What grinds your gears

Replies

• laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

Cyclists really grind my gears. either you follow the rules of cars or pedestrians- not both.

cyclists know that you follow the rules of cars if you're on the road...it's generally the lay rider that does not know what they're doing.

They also shouldn't ride on narrow roads with no shoulder or a shoulder that is a 6 foot deep drainage ditch!! Cyclists also should not ride in groups of 40 in 3 abreast formation. They need to remember that a car will barely feel them as they bounce off our bumpers.

Agree fully on the 3 abreast, annoys me! Or the Cyclists that are out on a major road during rush hour slowing things down. I don't mind most of the time, but when I am trying to get to work on time....

apparently it is the drivers who don't actually know the rules of the road...

share the road *****es and stop trying to clip me when you have plenty of room for your big *kitten* SUV to get through.

hmmmmm 3 riders side by side on a busy road is just arrogant.

I had a issue with one the other day. I was in the right hand lane setting up to turn right with my indicator on. a bike rider that was behind me was unhappy he couldn't get beside me on my right so hit the back of my car.

then in typical rider fashion got beside me and kicked my door and mouthed off.

This is not a one off either, it speaks to what I am speaking about

Were you in the bike lane?

I've had the opposite experience: I am riding in the right lane, the driver to my left decides he needs to turn now, looks at me, and makes the turn. Into me. Not fun.

There was no bike lane. it was at a intersection with people crossing the turn I was about to make.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Drivers who:

-block an entire lane of traffic because they insist on turning at the break in the median (usually the exit for the oncoming traffic's turning lane) rather than going to the actual provided turning lane a few yards away.

-cut me off to turn a block ahead although there was no one behind me and waiting 2 seconds for me to pass would ensure they didn't get rear-ended.

- leave two full car lengths between them and the car ahead of them at stop light. I often daydream of parallel parking in front them just for giggles.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Movie sequels usually grind my gears.
    Remakes
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    The fact that fleshlights don't clean themselves.

tumblr_m3kybuu22Q1qh3ijdo1_500.gif

Can I watch?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    people who treat the homeless like they are walking infectious diseases
  • dpwellman
    - leave two full car lengths between them and the car ahead of them at stop light. I often daydream of parallel parking in front them just for giggles.
    Rule of thumb: always be able to see the rear tires of the car in front when coming to and at a stop. This allows most vehicles enough room to maneuver evasively from potential threats approaching rear quarter.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

Cyclists really grind my gears. either you follow the rules of cars or pedestrians- not both.

cyclists know that you follow the rules of cars if you're on the road...it's generally the lay rider that does not know what they're doing.

They also shouldn't ride on narrow roads with no shoulder or a shoulder that is a 6 foot deep drainage ditch!! Cyclists also should not ride in groups of 40 in 3 abreast formation. They need to remember that a car will barely feel them as they bounce off our bumpers.

Agree fully on the 3 abreast, annoys me! Or the Cyclists that are out on a major road during rush hour slowing things down. I don't mind most of the time, but when I am trying to get to work on time....

apparently it is the drivers who don't actually know the rules of the road...

share the road *****es and stop trying to clip me when you have plenty of room for your big *kitten* SUV to get through.

I generally happily share the road, and it's not all cyclists, its the ones that don't obey the laws. I can't drive my car three abreast, neither should a cyclist.

I also do have one argument about how the people driving cars should act...we pay taxes based on our car that we drive on the roads, the cyclist does not. Although I also don't think this gives drivers a right to be a**holes.

I ride a bike and drive a car - I am in no means a cyclist, but I ride on streets with little traffic or on trails because I don't think I need to be on a main road.

And I do not drive a big SUV
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Retired congress people getting lifetime 6 figure "pensions" even if they only served one term.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

And fat top of the line insurance plans for life. SO MUCH THIS.
  • dpwellman
    There was no bike lane. it was at a intersection with people crossing the turn I was about to make.
    If you passed him or WERE passing him within 50 meters of the intersection, you did wrong. If you were stopped and he was riding up between card and the curb, he was wrong.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Read my post correctly... he was behind me
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

How about a pedicab on the sidewalk? I was walking downtown the other day, on a narrow sidewalk, the pedicab guy sees me and instead of waiting where it is wider he decides to plow on. The sidewalk was only as wide as his cab and I had to jump on the curb to avoid him. I later him saw almost run down some women. They were stepping off the curb to cross and he comes flying down the sidewalk, turns into the crosswalk and nearly hit all of them.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    It's small, but extremely irritating.

I work in on a hospital switchboard, so we take both internal and external calls.

Someone calls specifically for a phone number, meaning they don't want me to transfer them, they want the actual number.

I've been here a long time, so I know most of the extensions and office numbers by heart.

I start to rattle off the number, and the person on the phone then says: "Oh, let me get a pen and piece of paper", proceeded by three minutes of rustling through drawers for paper, and trying six different pens before finding one that actually writes.

I've never actually screamed at someone for it, but this drives me insane. You called ME, specifically for a phone number, yet you're not ready when I give it to you? :explode:
    AMEN
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    The sheer number of people who think 'lose' is spelled 'loose'. To make it more palatable and less cringe-worthy, I imagine they're saying they're going to 'loose' the weight - set it free.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Usually worn synchros.

Retired congress people getting lifetime 6 figure "pensions" even if they only served one term.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    People who quote off "facts" meant to get people up in arms without doing any fact checking.
    http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/2013/jan/11/chain-email/can-members-congress-retire-full-pay-after-just-on/
  • PMA140
    PMA140 Posts: 60
    Being in a place that's supposed to be kind of quiet/serene, like a library or a fitting room at a nicer store, and someone's there with their young toddler who is fussy...but the KID is not my problem at all...even if they're whining and crying, I can block that out. It's the moms who have to VERY VERY LOUDLY narrate everything that is going on. "Cedar Rose, let Mommy just try on this black dress and then the polka dot dress and then we'll go to Starbucks. Cedar Rose don't sit on that. Cedar Rose pick that up. Cedar Rose, stop. Cedar Rose, Mommy is going to tuck your shirt back into your pants and then she's going to put this juice box away if you don't drink it ok sweetie?" Endless stream for fifteen minutes while I'm trying on jeans. Just stop.

lol, You don't have kids do you?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member

mass emails- old corworker sent one out to the small group of us (we are all same age-ish) and said WE"RE PREGNANT!

and EVERYONE hit reply all. So my fckign in box was flooded with CONGRATS.

my standard reply of "HIGH FIVE YOU CAN HAVE SEX!!!!!"I messaged separately.

I hate it when people say "we're pregnant". Really? Did your husband get pregnant too by osmosis?
    Unless your partner is another pregnant woman, just stop.
  • pipertargaryen
    double post.
  • pipertargaryen
    Being in a place that's supposed to be kind of quiet/serene, like a library or a fitting room at a nicer store, and someone's there with their young toddler who is fussy...but the KID is not my problem at all...even if they're whining and crying, I can block that out. It's the moms who have to VERY VERY LOUDLY narrate everything that is going on. "Cedar Rose, let Mommy just try on this black dress and then the polka dot dress and then we'll go to Starbucks. Cedar Rose don't sit on that. Cedar Rose pick that up. Cedar Rose, stop. Cedar Rose, Mommy is going to tuck your shirt back into your pants and then she's going to put this juice box away if you don't drink it ok sweetie?" Endless stream for fifteen minutes while I'm trying on jeans. Just stop.

lol, You don't have kids do you?

People who pull out 'you don't have kids, do you?' any time someone complains about someone not knowing that some places aren't appropriate for small children :flowerforyou:
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    I hate how americans drive on the highway. The left lane is for PASSING. If you aren't ACTIVELY PASSING someone on your right, MOVE THE EFF OVER.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    What grinds my gears...

is people who could care less about the speed they're driving until I try to pass them. Very frustrating, especially when I'm using my cruise control so I know I didn't slow down.

It's common knowledge that the best way to get someone that is in front of you to speed up is to try and pass them.