Looking for a detox/cleanse?

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Wow....I think we might need a do over here. One with a title that doesn't sound like its encouraging people to come here looking for a cleanse.

Did it occur to you that perhaps the people looking for a cleanse are the people that need to see the information I've provided?
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Wow....I think we might need a do over here. One with a title that doesn't sound like its encouraging people to come here looking for a cleanse.

Did it occur to you that perhaps the people looking for a cleanse are the people that need to see the information I've provided?
    Okay...wow....did it occur to you that a lot of people are assuming that this is the place to come if you want a cleanse? They are not actually reading what you posted.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Okay...wow....did it occur to you that a lot of people are assuming that this is the place to come if you want a cleanse? They are not actually reading what you posted.

By highlighting the need for people to read what the OP linked would be helpful. Oh, I just did :bigsmile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Well...if they are looking for a cleanse you would kind of expect them to actually read the OP, which they are obviously not.

ETA: wow
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options

Then they need to actually read what was posted and not just see the word CLEANSE and latch onto it.
    This is just a common issue on the boards. People seem to have a TL, DR mentality and just see what they want to see, or read a title and not the actual post. The information provided is a great read and I totally agree with it and bookmarked the links.

There was another post in Motivation and Support where a lady posted that she had just ended an abusive relationship. It was a well written post about how she had been the one abusing herself with a bad attitude, calling herself names, and just thinking really badly of herself. A lot of people didn't read it, just posted that they also left spouses who were abusive, or begging her to leave the guy before he really hurt her.

I guess I was just trying to point out that if the title had stated why detox/cleanses are not effective, or something along those lines, people probably wouldn't have come in thinking that this was the place to go to find a good cleanse.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Then they need to actually read what was posted and not just see the word CLEANSE and latch onto it.
    This is just a common issue on the boards. People seem to have a TL, DR mentality and just see what they want to see, or read a title and not the actual post. The information provided is a great read and I totally agree with it and bookmarked the links.

There was another post in Motivation and Support where a lady posted that she had just ended an abusive relationship. It was a well written post about how she had been the one abusing herself with a bad attitude, calling herself names, and just thinking really badly of herself. A lot of people didn't read it, just posted that they also left spouses who were abusive, or begging her to leave the guy before he really hurt her.

I guess I was just trying to point out that if the title had stated why detox/cleanses are not effective, or something along those lines, people probably wouldn't have come in thinking that this was the place to go to find a good cleanse.

My belief is that they would be less likely to read the post if they new it was a post trying to convince them that their previously held idea was wrong. So then they have even less change to see information that conflicts with their view.

And while I haven't looked at every reply, there is this:
    I am thrilled to find this post! I was looking into doing a cleanse... so glad I read this first!

Which would seem to indicate that at least some people are coming in here and then learning that they shouldn't do this.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options

My belief is that they would be less likely to read the post if they new it was a post trying to convince them that their previously held idea was wrong. So then they have even less change to see information that conflicts with their view.

And while I haven't looked at every reply, there is this:
    I am thrilled to find this post! I was looking into doing a cleanse... so glad I read this first!

Which would seem to indicate that at least some people are coming in here and then learning that they shouldn't do this.
    There are also, hopefully, those thinking about cleanses/detoxes that read this and changed their mind, but maybe just don't post on the boards.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    This should be pinned somewhere!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Like wow..don't you think that regardless the title, people should actually READ the thread?

Mind blowing, right?

Why don't you quit hijacking this thread now because you have issues with people only reading the title of things.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Guess your evil bait and switch plan has been foiled by lazy readers :smile:
  • kiarafitjourney
    kiarafitjourney Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've been thinking about doing juice detox but been delaying it because i dont think it'll gives me enough energy
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    *scoff* *snort* *other sounds*
    Like the truth and science-based facts ever got us anywhere!

*whispers* bump...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This should be pinned somewhere!!

It is. If you go back out into General Diet and Weight Loss Help it's right at the top.
  • dbsscott1
    dbsscott1 Posts: 6
    Options
    :smile:
  • h2oladee
    h2oladee Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks, I appreciate the information & common sense. Sometimes I need that kick in the butt to remind me there's no quick - fix! :ohwell:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Try the tummy water you can get the list of ingredients on line . Basically it's ginger ,cucumber ,lemon , mint added to water . It flushes your system and helps you drop weight fast . I love it because your drinking fluids and your not eating as much . Try it
    Lori

Did you read the OP?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Try the tummy water you can get the list of ingredients on line . Basically it's ginger ,cucumber ,lemon , mint added to water . It flushes your system and helps you drop weight fast . I love it because your drinking fluids and your not eating as much . Try it
    Lori

Did you read the OP?

Clearly not.
  • amreadarrens
    amreadarrens Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)