Women and High Heels

Options

Replies

• DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I hate high heels. They ruin your feet and your posture. Anyone who tells you they're comfortable is lying. I've worn pairs that are less uncomfortable than other pairs, but they're not as comfortable as flats. I do own a pair, but only for pole and burlesque classes. Other than that, I don't wear them, ever.

Thanks for calling me and thousands of other women liars.

PS- we aren't.

Some shoes with heels are comfortable.

You don't speak for everyone's comfort. I don't find jeans and most pants comfortable- but thousands of women everywhere do. Should I start calling them liars?

Lol - How did I miss this??? I agree. ^^^ I ONLY wear high heels. AND, my chiropractor, doctor AND podiatrist all gave it the thumbs up, since it hurts my feet to walk in flats...SMH.

My sister is the same way. So is a co-worker of mine. Weird, but high heels feel better on their feet than flats. I think it's because of their arch.

I personally love the look of certain high heels. I don't know wear them much unless it's for a special outing.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    As a person, I don't see why it's any of my concern why someone wears heels...
    It is also not my place to consider one may be a loose woman because she wears heels...

Slut shaming is really gross, kids. Don't do it.

testify
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I can wear a 3 inch wedge high heeled sandal made by Crocs. It is VERY comfy but I do frequently walk like a calf in it. I generally stick to sneakers and flat Crocs. My feet get very achy otherwise.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You're on a roll today, OP. From cheating on your spouse (the most asinine post ever, btw) to women in high heels. Where will your mind go next?

you read my mind :yawn: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Real woman don't show ankles ???? really??? Then I'm more plastic than holly wood because I love my flip flops, strappy heals, wedges and platform stilettos(minus the whorish look) …Uncomfertable?? Please I can run in mine? And in case you DON'T know? Flats, boots, tennis shoes even can be JUST as uncomfortable not from poor fit. I had very well fit FLAT shoes that gave me more pain and raw skin then my high heel ever did……ugh why are some men and even some woman so condescending? I don't feel your asking this question because really want to know-but maybe I like to give the benefit of doubt so idk. But it SOUNDS, just sounds, like you are here to nit pick and criticize. Woman love feeling beautiful and a 5th grader could answer that. Who does not want to feel special? Its a feeling of empowerment. There is something very nice when you wear comfortable stilettos for a night out on a date…but thats already a given. Its just different for many woman to the why's of what we do….and it will never change. Also, more power to the woman with flats too-but I find some flats don't support me as well and don't look as nice as heals. even flats with jewel tones don't look as dressed up as heels do…but that is how I feel and I can say that
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You're on a roll today, OP. From cheating on your spouse (the most asinine post ever, btw) to women in high heels. Where will your mind go next?

you read my mind :yawn: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    ^^^ this
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    For me it's the platform under the toe that seems to be so popular these days which is the line between those two options (that being said, paired with the right clothes and it won't auto-jump to skanky). So I don't buy shoes any more.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    One of co-workers wears these at least once a week. Just weird:

weird-high-heel-11.jpeg

Not going to lie. I find these hideous.

They remind me of this...

the-arrival-o.gif
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I hate high heels. They ruin your feet and your posture. Anyone who tells you they're comfortable is lying. I've worn pairs that are less uncomfortable than other pairs, but they're not as comfortable as flats. I do own a pair, but only for pole and burlesque classes. Other than that, I don't wear them, ever.

Yeah, see my heels are very comfortable. I can dance in them, run in them . . . do lots of things in them.

The funny thing is that my podiatrist told me that platform high heels are the best thing that I can wear for the issue I have with one of my toes because of my high arches.

Platform shoes: Doctor approved.:drinker:
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    I love high heels! I wear them to work and away from work. They accentuate my legs and I just feel sexier in them. They will probably ruin my feet someday, but for now, I'm loving them!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    for me it's about the way they make me *feel* I FEEL awesome when I wear them - because let's be honest, if I'm wearing heels then I'm prob rocking a hot outfit (not wearing heels in my gym clothes or uniform for work (medic)) - confidence +1
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Why do men ask such stupid questions? :laugh:

I think they just like to see the nonsense women come up with as answers. LMFAO! Me included.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,666 Member
    Options
    I’m always curious about what the opposite sex is thinking. What's up with high heels?

I'm curious as to what characteristics make a high heel go from sexy tasteful to whorey skanktastic in a milisecond. Is it the height of the heel? The color? The straps?

I don't know why, but from your profile picture, I cannot possibly imagine you verbally saying this. Your word choices don't match your face. :laugh:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I am over 6' tall, with size twelve feet. I can buy my shoes locally in ONE place - payless.

Payless takes their average shoe with the average heel and just enlarges it.. which enlarges the heel.

Which often changes a 2" heel in size 7 to a 3.5" heel in size 12.
    And a 3" heel in size seven to a 4.5" heel.

So, when I go into look at my selection, I see about a dozen pairs with a 4" heel, and then ugly fuzzy slippers. Or crappy flip flops.

Often times.. I have to take the heel.

But that's ok... Cuz I rock it!

And Mirey Gal is HOT. Rock those heels grrl! I wear a 12 too so I totally identify.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I prefer some sort of heel over flat shoes, I feel like I'm going to fall over backwards in flats. That said I prefer wedges and chunky heels over stilettos, although I do have a few pair of those as well.

It's easy to say anything over x inches with less than x diameter is whoreish, but honestly, a lot of it depends on the context of where you are wearing them. If you're taking your kid to baseball practice in 3 inch stilettos it's going to look much more whoreish than wearing 5 inch stilettos to a company Christmas formal.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Because they make my legs look amazing! :drinker:

I only wear them when I'm going out or want to look sexy. Not all of them are uncomfortable, I own a few that are cute and comfy.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here....

model-falls-gif.gif
    6a0120a95a88d5970b019b01413776970c-800wi.gif
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options

tumblr_n4h10bNYJB1txa9svo1_500.gif

Can't stop watching.....
    So jealous! :laugh:
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Normally it will be depending of the how much hotter the girl is that's wearing them.

Sex in the city as a prime example- those girls sleep with everything that moves, because they are ugly as sin girl love them.

have 4 hot girls on the show and they would be sluts.
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    Options

tumblr_n4h10bNYJB1txa9svo1_500.gif

Can't stop watching.....
    So jealous! :laugh:

Check out Yanis Marshall on you tube.. Its like my goodness hehe ( thats the guy in the front , amazing choreographer )