Looking for a detox/cleanse?

Options

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I did the mastercleanse. Obviously you cant maintain the loss however it did teach me something. I believe it can teach you how to listen to your body and recognize when you are truly hungry or eating to eat. It taught me I do have willpower if I am in the right mindset. I am a binge eater and it taught me how to have balance with food by decreasing its neccesity in my brain. It was no longer that desirable. Which for me is huge cuz I think of food obsessively. So it can prepare you for vlc diets as well. Like the hcg diet or caveman paleo or the the ketogenic type diets or diets where you have to stop eating certain things like dairy wheat gluten and stuff like that or if you are heading toward the raw or vegetarian or vegan.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, so now we have a cleanse to Prepare you for a VLCD and/or a diet where you have to restrict certain things. :indifferent:

Oh dear :noway:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I did the mastercleanse. Obviously you cant maintain the loss however it did teach me something. I believe it can teach you how to listen to your body and recognize when you are truly hungry or eating to eat. It taught me I do have willpower if I am in the right mindset. I am a binge eater and it taught me how to have balance with food by decreasing its neccesity in my brain. It was no longer that desirable. Which for me is huge cuz I think of food obsessively. So it can prepare you for vlc diets as well. Like the hcg diet or caveman paleo or the the ketogenic type diets or diets where you have to stop eating certain things like dairy wheat gluten and stuff like that or if you are heading toward the raw or vegetarian or vegan.

I don't know where to start....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Facepalm.
  • Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How about instead of rolling your eyes and face palming you actually reveal what you find so wrong with the post?

I also did the Master Cleanse and had great success with it. It was rough going a few times there due to stomach cramps and cravings but I persevered for two weeks. It taught me how much I depend on food as an emotional crutch. Now I eat good, healthy foods when I'm hungry and it works out so much better.

During the vast majority of the cleanse I craved Chipotle like crazy. I just wanted to be free of that obsession, it was absurd. Now it's gone and thank goodness for that. Now I just crave freshly pressed juices and vegetables.

My daily calories were about 810. I tried to walk everyday to keep my metabolism from falling to far. I did lose muscle mass, but I'm working on getting it back. I either run or walk everyday and I'm adding in some strength training as well.

I lost over 20lbs, during the cleanse and the week after of lite eating and so far I've kept it off. I'm also a vegetarian now and I never thought that would be the case. I feel much healthier, much better, much cleaner in body and mind.

So there's that!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    How about instead of rolling your eyes and face palming you actually reveal what you find so wrong with the post?

I also did the Master Cleanse and had great success with it. It was rough going a few times there due to stomach cramps and cravings but I persevered for two weeks. It taught me how much I depend on food as an emotional crutch. Now I eat good, healthy foods when I'm hungry and it works out so much better.

During the vast majority of the cleanse I craved Chipotle like crazy. I just wanted to be free of that obsession, it was absurd. Now it's gone and thank goodness for that. Now I just crave freshly pressed juices and vegetables.

My daily calories were about 810. I tried to walk everyday to keep my metabolism from falling to far. I did lose muscle mass, but I'm working on getting it back. I either run or walk everyday and I'm adding in some strength training as well.

I lost over 20lbs, during the cleanse and the week after of lite eating and so far I've kept it off. I'm also a vegetarian now and I never thought that would be the case. I feel much healthier, much better, much cleaner in body and mind.

So there's that!

It was pretty obvious to be honest, just as there are pretty obvious red flags in yours, such as:

- daily calories of 810
    - losing muscle mass
    - stomach cramps

Also, the MasterCleanse can actually be harmful over and above that as it recommends the use of laxatives.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

So there's that!

810 calories.
    Stomach cramps.
    Prepare for a vlcd.

Theres nothing right about it. Instead of asking why the facepalm, why don't you read the first post in the thread?
  • sweetnessnc
    sweetnessnc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LMBO!
  • gilmore606
    gilmore606 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bro i'm not a doctor but i gotta say i drank nothin but gilby's gin for three weeks and i turned into captain planet you feel me
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    It's a sticky - you dont need to bump it :wink:
  • Kellih2468
    Kellih2468 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone here besides detox diets try HGC diet and notice side effects out way weight loss gains? I did HGC diet 2 times over a one year period. Besides gaining the weight back I noticed small in continence issues with light wettings just after using the bathroom. Also lead to night wettings which became more severe. I tried pads but still leaked at night. I've seen my doctor and she believes it's a side effect of the hgc diet. I've been wearing diapers to bed at night now and am waiting for test results to figure out what to do next. Please respond if anyone else is experiencing this particular side effect. Argh...
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Total bull****. If you can pee and poop, your body will "cleanse" itself. Anything else is just snake oil; products that claim to "detox" are just a way for hucksters to make money from the gullible.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    bro i'm not a doctor but i gotta say i drank nothin but gilby's gin for three weeks and i turned into captain planet you feel me

I did the sailor jerry's cleanse once with similar results
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    One of the best detox/cleanse out is [snipped]. Check it out :) [snipped]

LOLsigh
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    One of the best detox/cleanse out is ultimate reset. Check it out :)

NO.

Just NO
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You don't need a detox/cleanse - but I can tell you that doing the 21 day sugar/carb detox before I started MFP was the catalyst that put me on the path to healthier eating and weight loss for the past 7 months. After depriving myself of the things I love it was a pleasure to just count calories and not cut out anything.
    I honestly don't think I could have done this without it.

58369279.png
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    One of the best detox/cleanse out is ultimate reset. Check it out :) wwspammymcspammerson.com

Strong first post :drinker: