How do you know if you're in the friend zone?

Options
Scumbag_Gil
Scumbag_Gil Posts: 397 Member
What are the signs? How can you tell? Is it possible to get out?

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    First!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You'll know the signs when you see them. They're not always the same, but they're usually pretty clear. And even if it were possible to get out of the FZ, (it usually isn't) why would you want to? Why would you want to fight to be in a relationship that the other person just isn't feeling?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    No sexual banter, nudes, or sexting.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    No sex, no sex, and alcohol
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    you don't have sex and you haven't seen her naked

sorry brah

eta: it might be possible to get out if she sees your junk and really likes it
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You'll know the signs when you see them. They're not always the same, but they're usually pretty clear. And even if it were possible to get out of the FZ, (it usually isn't) why would you want to? Why would you want to fight to be in a relationship that the other person just isn't feeling?

What if she's the one

If she's FZed you, she's clearly not. Quit trolling.
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you think you might be in the friend zone, you're in the friend zone. Sorry.

Stories of guys getting out of the friend zone are few and far between. You're best off taking a step back from your friendship with this girl until you resolve your feelings. Otherwise you might need to stop being friends entirely.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    What are the signs? How can you tell? Is it possible to get out?

Shouldn't you already know the signs?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    hC380740D
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

What if she's the one

movie_29306.jpg
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I used to get friend zoned a lot. It was usually pretty easy to know- it went like this:

Me: "I like you"

Him: "Eeeehh..um... can we just be friends?"

Me: "Ok sure"

Done- I knew I was in the friend zone. Just talk to them.

ps- two of these guys actually became my best friends in university- it doesn't have to be soul crushing, just don't take it too personally!
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    hC380740D

QFT
  • dnak17
    dnak17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

What if she's the one

If she's FZed you, she's clearly not. Quit trolling.

This.

Also, since when did befriending a woman become such a bad thing?
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    If after brunch and the museum she won't watch a documentary with you, you've been F-zoned.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    There's a really simple way to find out. Tell her how you feel, then ask her how she feels.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    When you befriend a person just to get sex, you're in the 'friend zone'. You are also an *kitten*.