What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Burial Rites by Hannah Kent.

Haunting and melancholy, but a total page-turner (so far)!

I loved that book! I am reading "The Bohemians: Mark Twain and the San Francisco Writers Who Reinvented American Literature" by Ben Tarnoff.
  • I_am_Kara
    I_am_Kara Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Child of Mine by David and Beverly Lewis
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, the 4th in the Outlander, & I have been for like a year now. I was loving this series last summer & burned through the first 3 books in no time, but now I've been stuck on this one forever. I took a break because of school & I forgot my place when I picked it up again [via finally buying them all on Kindle since the library never has them], so now I'm rereading a bunch so I can remember what the heck is going on. This is definitely one of those series that has a lot going on & if you take an extended break from it you're pretty much screwed. If the books weren't like 800 pages long, I would consider restarting from the beginning of the series, but that's just not happening! Hopefully I'll be able to get back into it soon.
    I'm reading the same Outlander series.. halfway through Dragonfly in Amber..I love the story and characters... However, when I see the commercials for the upcoming tv show on Starz this fall based on that series in books, neither Clare nor Jamie shown in those commercials fit the Clare and Jamie in my head from reading the books.. I hate when that happens. :(

I'm having this trouble too! I want to watch it when it starts, but I'm worried about it ruining my chances of finishing the series because I think I like my version of Jamie & Claire better than the Starz version.
  • losingforgood120
    Options
    Fablehaven
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    A Winter Scandal~by Candace Camp
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Working my way through The Complete Stories of Franz Kafka =)
  • TatianaSoe
    TatianaSoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett and One Thousand and One Nights (Arabian Nights).

Started One Thousand and One Nights earlier this year, on night number 433. I started re-reading some of my Pratchett books during vacation.
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  • ambascom
    ambascom Posts: 59
    Options
    The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble
    I'm about to start reading Twenties Girls by Sophia Kinsella as well

And I write books, so I'm also rereading first drafts of a couple of my own pieces :)
  • MyNameIsBeki
    Options
    In Search of Schrodinger's Cat by John Gribbon
  • abrar0290
    abrar0290 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Steppenwolf - Herman Hesse
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Iced by Karen Marie Moning, Think Like a Freak and trying to finish Eat, Pray, Love.
  • Care_Mia
    Care_Mia Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The Forgotten by Baldacci
  • poetgirl115
    poetgirl115 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Currently almost finished with "The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet," then I'm finally going to read the Game of Thrones series (I've seen every episode, just haven't had time to get the books), then Ender's Game, then some mandatory reading for school, once it starts up again. :)
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Microsoft Office 2013... dry but informative.

Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown was awful

Just started reading On the Street Where You Live by Mary Higgins Clark
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Re-reading Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk. It's one of my favourites.
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Becoming a supple leopard by Dr. Kelly Stewert

The 4 GOT book....only have 20% left....
  • RadScorp
    RadScorp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Half a King -- Joe Abercrombie
    The Elements of Style --William Strunk and E.B. White
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "Dead Beat"--Jim Butcher. I'm in love with Harry Dresden.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Four Fish, by Paul Greenberg. It is a profile of four food fish (salmon, cod, sea bass, tuna) and where they come from, how we are affecting them, and what is predicted for their future.