Your most notable rejection

Options
12346»

Replies

• Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I was engaged years ago. My then-fiancé suddenly decided that he could not bear to "restrict" himself to me. He dumped me. On my lunch break. Three weeks before the wedding.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I sent some flowers to a guy and said if he was interested to ring me at a particular time. But the eejit didn't wait did he and rang when I wasn't at home. He proceeded to tell my brother about these flowers and demanded to know who the hell I was. I was mortified. Of course my family teased me endlessly and I said that a friend had set me up.
  • agousetis
    agousetis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bought a dozen roses for a girl on Valentines Day.....she SOLD them to her history teacher. FML
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Once, when I was younger and working as a lifeguard, I asked one of the young ladies attending the pool out. She said, "No."

I stood there and blinked for a few seconds and tried to wrap my mind around the concept. It was unreal.

I still wake up screaming about that one sometimes.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Does it count if it wasn't a breakup, but just one of the worst things a partner said to you?

As in, You have a great body but only an OK face, and yes, being pretty will always be more important than a great body.

Or, my all-time favorite "You're the first girl I dated for something other than what she looked like". He kinda probably meant it as a compliment, but....you can't say that.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Does it count if it wasn't a breakup, but just one of the worst things a partner said to you?

As in, You have a great body but only an OK face, and yes, being pretty will always be more important than a great body.

Or, my all-time favorite "You're the first girl I dated for something other than what she looked like". He kinda probably meant it as a compliment, but....you can't say that.

My current husband, yes, I actually married the idiot who said this...."I mean, our girlfriends aren't supermodels, but it's not like they're ugly."
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Definitely the most notable was when I was rejected by hearing the boy I had a crush on yell over a crowd of about 60 other 6th graders between us, "MICHELLE!? She's so UGLY, I would NEVER go out with her!"

I cried the whole way home on the bus.

My favorite rejections were from the boys that later asked me out in high school and I got to say no. Well, I said it in a meaner way.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have never been rejected or dumped.

Unless, I count someone declining my FR.

I only send a FR once in an LTR.
  • FlashMorehouse
    FlashMorehouse Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A long long time ago and in another universe I wanted to work for a specific company so badly that I applied for virtually every job opening they had everytime they had a job opening. Except that one time I didn't.

I got a rejection letter from that company for a job I never applied for and didn't even know they were acceptin applications.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Lol, I totally forgot about this one:

Being a huge 49er fan, I thought it would be cool to get a job at the practice facility (I was 19 at the time). So I applied as a janitor. 3 weeks later I got a rejection letter stating "At this time there are no openings for this position. Thank you for submitting your application." :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    "you're too nice"

hmmm.. really?? Ok... because i tell ya what, get to know me, and you'll see that i'm actually a nasty bit of work
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    When I was is 10th grade, I was dating a boy for a couple of weeks. It was Christmas time, and the school newspaper was selling candy cane grams. So, I get one from him

"To: Kelly W.
    Terminated"

Except that I don't spell my name with a "y" so the other Kelly W. in my class got it, and came over to me and said "Um, I think this is for you."
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump