  • CrystalC16
    Options
    I have 9, so I would say yes.
    If my body is my temple, then I want to decorate the walls :tongue:

Cool, Buffalo. Is your temple open for a showing? :wink: :laugh:

wow- hahahahahah

It's not a no, dude.

I'm so in!

ha! sorry not in!
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes :drinker:
  • laynerich15
    Options

I have Van Gogh's Starry Night on my forearm, and the meaning is I like the art. So I agree.

same here dude, I have a Mario/Nintendo sleeve, why?... because it is what I wanted it

My personal opinion of this is that if you have it because you like the artwork or scene, then it has some kind of meaning to you. It's different for each person, but I do know a lot of really dumb kids in college that got tattoos because it was popular and they wanted to be accepted and got what everyone else was getting on a whim.... I understand that process and mentality, but they're generally obvious and I don't like them. I personally, like ones that have some thought or relevance to each person's inner self. If I ask you about a tat, then I want to know why you chose to get it. Not saying it needs to be the elaborate story that those bull crap reality shows give, but not a random, "My friends and I thought it would be cool". To each their own, but that's what I like about tattoos.

So my friend getting a roster tattoo on the upper inside part of his leg so he can say "would you like to see my ****" while lifting his shorts up makes it any less of a good idea?
  • caitrocks8
    caitrocks8 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yay! Yay! Yay!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Tattoos have a strange ability to make my undies fall off and fly across the room and my hips uncontrollably thrust towards the tattooed one...

1380782526481794.gif
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

So my friend getting a roster tattoo on the upper inside part of his leg so he can say "would you like to see my ****" while lifting his shorts up makes it any less of a good idea?

LOL!! Well, there's something to be said for sense of humor and helping him get laid! Or punched!!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I have a skull with a 13 on it because my artist called me, said "It's friday the 13th, come in and I'll hook you up. My choice." So I said ok. I guess that's the story behind that one? I still love it.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I think small tattoos are fine on some people, but I really dislike sleeves and the ones that go around people's necks. That's just my personal preference, though. I think the artwork on good tattoos can be amazing. I'd be unlikely to get a tattoo of my own, since I don't like anything well enough to decorate myself with it for the rest of my life (well, maybe the Saints logo or a portrait of my late dog, Beau). In the X-Men vs Mortal Kombat dilemma--definitely the 70's/Chris Claremont style Nightcrawler, hands down, with a close second being the original-style Gambit. :)
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Tattoos have a strange ability to make my undies fall off and fly across the room and my hips uncontrollably thrust towards the tattooed one...

1380782526481794.gif

NYzYA.gif
  • jnichel
    Options
    I have 9, so I would say yes.
    If my body is my temple, then I want to decorate the walls :tongue:

Cool, Buffalo. Is your temple open for a showing? :wink: :laugh:

wow- hahahahahah

It's not a no, dude.

I'm so in!

ha! sorry not in!

Denied! :sad:
  • jnichel
    Options

1380782526481794.gif

Marry me? :love: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • laynerich15
    Options

1380782526481794.gif

\
    hahahahaha this
  • laynerich15
    Options

LOL!! Well, there's something to be said for sense of humor and helping him get laid! Or punched!!

hehe it was me that told him it would be the best tattoo idea ever.